Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Preventing burn in On CRT projectors

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Juvental604

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:00 am    Post subject: Preventing burn in On CRT projectors Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Well I just recently came from a digital using my pc alot to surf the net and what not. Should I be doing this at all on the CRT or what? I changed my windows colors all to black but theres a few things like the writing File, edit, view and what not when your browsing that I need to see so I have them set to the color grey. Should I set those colors to red since the red tube wares the least?

Any other tips to prevent burn in?
Zebu Fellenz

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What projecter do you have?

If you can find one get a pic orbiting card that will move the image on the tubeface to prevent burn. If you have powerstrip on your PC you can also orbit the picture this way.

Erik
View user's photo album (1 photos)
Juvental604

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a NEc Pg 6. Thanks Im gonna try powerstrip to see how it works out.
Juvental604

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im using the pic orbit and also found an extension for firefox that hides scroll bars and everything to make it true full screen. Dont think theres much to worry about now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: