for questions or hardware only pricing.
now available with autocalibrate.
iScan Duo Video Processor
today to receive the latest DVDO iScan Duo news.
US orders ship USPS Priority Mail
and international orders ship USPS Express Mail. International orders may include extra import
duties and/or taxes according to the laws of the target country.
Contact us for custom shipping.
Payment methods include PayPal and all major credit cards
(PayPal account *not* needed to pay by credit card).
Our payment processor
will automatically convert the
your local currency.
Orders ship directly from our
ChromaPure partner in Missouri, USA.
We've worked out an
exclusive deal for our members to bring you this product at
a price lower than what everyone else pays anywhere on the internet. Buy direct
from our ChromaPure partner at prices lower than buying off their own website. Same product,
same support, just more money in your pocket at the end of the day.
New to calibration? Give our
free step by step guide a read:
Confused about meters? See our
FAQ: Which meter
is right for me?
THE TOTAL CALIBRATION SOLUTION
The DVDO iScan Duo video processor is a revolutionary product, a true game
changer. Here's why: Until now there was always one weak link in the chain of
video calibration. If your display lacked the proper set of calibration
controls, it simply didn't matter if you had an extremely accurate meter and the
world's greatest software. Without the means to adjust the image, you could not
improve the display regardless of whatever calibration equipment you used.
The only solution to this problem was an external device that provided the
necessary adjustments that you could place in between the source material
(broadcast, DVD, or Blu-ray) and the display. Unfortunately, there were very few
such devices available. There are full-featured video processor like the
Radiance that did the job, but they are more
expensive and out of reach for many users. There were also more affordable
PC-based solutions, but these devices lacked a robust feature set and required
adding a computer to your home entertainment system. The Duo changes all of
It is first and foremost a full-featured video processor designed from the
ground up as an user-friendly addition to a quality home theater installation.
It offers the following:
- Numerous inputs (analog and digital)
- Transcoding of analog inputs into digital
- World-class scaling and deinterlacing for
standard and high definition sources
- Noise reduction
- Detail enhancement
- Aspect ratio control
- Selectable output format, including up to
- User-friendly remote control with on-screen
With all of these features, the Duo is much like a high-end home theater
receiver without the amplifier section. However, what makes the Duo truly
special is the comprehensive set of video calibration controls it also offers.
- Comprehensive set of video test patterns
- 11-point greyscale adjustment
- 11-point gamma adjustment
- Full 3D color management, offering
adjustments to the brightness, hue, and saturation of all of the primary and
These controls allow a user or calibrator to dial in an image to near
perfection. Before the Duo, there simply was no product on the market that
offered this mix of powerful video processing, user-friendliness, and a full set
of calibration tools at anywhere near the price of the Duo.
The DVDO Duo may be adjusted manually or using
ChromaPure Auto-Calibrate which allows anyone with little or no training
in video technology to fully calibrate their display with almost no user input.
Just setup a few simple options, click Auto-Calibrate, and then just go have a
cup of coffee while the process completes, usually in less than 10 minutes.
For more on Colour Management Systems (CMS), what they are, and why we
need them, see
article by Terry Paullin (900K, PDF format). He teaches for the Imaging
Science Foundation (ISF).
480i/576i/1080i 10-bit Motion, Edge & Source-Adaptive Deinterlacer
- Five-field motion adaptive deinterlacing
- Edge adaptive processing for smooth
- Three frame video processing delay (Max)
- Game Modes with very low latency
- Sub-1 frame delay with edge adaptive
- 2 frame delay with edge and motion adaptive
Recovers the original interlaced fields from deinterlaced progressive formats
such as 480p, 576p and 1080p. The original interlaced source can then be
deinterlaced by VRS Precision Deinterlacing technology to produce a higher
quality progressive image.
Precision Video Scaling™
10-bit high definition video scaler supporting 1080p input and output
Mosquito Noise Reduction - reduces random noise which appears along
the edges of compressed images
Fine Detail Enhancement - to extract fine detail in low-resolution or
Edge Enhancement - to sharpen edges without adding any ringing
Progressive Cadence Detection™
Enables 24/48/72Hz and 25/50/75Hz output from film-based content at 480p,
576p, 720p and 1080p resolutions
Precision AV LipSync™
Intelligent digital audio delay technology to match Audio & Video timing
High-Performance Framerate Conversion
Intelligent Component Video Inputs with Automatic Video Format Routing
Automatic Chroma Upsampling Error detection & correction
- Eight HDMI 1.3 Inputs that process up to
- Analog HD Transcoding and 3D Comb Filter
- Flexible Input and Output Aspect Ratio
- Full-frame Timebase Correction
- Flexible Digital and Analog Audio switching
and routing - 8 HDMI 1.3 audio/video inputs, 6 assignable audio inputs (4
digital, 1 analog) with 2 HDMI 1.3 audio/video output, 1 HDMI 1.3 audio
output and 2 active digital audio outputs.
- Serial Automation Port
- Two 12V triggers
- Color Gamut with White point adjustment for
accurate color reproduction in displays
- 11-point Grayscale controls to calibrate
display gray levels over the full signal range
Input Aspect Ratio Controls
- 4:3 full frame, 4:3 letterbox, Panorama,
16:9 full frame
- Flexible Horizontal and Vertical Zooming
- Overscan Adjustment per Input
- Auto, Film Bias, Video, Forced 3:2, Forced
2:2, Forced 2:2 odd, Forced 2:2 even
Input Picture Controls
- Fully programmable controls with
non-volatile memories per input
- Mosquito Noise Reduction, Fine Detail
Enhancement, Edge Enhancement, Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, Hue
- Intuitive On Screen Display and easy to
read 2 line, 20 character Front Panel Display
- Front Panel Controls, including IR Remote
Control (discrete codes available), Automation via RS232 port
- Automatic Detection of Preferred Output
formats from display
- Manual override including 1080p60 and
- 35 Built-in test patterns
- Software Upgradeable via USB port
- Universal AC mains input: 100 - 240 VAC @
50 - 60 Hz
- Consumption < 60W
- Sleep mode - automatic 30 second timeout
indicated by power indicator color change off
- 10.4"x17"x2.2" (26.3cmx43.4cmx5.5cm) with
- 10.4"x17"x1.8" (26.3cmx43.4cmx4.6cm)
- Standard 19" 1U 1.75" Rackmount kit
- Shipping - 12.2 lb
- Unit without Power Supply - 6.6 lb (3.0 kg)
15 Video Inputs
- 3 Composite
- 1 S-Video(NTSC/PAL/SECAM)
- 2 Component
(YPbPr or RGB/S) processes 480i/p-60, 576i/p-50, 720p-50/60, 1080i-50/60,
- 1 PC input (VGA connector)
- 8 HDMI 1.3 (RGB or YCbCr) processes 480i/p-60, 576i/p-50, 720p-50/60,
1080i-24/25/50/60, 1080p-50/60, VGA-SXGA@60Hz
14 Audio Inputs
- 8 HDMI 1.3
- 1 Assignable Coaxial Digital
- 3 Assignable Optical Digital
- 2 Assignable Analog Pair (L/R)
- 1 HDMI Audio
- 1 Coaxial Digital
- 1 Optical Digital
Video Output Resolution
- Auto Detection of display's preferred output format
- Digital Television Standards 480p (720x480), 576p (720x576), 720p (1280x720),
1080i (1920x1080), 1080p (1920x1080), 1080p-24 (1920x1080@24Hz)
- PC Standards VGA (640x480), SVGA (800x600), XGA (1024x768), SXGA (1280x1024)
A review of the Duo by Tom Huffman (ISF Calibrator, author of ChromaPure
software) can be found here (coming soon).
For reviews/testimonials of ChromaPure calibration software & packages, see our
ChromaPure order page.
Why buy from CurtPalme.com?
CurtPalme.com are calibration experts and authors of the popular
free calibration guide:
Grayscale & Color
Calibration for Dummies. we live and breathe calibration. No matter what
your needs we can assist in choosing what's right for you. We offer products for
the budget DIY'er all the way up to the seasoned professional, all at CurtPalme.com
Grayscale & Color Calibration for Dummies
DVDO iScan Duo forum thread
ChromaPure Discussion/Support Forum
FAQ: Which meter
is right for me?
Science: About Meter Accuracy
Video Calibration Myths
Questions, comments or feedback should be directed to