Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Panasonic PT M 1083

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yener333

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Panasonic PT M 1083 Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hello,

Iīm new Member i want to say hello.My english is not good,sorry.But i hope you understand me.

I have i Panasonic PT M 1083 and i want to get some information about it.

1-
who have a Panasonic PT M 1083 or know this beamer ?

2-
i want to center the raster and i must go upper with the raster,when i use the remote control i adjust the cad value to minimum and this is not enough.I have to go more upper.
Can you tell how i get the raster alitle bit upper ?

3-
It is possible to mod this CRT ? EMF Mod ? or else ?

4-
I have HD 6 lenses on it,not the original i think.Normaly i believe they are HD 144 with color corretion.How big are the different between this lenses ?

5-
I need some parts,can you tell me were i get parts like the celling mount ot other parts ?

Thanks from Germany,Cologne

Yener
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Yener!

Don't worry - your English is better than that of some of the so-called English speakers here... Smile

I don't know much about this rare projector, but there's a section on the main site that deals with it that pretty much summarizes everything anyone has ever said about it with some tricks, tips, manuals, etc.

See: http://www.curtpalme.com/Panasonic108x.shtm

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
yener333

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Kal,

Thanks for quickly answer.I read the Manuals and tipps a few days ago.
I need more Information,Tips,Mods Smile

I hope another guy know more abot these rare crt beamer.

Thanks,Yener
cbe317

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Yener,

I got your PM. I will answer your questions here. So it can help others.

Quote:
who have a Panasonic PT M 1083 or know this beamer ?

I had the PT-M1085u. It was the 1083's big brother.

Quote:
i want to center the raster and i must go upper with the raster,when i use the remote control i adjust the cad value to minimum and this is not enough.I have to go more upper.
Can you tell how i get the raster alitle bit upper ?

Not sure what you mean here. What is CAD value? Are you wanting to move the green raster up? Or make it larger? Please explain a little more. Very Happy

Quote:
It is possible to mod this CRT ? EMF Mod ? or else ?

Maybe, I don't know if the 1083 is eligible for the fan mod. Do the fans increase speed with brighter scenes? What is EMF mod?

Quote:
I have HD 6 lenses on it,not the original i think.Normaly i believe they are HD 144 with color corretion.How big are the different between this lenses ?

No. I'm pretty sure HD6's were standard with the 1083. HD145C's only came on the 1085, as far as I know. Some say that the 144/145's have better focus over the HD6's. So it's not just about the color correction. I now have my 145's on my 6pg. Much improved over the stock HD6's.

Quote:
I need some parts,can you tell me were i get parts like the celling mount ot other parts ?

Well, there are mounts still available new.
see here: http://www.premiermounts.com/product.asp?partId=601&productId=974&source=XREF $300US! ouch
I made mine out of unistrut.
What other parts do you need? I have a whole box of parts now. let me know the Panasonic Part#, and I will see if I have it.

Glad to be of help,

Chris
kschmit2

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is no EMF mod.

It would require new tubes.

HD6 lenses should be enough for that ESF PJ from a resolution point-of-view.
Color-filtered HD-144 or HD-145 lenses may be preferred though, but at the cost of light output. The resolution gain should not translate into a worthwhile improvement on an ESF PJ.
yener333

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Whow,thanks for this information.thank you for your help. Thumbs Up

I want to get the raster higher...i have found the Adjustment on the board they called V.BIAS.I have adjust the raster in the Vertikal middle now.
I need now the adjustment for the horizontal centering.

With cad value i mean the number on the screen when you adjust anything....minimum...1...2...3....128....129...130...maximum.

I make a fanmod with PAPST fans in a few weeks.I have one fan here to try but is a little bit too small.They donīt have power enough and the Projektor give en error E4 because i think the little fan ist too slow and the electrik donīt detectet it as a running fan.no problem i must wait 2 weeks.

--------------------------------------

I want to know how i can make color correction ? with ink or filter gelatine like ROSCO FILM FILTER or LEE FILM FILTERS ? or is not required to make correction ?

I want to know haw a dsitance the Astig rings have to other parts on the tube like the neckboard or the coil.My red astig ring was 5 mm nearer to the coil ( 5 mm away from neckboard ) as the other one.

is it possible that i have a better picture when i remove the metallcover from the boards between the tubes because they are to near to the tubes ?

---------------------
I need the ring of the lens...the first plastik ring who holds the first plastik lens.
The ring are fixed with 3 little screws.
I need the...i donīīt know how this part called,i donīt know how i tell yoeu but i try...i need the metalarm who fixed the cover when you open the cover.The metalarm is in the corner an its moveble.

Greetz from Germany

Yener Thumbs Up
yener333

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again,

i now is a double posting but iīm happy ti find somebody who helps me Very Happy

@ Chris
Thank for your help.The mount is to expensive,but thanks for watchin.

Can you tell me how parts you have,perhaps i buy something when its interesant.

Can you tell me your brightnes and contrast adjustment ? i try for the best adjustment and i want to know were is the limit.My adjustment of bright is 120 and contrast is 30 - 50 sometimes contrast min.
Can you tell me your white balance adjustment for example ?

thanks a lot

Yener
JaniH

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yener333 wrote:
I want to get the raster higher...i have found the Adjustment on the board they called V.BIAS.I have adjust the raster in the Vertikal middle now.
I need now the adjustment for the horizontal centering.
There isn't any adjustment pots for horizontal centering, just the electronic adjustment done with the remote (raster centering). And to center the image within the raster, there's the rgb centering function also in the remote.

Quote:
I make a fanmod with PAPST fans in a few weeks.I have one fan here to try but is a little bit too small.They donīt have power enough and the Projektor give en error E4 because i think the little fan ist too slow and the electrik donīt detectet it as a running fan.no problem i must wait 2 weeks.
It gives the error code because the sensor signal the Papst fans output isn't compatible with the one the original Panaflo fans use. You can bypass this by connecting the sensor wire GOING TO THE PROJECTOR to GROUND.

Quote:
I want to know haw a dsitance the Astig rings have to other parts on the tube like the neckboard or the coil.My red astig ring was 5 mm nearer to the coil ( 5 mm away from neckboard ) as the other one.
This isn't a problem. The position of the ring package doesn't make that big of an impact on the picture, and even after careful adjustment it's likely that the rings are located at different distances in each tube. If your astig looks fine, don't worry about it.

Quote:
I need the...i donīīt know how this part called,i donīt know how i tell yoeu but i try...i need the metalarm who fixed the cover when you open the cover.The metalarm is in the corner an its moveble.
You're better off without it because it blocks one of the fans quite effectively. Just use something else the hold the lid up (piece of wood, arm of a brush, wife, ...).

Regarding modifications, some serious cooling mods can be done (as I did). Also it's possible to swap some capacitors on the signal path to better ones but this didn't make that big of a difference in the unit I modded.
yener333

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello JaniH,

thanks for your answer.I have ground the fanspeedsenso and i hope the fan donīt stop and damage the Projektor.Itīs a little bit risk without fanspeedsensor.

What do you think about the metall cover of the boards which is between the tubes ? I remove once of them because the screw of the tube to move the tube left and right are too tighten and a have must to use a gripper\pincer to losen the screw.
So i remove the cover and the boards to loose the screw.
I think i have a better picture.it can be that i have a better picture because i have made i better mechanic konvergenz.I dont know.

Yener
cbe317

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Yener,

I have a complete projector, minus tubes and the RGB input board. Every part in that projector has a part #. Find what you need and PM me.

You should be fine with the fan mod. Do not worry.

As JaniH said, the astig rings are going to be different for each tube. Since this is an ES set, and due to it's age the tubes are probably not going to give you a super sharp image. But a good one nonetheless.

Make sure you screw the cover back down tightly when you are done adjusting inside the PJ. If you don't the case will flex with heat, and throw off your convergence.

Again, glad to help.

Chris

Edit: I missed your question about brightness and contrast. I left my brightness at the default 128 out of 256. The default setting for contrast on my 1085 was 190 out of 256. I usually had the contrast around 140-150
kschmit2

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't remove the metal shielding ("metallcover"). They wouldn't put it in there just for fun.
yener333

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I connectet myxbox 360 with the optional HD-DVD Player and my Panasonic PT 1083.I use the VGA-HD cable and i have a really good picture.King Kong HD DV is very cool...i never seen like that.

When i use a full hd signal i have a flicker in the picture.The picture pump,a little bit darker and than brighter.The flicker is not strong,but i can see it.
Is full hd dangerous for my PJ ?

I have turn the subbright-poti at minimum position and the subbright-poti in the middle position.I use kontrast 60-120 (90 is enough )and brightness 90-140 (125 is enough )...
Can youl look at your subcontrast and subbright-poti only for example ?

Onetimes i look a film and use the pause mode....dark picture with white words ( end of film) ...i saw that the picture moves a little bit down ,5 mm in a second.Is this a sync\frequenz problem ?

Thanks,

Yener
cbe317

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yener333 wrote:

When i use a full hd signal i have a flicker in the picture.The picture pump,a little bit darker and than brighter.The flicker is not strong,but i can see it.
Is full hd dangerous for my PJ ?

Do you mean 1080p Shocked

The 1083 doesn't really have enough bandwidth to do it. So the picture will be SOFT. Heat will probably become an issue as well. If you have modded the fan circuit for quiet operation, it might get too hot at 1080p. This might have something to do with the flicker you see.

So, yes you COULD damage the PJ at 1080p.
I would dial that thing in at 1080i and leave it. My 1085 looked phenomenal at 1080i.

C.
yener333

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

yes i mean 1080p...

i use the original microsoft vga cable i canīt use inerlaced,progressiv only.the second high resolution is 1300 x 700P and it looks great.i only want to see how 1080p looks.

I have a fan mod and its really quit.which temperatur are normal for this PJ? tube temp. ? cooling body temp. ?

are there big temp. different between table projektion and ceiling projektion ?

Thanks for help,

Yener
kschmit2

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have to check temperatures of individual components inside the PJ, and not exhaust temperatures when you changed the fan-speed, and thus the air-flow in the PJ.
cbe317

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, what Kschmidt said is what I was referring to.

By running at 1080p you are stressing certain components inside the PJ. Those can overheat very fast. Especially if you have slowed the fan circuit. Might not have that much of an effect on overall temp.

The rated bandwidth for the 1083u is 75mhz. 1080p @60hz requires over 120mhz(I think). Probably more.

Thats pushing the electronics pretty hard. I wouldn't run it for very long at 1080p Sad

It's an ES focus PJ, it really wasn't designed for that high a resolution.
You will find that 1080i is best res for that PJ. 720p is good too. But I found that with the 1085u, it was much easier to maximize the image in the raster at 1080i. Effectively using more of the tube face. Made for better light output. Thumbs Up

But since Microsoft won't allow 1080i out of the 360, dial it in at 720p(or 1300x700p).

C.
yener333

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Can you tell me how i can turn on\off the AKB ( AutoKathodeBalance ) ?

Greets from Germany
Yener
cbe317

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't recall an option to disable AKB with my 1085u.

I just browsed the service manual, and it makes no mention of a way too disable it either. There could be a way, but I don't know it.

Sorry I couldn't help. Sad

C.
yener333

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

i think i have found a way to shutt off the AKB.You can try if you want.

There going 2 white cable away from any tube to the boards.You must pu off the small white cable from the board ( the board is the board where you can adjust the sub bright or sub contrast )

Now you can adjust the G2 or Bias so that you have a good white balance.By my CRT was the blue tube to bright.I also have i blue picture afte i put off the white cable.I screw the blue g2 down so that i have a good white balance and put the cable on.

I have now a better picture quality.Try it and post your results.
yener333

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I am still using my Panasonic PT-M1083...since 10 years,1080I or 1080P,without damage:-)
I bought it with over 1.000 hours and now i have 5500 hours...Test,Cut-Off,1,5,6,5,Status and you can check your runtime.

I have that (70) lens spacers, green spacer 5,2 mm thickness at all corners...Red left upper/lower corners 5,7mm
Red right upper/lower corner 5,2 mm thickness...blue left upper/lower corners 5,2mm and Blue right upper/lower corner have 5,2 mm thicknes.

Would be happy if someone can post the other spacer thicknesses.

Greets

Yener
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: