Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

No picture from Moome card through PC1271 and G520P monitor

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:16 am    Post subject: No picture from Moome card through PC1271 and G520P monitor Reply with quote

I was testing this past weekend with an HD-Fury and two Moome cards ( 2005 DVI and the 2007 HDMI w/gama )

The Moome cards were installed in a Sony PC-1271 switcher and the HD-Fury is screwed onto the VGA HD-15 plug on the Input 1 of the G520P 21" CRT monitor.

I also ran a VGA cable into 'Input 2' on the Sony G520P to do A/B digital/analog.

The Source was a HTPC with HD-DVD/Bluray drive and ATi 3850 dual DVI HDCP video card.

( more details here )

The HD-Fury displayed a picture and after adjusting the monitors controls it looked pretty good.
The analog input looked normal as usual.

So I then went to the Sony PC1271 switcher with Moome cards. First I tried the 2005 DVI card. RGBHV breakout cable from the 1271 to the G520P 'input 2'

I got the computers POST screens but no windows desktop. Hmmm strange. I had this working with my previous Geforce 8600 video card no problem. Nothing with the ATI 3850 card though. Strange.

I then tried the 2007 DVi card ( also in the switcher hooked up to the CRT monitor as above ) Same effect, I get the 640x480 post screen but no desktop. All I get is a quick glimpse then the monitor says no signal.

Next test, Sony PC1271 switcher #2, this one is hooked up to the Ampro 4000G CRT projector. Again I start with the 2005 DVI card. I get a picture NO PROBLEM! Ok next the 2007 DVI card. Same thing I also get a picture no problem.

My Question: Why does the Ampro give me a picture 640 x 480 all the way to 1080P no problem and the Sony G530P CRT monitor doesn't see a signal past the 640 x 480 POST screens??

Are the signal timing's very different from the HD-Fury? Is it a combo of the ATi 3850 card with the Moome? Remember I did have a picture on the G520 with the Geforce card ( I went back to ATi to get powerstrip working again )

What is causing this oddity?

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: