Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

*.TS Capture Software

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AFryia

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: *.TS Capture Software Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I bought the FUSIONHDTV7 card.

Something is not right either card or application/drivers. Something is causing severe HTPC lockups and crashes.

If it is the application I'd probably keep the card, if it's the card, back she goes Evil or Very Mad

What other PVR applications are out there that would work with a HDTV5 or HDTV7 FUSION card and record native (*.TS).
View user's photo album (33 photos)
JustGreg

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Audio and/or video crashes are a bitch to nail down. If it happens after a fresh install of the OS then it's a lot easier to track down obviously. Conversely, a system that's been running for any length of time on an OS install has alot of trash left over from the installation and removal of programs, drivers, etc. (Unless you're in the UNIX world where everything is considered a file and once deleted is gone and doesn't affect the kernel).

If it's the software causing the crashes it's probably going to continue even if you DO get another card. Even if you uninstall the drivers there may be registry entries or codec remnants left behind that COULD continue to cause you grief. If using XP, I would remove the card, uninstall any dashboard control programs, and roll back to a saved instance date when everything was working right. Make sure it's stable before trying another card.

The very first thing I'd do if it were me would be to contact tech support for the card manuf.. It's possible there's a beta driver or tech bulletin to fix the problem.
If you're 'puter savvy you can always run msconfig and de-select drivers and such to see if you can narrow it down. It could just be a crappy driver that expects to reside in a specific memory location and is banging heads with another application or system function. Kinda like two fat men trying to get through a doorway at the same time...except nowhere near as comical.

Just my $0.02 dredged from a past life.

Greg

"Is it ignorance or apathy? Hey, I don't know and I don't care!" --Jimmy Buffett
AvgOrdinaryGuy

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar problem when I first installed the Fusion software with my F3Q tuner card. My fix was just what Greg suggested, I rolled back to a restore point before installation of the software. Then I installed the software the correct way, not the way Dvico directs, and it has been working fine ever since (well fine for a Dvico product, anyway). A MythTV system works much better (for me, anyway), if all you want is a HD-DVR. Not sure about HDTV7 support in Linux, but HDTV5 is fully supported, so 7 likely is too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: