Practical Guide to Home Theater
Our price: $19 USD
Payment methods include PayPal
and all major credit cards
(PayPal account not needed to pay by credit card).
Our payment processor will automatically convert the amount
to your local currency.
This product is a
digital download available for immediate access upon payment. No
A practical guide to home theater sound isolation, written for the everyday
home theater enthusiast.
Proper sound isolation (not to be confused with
acoustics) helps ensure that other noises in
the house are not heard in the home theater, and
that the home theater is not heard in the rest of
This guide will show you how to:
- Not have have to keep turning the volume up because you can hear the
furnace, dishwasher, footsteps above, or people talking outside the theater.
- Keep home theater noise out of the rest of the house, allowing you to play movies without disturbing others
(like sleeping kids) and without
having to turn the volume up and down constantly.
Proper sound isolution is often overlooked in the construction of
This comprehensive 94 page answers questions such as:
- Does the kind of door you have matter?
- Do ceilings and flooring above (or below) your theater impact sound isolation?
- How do I stagger studs?
- How do I dampen the room?
- How does decoupling impact sound isolation?
- What is the most important element of sound isolation?
- What are the most cost effective treatments?
- How do I build a basement home theater and isolate it from the floors
- How do I build a home theater on the second floor and isolate it from the
- How do I remove furnace and air conditioning noise from the home
All of the critical topics of sound isolation are covered, written in a
conversational tone without any complex math. Here is the lesson list, from the
Table of Contents:
Lesson One: The Fundamentals of Sound
Lesson Two: Sound Isolation Fundamentals
Lesson Three: The Core Six Techniques
Lesson Four: Construction Techniques
Lesson Five: Suggested Implementations
Lesson Six: Sound Isolation Gallery
Free bonus: Two Part Audio Interview with Ted White, founder of
Soundproofing Company Inc.
Is sound isolation not already covered in
The Home Theater Course?
The Home Theater Course has a 17 page overview of sound isolation but does
not give you the level of detail that this 94 page guide does. Think of
this guide as an add-on.
Is this guide filled with math?
No. The goal was to discuss these issues with as
little math and physics as possible. There are plenty of well-researched
and extensive sources for the science, the physics, and the math of
If I’m a Sound Isolation Pro will I like this guide?
Probably not. This guide is not written like a textbook and it is not filled
with science. It is written for the everyday home theater enthusiast, it is not
written for an sound isolation or industry pro.
Will I get my download right away?
Yes, the system is automated, so 24 hours a day 7 days a week, you can order
and login to download.
Will anything be shipped to me?
No, this is an all digital offering, there will be no physical product
Can I print this out at home?
Yes, if you prefer to have something printed, feel free to do so.
See the official
Questions, comments or feedback should be directed to: