Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

LG GGC-H20L Drive Problem..FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HELP!!!!!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Agent_Link_Dark wrote:
Quote:
Hello and welcome to the forum, Agent Link!
Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to go out and spend the $20 on the SATA to USB2 adaptor. It fixed most of my problems except the faulty drive that no longer read's the disks when they are put into the drive. Sometime's I have to eject and close 5 or 6 times before the drive will respond.

I'm RMA'ing it next week.

This message will self destruct in 20 seconds.

Good luck.

20...19.....18....17....16.....15.....14.....13.....12.....11......10.....9....8....7....6....5...4...3..2...

hay thanks alot
the usb give you smoth playback?

no idea when LG plans to release there fix?
[/quote]

Yep, I figured since the Xbox HD-DVD drive worked ok over USB2 this would too. It did.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lyd wrote:
AnalogRocks wrote:
the faulty drive that no longer read's the disks when they are put into the drive

Oh, hell, that's not encouraging. This thing has got to last at least several years, to continue playing my obsolescing HD-DVD's.

lyd

Yeah, but as always if there's one bad one in a bunch I'll end up with it.

CRT.

HD done right!
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeEby wrote:
lyd wrote:
AnalogRocks wrote:
the faulty drive that no longer read's the disks when they are put into the drive

Oh, hell, that's not encouraging. This thing has got to last at least several years, to continue playing my obsolescing HD-DVD's.

lyd

If AR would stop trying to load his 45RPM records it might last longer. Smile

RMA as in Return and replace or simply return and throw in the towel.

Mike

Have you seen my HTPC thread? I don't give up. I just get annoyed and spend more money on the son' bitch.

CRT.

HD done right!
Agent_Link_Dark

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well. i got a sata- usb cable and hooked it up. the cable and conversion workes fine. however i still have problems with playback Sad . it is very choppy and 2 seconds in the time line take 6 seconds. i dont believe its because i am using on board video because even normal dvd playback is the same way. the drive below it wich is a 8164b plays back smooth (on reg DVD)...... any ideas? im gonna try to put it back into my other computer and test on both the sata and the usb.
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agent_Link_Dark wrote:
well. i got a sata- usb cable and hooked it up. the cable and conversion workes fine. however i still have problems with playback Sad . it is very choppy and 2 seconds in the time line take 6 seconds. i dont believe its because i am using on board video because even normal dvd playback is the same way. the drive below it wich is a 8164b plays back smooth (on reg DVD)...... any ideas? im gonna try to put it back into my other computer and test on both the sata and the usb.

I be sure you are using the latest video and sound driver you can find. You might list your hardware and what version of Windows.

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeEby wrote:
Agent_Link_Dark wrote:

I be sure you are using the latest video and sound driver you can find. You might list your hardware and what version of Windows.

Mike

am, am, and did.

just so no one needs to look back a page.

amd 5200 x2
ASUS M2A-VM HDMI
Sound blaster Audigy 2
lg ggc-h20l
2048mb 667mHz rendition (dual chanel)
tv wonder ve
enermax eg565p 535watt
samsung 250gb HDD
xp home sp2
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agent_Link_Dark wrote:

What video card chipset and what resolution are you trying to run? I know my on board Geforce 6150 couldn't do over 1280x720 with out stuttering.

CRT.

HD done right!
Agent_Link_Dark

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the chipset is an amd 590 and its being run through the VGA at 1920x1080p60hz off the onboard x1250 (becasue the HDMI doesent do HDCP and the dvi is retarded) on a westinghouse LVM42-w2

normal dvds play at that res through my 8164b just fine and so does unprotected HD video off the hard disk. my only guess is that its some kind of software problem maby?

any type of video through the h20l f's up

i am useing power DVD 7.3 something whatever one was posted a few pages back. Neutral
lyd

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this is helpful, but I reverted to 3319a a bit ago to play a BD+ title, and since then had been noticing a bit of stuttering and audio pops on a number of discs. When I re-upgraded last night the problem went away.

Nothing on the level of the trouble you are describing, but patching to the latest version might be worth a try if you are out of other ideas.

lyd

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm i think it just might be power DVD last night my mom tryd to play a regular dvd and it started chugging even with the other drive. tryed windows MP and it played back fine. ill try what you did but otherwize i think i may just reformat when i get a videocard.
thanks.
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched Blu-ray of "Gone Baby Gone" what a twisted plot! it played flawless on the drive.

First full movie since I picked up a "new to me" pre-amp connected via the analog out on the HTPC, it sounded good. I have no idea what format it was but gun shots sounded scary great range considering a PC audio card I need to do an A/B comparison between analog and SPDIF. I looked into the audio calibration Vista has, it seems very cool but I need to get a microphone for it to work.

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many of you spent more time watching HD DVD and or Blu-ray movies than spending time installing and configuring this drive, and this includes buying, returning activities, too.

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhhhhhh.......................
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WanMan wrote:
How many of you spent more time watching HD DVD and or Blu-ray movies than spending time installing and configuring this drive, and this includes buying, returning activities, too.

My hands up. I've watched all my movies except one. I also watched a couple of rentals too.

CRT.

HD done right!
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too, lately I have been just using it as just a HD-DVD/Blu-ray player so I keep PowerDVD maximized at all times. Just pop disks in and out like a STB, I am actually amazed at how robust it is.

Mike

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: