Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

LG GGC-H20L Drive Problem..FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HELP!!!!!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I'm using a Geforce 8600 256meg but from uhh...EDIT: BFG XFX I think? The issue I, and everyone else are having is custom timings to reduce over scan.

Although, kinda related but not exactly the same thing....I have a digital temperature display and I have the temp sensor on my video card. Sometimes that jumps up to 79 C then it goes back to 49 C. Kinda funny. The first time it scared me, because it was the first time I was running 1080P for a long time. Then I noticed it jumps around. So far the video card hasn't released its magic smoke.

CRT.

HD done right!

Last edited by AnalogRocks on Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's photo album (27 photos)
joshg21

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any thoughts on the playback. I have the hddvd on my hard drive now but play back is still choppy.
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm strange. What disk did you use?

CRT.

HD done right!
joshg21

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

king kong hd dvd
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What resolution are you playing back at?

CRT.

HD done right!
joshg21

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when I was playing I did not attempt to change the resolutions thru PowerDVD. Is that what I should have done? My monitor is only 720p so that would be ideal for know. Also I was wondering if this has to do with not having a PureVideo HD driver for xp? I was hoping to get that soon so I do not need to upgrade to vista.
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm I've never heard of a Pure Video driver. Maybe it's included with the Nvidia driver's? I do remember when I first set up my Xbox 360 drive and ran Power DVD Ultra it wanted me to update my video driver with the lattest. All I had running previously was the one that came with the video card on the CD.

CRT.

HD done right!
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See this thread:

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7971&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=20

Wan man had to reset his BIOS to defaults to make the chop chop video play smooth.

CRT.

HD done right!
joshg21

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I alredy reset by bios back to the factory settings. My bios is locked down being that it is a compaq board. I do not think that i have the same access to the settings that Wan Man does.
oliverg

TV/Projector: Sony G90 X2 - Vidikron Vision 1

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just whizzed through the thread - Try updating your chipset drivers. Is your XP genuine?

If you have it in your budget, upgrade your motherboard and processor. On paper, it should be OK but based on the problems you've been having it might be prudent to try the bulk of the remainder of your PC with a new motherboard and processor. Have you switched on hardware acceleration in P/DVD?

If you havea friendly dealer, see if you can borrow a mobo/processor. Take a look here: http://www.intel.com/products/chipsets/G33/index.htm

Either that or a 965 express based chipset (tried and proven)
http://www.intel.com/products/chipsets/g965/index.htm

IMHO - anything AMD should be avoided - there is alot of speculation about the company being in serious trouble. All the current range of Intel CPUs totally outperform their AMD equivelants and the lower end Intels are now quite affordable.

Good luck

joshg21

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: It works it really works Reply with quote

I finally got this drive to work. Since I was having some playback on the drive I thought that it might be my VIA 1394 controller. I did some searching on the net and found an optional download from microsoft that stated that it was a hotfix for problems playing audio and video through the 1394 controller. So I downloaded the update and blammo: it works. Even my crappy HP board with the ATI chipset. The picture looks great and the audio is so good. I did notice one thing: I still cannot get burst rate speeds from Nero on the drive. Everytime I run it at the end it says the speeds are 0. I am going to try to USB to SATA adapter, but I also got wind that one of my friends has a SATA to PCI adapter that might work. But for now it is going to be a joint to the dome, a beer in my hand and a whole lot of HD.
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: It works it really works Reply with quote

joshg21 wrote:
But for now it is going to be a joint to the dome, a beer in my hand and a whole lot of HD.

Life is good....Enjoy! Smile

Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I HATE software! Glad you got it going. Thumbs Up

CRT.

HD done right!
jask

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good to hear!!
View user's photo album (4 photos)
lyd

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad things are working.

I may have missed something, but if the only UDF driver posted was the one AR linked, then I have an alternative. (For the next guy, or whatever.) The Adaptec one gave me problems. I used this instead. I found it in this digital-digest.com thread originally, but it is mentioned elsewhere too.

lyd

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hay guys. i have been surfing the net for help and stumbled upon you guys. i belive i have the exact same problem. im using an ASUS m2a-vm hdmi its using an ATI sata controler. and im having a hell of a time geting my drive to cooperate. i was using the drive in my gaming/workstation pc with an ASUS a8r32-mvp and i had the drive hooked up to a silicon image sata controler. it worked flawlessly.

but now in my HTPC i finaly got the drive to play but am having the sh*tty play back problem where it skips and jumps and just cant play it. power dvd is crashing sometimes to. im using the same version that analogrocks posted

also the UDF 2.5 and any other UDF driver i try still wont read the disk (havent tryed the one lyd posted, will when i get home) . shows up as 0 bytes but i did get it to play (not realy.)

any suggestions or insight into when LG is going to release there new firmware?
ill probly try the sata to usb but will it solve my problem? i just want it to play back smooth is all realy

thanks.

i could buy a controler with a silicon image controler from my work, only problem is i have no free pci slots.

specs.

M2A-VM HDMI
AMD 5200+ x2 (not the 65 watt Sad )
using onboard x1250 (soon to get a 3450)
TV wonder VE
Audigy 2
samsung 250gb HDD
LG 3164b
LG GGC-H20L
Enermax 535w

Testing with Batman begins HDDVD
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agent_Link_Dark wrote:
hay guys. i have been surfing the net for help and stumbled upon you guys. i belive i have the exact same problem. im using an ASUS m2a-vm hdmi its using an ATI sata controler. and im having a hell of a time geting my drive to cooperate. i was using the drive in my gaming/workstation pc with an ASUS a8r32-mvp and i had the drive hooked up to a silicon image sata controler. it worked flawlessly.

but now in my HTPC i finaly got the drive to play but am having the sh*tty play back problem where it skips and jumps and just cant play it. power dvd is crashing sometimes to. im using the same version that analogrocks posted

also the UDF 2.5 and any other UDF driver i try still wont read the disk (havent tryed the one lyd posted, will when i get home) . shows up as 0 bytes but i did get it to play (not realy.)

any suggestions or insight into when LG is going to release there new firmware?
ill probly try the sata to usb but will it solve my problem? i just want it to play back smooth is all realy

thanks.

i could buy a controler with a silicon image controler from my work, only problem is i have no free pci slots.

specs.

M2A-VM HDMI
AMD 5200+ x2 (not the 65 watt Sad )
using onboard x1250 (soon to get a 3450)
TV wonder VE
Audigy 2
samsung 250gb HDD
LG 3164b
LG GGC-H20L
Enermax 535w

Testing with Batman begins HDDVD

Hello and welcome to the forum, Agent Link!
Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to go out and spend the $20 on the SATA to USB2 adaptor. It fixed most of my problems except the faulty drive that no longer read's the disks when they are put into the drive. Sometime's I have to eject and close 5 or 6 times before the drive will respond.

I'm RMA'ing it next week.

This message will self destruct in 20 seconds.

Good luck.

20...19.....18....17....16.....15.....14.....13.....12.....11......10.....9....8....7....6....5...4...3..2...

CRT.

HD done right!
lyd

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnalogRocks wrote:
the faulty drive that no longer read's the disks when they are put into the drive

Oh, hell, that's not encouraging. This thing has got to last at least several years, to continue playing my obsolescing HD-DVD's.

lyd

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lyd wrote:
AnalogRocks wrote:
the faulty drive that no longer read's the disks when they are put into the drive

Oh, hell, that's not encouraging. This thing has got to last at least several years, to continue playing my obsolescing HD-DVD's.

lyd

If AR would stop trying to load his 45RPM records it might last longer. Smile

RMA as in Return and replace or simply return and throw in the towel.

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hello and welcome to the forum, Agent Link!
Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to go out and spend the $20 on the SATA to USB2 adaptor. It fixed most of my problems except the faulty drive that no longer read's the disks when they are put into the drive. Sometime's I have to eject and close 5 or 6 times before the drive will respond.

I'm RMA'ing it next week.

This message will self destruct in 20 seconds.

Good luck.

20...19.....18....17....16.....15.....14.....13.....12.....11......10.....9....8....7....6....5...4...3..2...

hay thanks alot
the usb give you smoth playback?

no idea when LG plans to release there fix?[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: