Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Scammer # 38521

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:27 pm    Post subject: Scammer # 38521 Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hello
With regarding you and your company,Am Charles James And I will like to know weather you do carry marquee in stock available for sale,for me to make a purchase of it. If yes i will appreciate alot cool let me know the size and the types as well as the prices arrange you have in your inventory plux sales tax Excluding Shipping & Handling Because it will be Picked Up and Shipped international to West Africa (Accra-Ghana) Do you accept credit card as a method of payment and what term?
Thank You.

--- On Sun, 4/11/10, Curt Palme <curtpalme@shawbiz.ca> wrote:

Subject: RE: order
To: "'Charles James'" <charlesjam19@yahoo.com>
Date: Sunday, April 11, 2010, 3:41 AM
Yes, they are $10,000.00

i will like to order one of the marquee.i am Very Greatful to receive your mail ,I want you to go ahead with this tank for me But i just want you to go ahead the Quote and please , As i said the earlier on that , I will like the marquee to be shipped to Where its Needed and Thus WEST-AFRICA (MALI) to be Precise. I will like you to Please try and Send them a Mail containing the Total Weight , Size and Dimension of the Product and Ask them for the Pick up and the Shipping Quote from the Pick up Location to where the Product is Needed Above

Shipping To Address :--
200 nima highway.
nima-sikasso
mali
W/A.

I have Already Talked to them on this Pick up and Shipping Arrangement and i will be much Glad if you send them the Information required and Ask them for the Pick up and the Shipping Quote back for me to proceed to Paying for the Total Cost of the Whole Purchase Plux Pick up and Shipping Quote . Shipping and Pick Up Company's Information Below,

Name of Shipping Company :-- Umar Freight Co.
Shipping Company Contact Name :-- Mr. Umar L awan
Shipping Contact E-mail Address :-- umarshipping1@yahoo.com
Shipping Company Fax Number :-- 1-503-301-8210

Do hope to hear back from you with the Estimated Quote from the Shipping company plux the Product Cost for me to proceed to Paying my Order with My Valid Credit Card Numbers . Thanks.

Mr. Umar L awan
The Office Manager
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To which I replied:

I cannot take credit cards, but a check or money order is fine.

Hahahahah! Surely a well equipped scammer can send a money order? Smile
David_Web

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at least they provide (nearly) free entertainment.

The bad writing gives me a headache though.

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

those africans are funny indeed.
i once had a similair experience with 1 from nigeria when i had a cd-player from philips for sale.
he told me it was for his son in nigeria and he was a businessman currently in germany.
he asked me to ship it and later he would pay me twice the amount i asked.
i said i didnt do that afer which he told me he wanted to pay thru western-union.
later i got a link to a "western-union" site that said they transferred money to me.
the site was so badly setup and it had at least 10 grammatical and spelling errors in it.
i replied that i didnt mind selling to a fraud and would ship the cd-player after i would have received my money by international money transfer, i even pointed out that the site from wu wasnt that credible and that he should look after that if he wanted to make a living out of scamming people.
needless to say i didnt hear back from him.

dennis

Chuchuf

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
To which I replied:

I cannot take credit cards, but a check or money order is fine.

Hahahahah! Surely a well equipped scammer can send a money order? Smile

Had a guy once that I told NOT to send the cashiers check he said he would send (it was the old I have this cashiers check for $10K I'll send you, you western union the difference to me (him) and I'll have someone come by to pick up the merchandise) and he sent it anyway even after I called him a scammer. I was about to throw it in the trash (it wasn't even that good) and wife decided to call the bank it was from. She found out that this joker had gotten quite a few folks with his scam......

Terry
incova

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:09 am    Post subject: Nigerian embassies steal visa fees Reply with quote

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5513482-146/nigerian_embassies_steal_visa_fees_says.csp

there comes a point where you have to lock the whole country up.

Tim in Phoenix

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys!

How about the ads for hiring you as a Mystery Shopper, and they tell you they are sending a check for $500 so you can go buy stuff, but the bogus check is for $1000 and Oops! can you wire half of that back..........?
dturco

TV/Projector: Runco DLP VX-3000i Marquee 9500 parts doner

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim in Phoenix wrote:
Guys!

How about the ads for hiring you as a Mystery Shopper, and they tell you they are sending a check for $500 so you can go buy stuff, but the bogus check is for $1000 and Oops! can you wire half of that back..........?

That's one I haven't heard before.

Man oh man it just never stops does it?

http://www.hulu.com/firefly
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy emailed all ~50 or so @curtpalme.com email addresses with the same message. Wink

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
huggy

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched a documentary once were they showing a certain town where a majority of it's economy was driven directly or inderectly by scammers,hence the reluctantcy of it's citizens to assist police in their efforts to stamp out such activities in the area.
It's sad when a whole community is behind these bastards,kinda doesn't say much about the upcoming generation does it?
Geez I'd hate to be an honest bussiness in Nigeria trying to expand internationaly Shocked

Dave
JustGreg

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nigeria has honest businesses??? Huh. Who woulda thunk. Laughing

"Is it ignorance or apathy? Hey, I don't know and I don't care!" --Jimmy Buffett
huggy

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustGreg wrote:
Nigeria has honest businesses??? Huh. Who woulda thunk. Laughing

Dunno,surely the whole country can't be corrupt,they do have some great footballers.

Dave
perisoft

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've often wondered if it might be possible to scam the scammers back... saying you need them to wire you 50 bucks as a sign of good faith before you send them more, or something. One would assume that they, being scammers, wouldn't fall for it themselves - but one also shouldn't underestimate greed...

The other question is whether it's legal to defraud nigerian fraudsters. Of course, it might be hard to find a jury that would convict...

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guy never responded after I told him I wanted a money order. Too bad, I wanted him to lose the MO charges and the cost to send the check to me.
David_Web

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just LOVE this one.
http://www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/index.html
Awesome work and awesome reading.

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If nobody ever fell for this crap it would just go away.. so in reality one should blame the dip shits that keep it alive by believing
virusc

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know of this scamming the scammer? It was a guy that sent a box full of junk and 2 broken laptops to a nigerian scammer who claimed it was for a church I think. The pallet of junk was rerouted to England where a nigerian national picked up the box and they had photos of the whole thing. Very funny. He managed to scam the scammer twice! and the scammer paid for a 2nd box full of junk. Also all the emails and photos were posted at the site. Anyone know of this or the website? I would love to read it again.
dvh99

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha that was so extremely funny, i hope to meet another scammer soon and play some tricks.

David_Web wrote:
I just LOVE this one.
http://www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/index.html
Awesome work and awesome reading.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: