Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

WTB NEC 9PG+ Tubes & Lenses / Parts

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
linux2

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:50 am    Post subject: WTB NEC 9PG+ Tubes & Lenses / Parts Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Does anyone happen to have any NEC 9PG+ tubes and lenses? My tubes have about 6K hours on them (lenses + chassis the same) and it's really starting to show. The tubes are getting some burn in and the focus and color around the edges is getting all messed up. I really like my NEC and I would like to get some newer tubes and lenses. Possibly if anyone has a parts NEC 9PG+ that would be cool as well. I could swap over some parts and have one good working unit (as I think the neck board for the blue is having issues, but I can't be sure).

Let me know if anyone has anything. I'm near boston and will drive quite a ways if someone has something for the right price Very Happy

Thanks!

Last edited by linux2 on Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Tim in Phoenix

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

Put WTB in front of your title, it will make your post more effective, otherwise it looks like you are selling.

linux2

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh of course. Thanks for that Tim. It's too late for me here. I should be sleeping instead of fiddling with my CRT projector Smile
gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you want to buy lenses, they are not getting old Smile
View user's photo album (1 photos)
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have at least one perfect set of tubes (the red is brand new in the box) for $300 for the set plus probably $50 in shipping in original NEC boxes.
linux2

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Curt,

That is very tempting, but I just managed to pick up an Electrohome Marquee 8000 with only 450 hours on the whole unit for only $100. I am still tempted to grab those tubes, but I have to figure out what is wrong with my NEC. My NEC compared to my electrohome really has a terrible picture. The Electrohome is about 5 times brighter it seems and is nice and sharp in the corners. I think there must be something else wrong with my NEC that I don't know about. I did mention in another forum post that it seems to click every once and a while. I know once the whole image flickered and I saw a spark on the back of the blue tube. Clearly not a good sign. I also noticed then when I put the contrast or brightness above 50 nothing really changes. Perhaps the problem lies in my power supply? Maybe you con provide some insight. I did the full hardware convergence on your site at least 4 times now just to be sure I got everything right and I'm sure I did. Also the astigmatism I could never get quite right. It was either the corners were correct or the center was. I'm lost. Any input is appreciated. Maybe you have a power supply as well or other parts that might correct the problem?

Thanks again!

P.S. I still need an ECP 4100 LVPS if you have one. It's a 1994 ECP 4100. 5+v light on the back of the unit is out so I would think that should fix it.
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

linux2 wrote:
Hi Curt,

That is very tempting, but I just managed to pick up an Electrohome Marquee 8000 with only 450 hours on the whole unit for only $100. I am still tempted to grab those tubes, but I have to figure out what is wrong with my NEC. My NEC compared to my electrohome really has a terrible picture. The Electrohome is about 5 times brighter it seems and is nice and sharp in the corners.
take the HD-145 filtered lenses from the NEC and put them on the marquee Thumbs Up

PAW Prod. 8110.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  59 KB
 Viewed:  5175 Time(s)

PAW Prod. 8110.JPG

View user's photo album (2 photos)
gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linux2, It is very interesting what you wrote, because I have a PG xtra and I had a marquee7500, and I personally did not find the 7500 way much better... (in the NEC there is 3600hrs in the marquee was ~5700) Above 720p the marquee was slightly shaprer, but under 720p it was unnoticable for me (with stock HD-8s). the marquee has better contrast. The most interesting is that I found my PG xtra brighter than that marquee. If you turn up the contrast on a marquee the spot size is getting bigger and bigger, and you cannot refocus well is the picture is very bright, but on a NEC if you turn up everything it is just as sharp as at low brightness.
View user's photo album (1 photos)
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gjaky wrote:
Linux2, It is very interesting what you wrote, because I have a PG xtra and I had a marquee7500, and I personally did not find the 7500 way much better... (in the NEC there is 3600hrs in the marquee was ~5700) Above 720p the marquee was slightly shaprer, but under 720p it was unnoticable for me (with stock HD-8s). the marquee has better contrast. The most interesting is that I found my PG xtra brighter than that marquee.

If you turn up the contrast on a marquee the spot size is getting bigger and bigger, and you cannot refocus well is the picture is very bright, but on a NEC if you turn up everything it is just as sharp as at low brightness.

That's when you need frankenyokes

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: