Ultimate Guide to Designing and
Building Your Dream Home Theater
Bonus: Includes expert
audio/video interviews for free
Our price: $44.10 USD
Make sure to use
coupon code 'CURTPALME'
Payment methods include PayPal
and all major credit cards
(PayPal account not needed to pay by credit card).
Our payment processor will automatically convert the amount
to your local currency.
This product is a
digital download available for immediate access upon payment. No
Learn how to design and build your dream home theater. Over 800 construction
photos and hours of videos and audio interviews available.
The Home Theater course chronicles the building of
home theaters from start to end including design,
construction, electrical, HVAC, finishing, and more.
The fundamentals of building a dedicated home theater
are taught by walking you through the process from
concept to completion.
This course was created for those people who fall into one or more of these
- Want to design or build a home
- Are going to contract out the
theater construction and want to know what to watch for.
- Want to learn from the
experience of other home theater owners, including pitfalls and lessons
- Love home theater and want to see what
others have done, including seeing hundreds of home theater construction
The course is split into 25 lessons:
- Lesson One: Getting Started
- Lesson Two: Your Audio and Video Options
- Lesson Three: Your Screen and Seating Options
- Lesson Four: Soundproofing and Acoustics
- Lesson Five: Designing Your Theater
- Lesson Six: Prior To Construction
- Lesson Seven: Theater Wall Framing
- Lesson Eight: Theater Ceiling and Soffit Framing
- Lesson Nine: Home Theater Stages
- Lesson Ten: Home Theater Proscenium
- Lesson Eleven: Home Theater Risers
- Lesson Twelve: Hush Boxes, Equipment Racks and Rooms
- Lesson Thirteen: Concessions and Snack Bars
- Lesson Fourteen: Heating and Cooling Your Theater
- Lesson Fifteen: 120 Volt and Low Voltage in Your Theater
- Lesson Sixteen: Lighting and Control Systems
- Lesson Seventeen: Wiring Your Electronics
- Lesson Eighteen: Insulation and
- Lesson Nineteen: Sound Treatments and Wall Fabric
- Lesson Twenty: Painting Your Theater
- Lesson Twenty-One: Carpeting Your Theater
- Lesson Twenty-Two: Columns and Moulding
- Lesson Twenty-Three: Home Theater Seating
- Lesson Twenty-Four: Equipment and Speaker Installation
- Lesson Twenty-Five: Opening Night!
Expert Videos Package
Hours of videos are also now included. See
the evolution of home theaters from start to finish and watch interviews with
some of the leading experts and authorities in the field of home theater. Learn
directly from the experts as they share knowledge and insight with you.
- Bryan Pape, Industry Expert: Home Theater Acoustics
- Bryan Pape of
GIK Acoustics is an Acoustical
Engineer and one of the leading experts on the issue of designing home
theater acoustic solutions. He is sought out for his wisdom and ability to take
the complex issue of acoustics and discuss it in language that everyone can
understand. In his videos, Bryan walks through the fundamentals of home
theater acoustics, and discusses how home theater builders can properly design
- Curt Fluegel, Industry Expert: Home Theater Design
- Curt Fluegel is the owner of the CF Theater.
His passion for home theater led him into the industry and to create one of the
most amazing theaters you will ever see. In his videos, Curt shares his
thoughts on home theater design and home automation.
- Ken Whitcomb, Industry Expert: Video Calibration
- Ken Whitcomb of Calibrations Inc. is known by many as the leading video calibrations expert in the
industry. He has worked on theaters ranging from the largest and most famous to
the smallest. Ken discusses the basics of video calibration,
shows some screen examples, and takes us inside Art Sonneborn's famous theater to show
us his calibration process.
- Mark Seaton, Industry Expert: Audio and Loudspeakers
- Mark Seaton is known in the industry as one of the leading authorities on
audio, calibration, and loudspeaker design. As the founder and creator of
Sound, his products are used in some of the best home theaters. In his three
videos, Mark discusses audio calibration, speaker placement, subwoofer design
and implementation and more.
- Evolution Video: Building The Blazing Ridge Cinema home theater
- Evolution Video: Building the Cinema Murray home theater
- Evolution Video: Building the Prairie Home Cinema home theater
New expert videos are added periodically so check back
often. As a paid member you will have access to all new videos as they are
Audio Interviews /
Included with all packages are additional PDF documents and hours of audio interviews
with home theater experts. Includes:
- Shawn Byrne: Theater Designer and
Calibrations Expert of Cinema Forte
- The fundamental issues
surrounding room design and how that impacts the final audio performance of
the home theater. (58 minutes)
- Jeff Parkinson: Expert Home Theater
Contractor and Builder - BigMouthInDC on AVSForum
- Home theater projects including common mistakes people make when
they design and build their own theaters. Jeff offers tips and suggestions
for home theater owners. (22 minutes)
- Kal Wallner: Author and Video
Calibration Professional of
Information on video calibration from why calibration is important to common
tools used to perform calibration. Kal talks about best practices
for video calibration. (24 minutes)
- Mark Techer: CinemaScope Home Theater
Expert of CAVX
- CinemaScope in the home theater. From the basics of what CinemaScope
is, to the equipment needed for a CinemaScope theater and suggestions for
designing a room with the wide screen in mind.
- Ted White: Home Theater Soundproofing
SoundproofingCompany Inc. -
Soundproofing concepts and soundproofing a home theater. Ted discusses
everything from the fundamentals of soundproofing to specific construction
techniques for the home theater environment, to some common mistakes and his
tips and suggestions for the best soundproofing of a home theater.
- Ethan Winer: Audio and Acoustics Expert
of RealTraps - Audio and Acoustics
in the home theater. Ethan discusses concepts starting with the fundamentals
of audio and acoustics themselves to room reflections and room modes, bass
in the home theater, bass traps, and much more.
New interviews are added periodically so check back
See the official
Questions, comments or feedback should be directed to: