Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Wow Vista is slow!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:39 am    Post subject: Wow Vista is slow! Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Most of you know I’m a big Vista fan but this happened to me tonight while I was copying the latest PDVD patch from my laptop to my HTPC on wireless network, and I could not resist posting it. That's 132 years to copy a 100 mb file!

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a link to more than you ever wanted to know about vista.

http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/pubs/vista_cost.html
Spanky Ham

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good one, Mike!

I am not sure if I will ever use Vista. I have to have XP on my laptop for work and my desktop uses either XP or PC-BSD. I have been using PC-BSD more and more on the desktop. Except for a few issues, I have been satisfied with it as a general computing and internet surfing OS. The best part is it is a hell of a lot more stable and secure than XP. Well, more secure as I have never had many stability issues with XP.
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy with Vista its very hardware demanding, if you get a laptop with Vista make sure its a 7200 RPM drive, makes a huge difference.

BTW the slooooow copy just turned out to just be a bad download. Its funny it would even display something so silly.

Off to watch "I am Legend" and see I screwed up PowerDVD with this upgrade.

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I's it April 1st yet ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: