Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Sony offers Swiss HD DVD Exchange Program

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Source Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Sony offers Swiss HD DVD Exchange Program Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Its nice that Sony feels kind to the Swiss. I mean, obviously they make up a considerable percentage of Sony's market, right?

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&u=http://www.sony.ch/view/ShowArticle.action%3Farticle%3D1203501622668

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to return your HD DVD player to them, AND pay 200 Swiss Franks.
The 6 free movies (Spider-man Trilogy and Pirates of the Caribbean 1-3) are nothing special. ANYONE that registers their new BD players in Switzerland gets these for free.

In essence:
you pay 200 Swiss Franks
AND have to send you HD DVD player to them (they still sell for 100 Euros/157 Swiss Franks used all the time)
Effectively that's 355 Swiss Franks, or roughly $341 US

So, what do you get for your $341 US:
a Sony BD player (and the 6 movies than anyone who buys a BD player in Switzerland gets)
MYoung

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An exchange program where you pay $341 in addition to giving up your HD DVD player. Lame. I'm surprised they aren't allowing people to send in their HD DVD titles with their player and get $1 off the price of new Blu-ray versions of those titles.

Here's an idea... keep the HD DVD player and titles, pick-up dirt cheap HD DVDs, and get a PS3 for playing Blu-rays once enough exclusive Blu-ray titles that you want to watch come out.
WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not think I would consider trying to evaluate this in US$, guys. The US currancy is so pathetic I think they are changing the 'dollar' to 'peso'.

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apparently there was a translation error:

customers have to buy either a BDP-S300 (ca. 500 Swiss Franks) or a BDP-S500 (ca 1,000 Swiss Franks).

Then return their HD DVD player to receive 200 Swiss Franks from Sony, as well as the 6 BDs that anyone else gets.

So, you pay 300 Franks for the S300 or 700 Franks for the S500, any you no longer have your HD DVD player

WHAT A DEAL

NOT Smile
Franky74

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The deal is that you exchange a finished product like a EP35 with a unfinished one like the S300. I'm refereing to the fact that s300 (and s500) are NOT profile 2.0.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Source Devices All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: