Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

 
Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

FusionHDTV7 RT Gold
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
AFryia



Joined: 09 Mar 2006
Posts: 905
Location: S.E. Michigan VPH-G70Q


PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:37 am    Post subject: FusionHDTV7 RT Gold Reply with quote


        Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Anyone have one of these yet?

How does it compare to version 5?
Back to top
View user's photo album (28 photos)
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator


Joined: 08 Mar 2006
Posts: 24971
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G


PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhhh a new card. This I'll have to look into.
_________________
Tech support for nothing

CRT.

HD done right!
Back to top
View user's photo album (27 photos)
WanMan



Joined: 19 Mar 2006
Posts: 10254



PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AR, did you ever get the LG drive working on your portable PC?
_________________
Trust no one. Absolutely no one. Advice of the board.
Back to top
emdawgz1



Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 7949



PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from the dvico website

http://www.dvico.com/news/pressReleaseContentsView.asp?ItemID=408

FusionHDTV7 RT Gold


Here comes another upgraded model named ¡°FusionHDTV7 RT Gold¡±, which is one of the 7th generation of superb Dvico¡¯s high definition ATSC TV card series. The ¡°FusionHDTV7 RT Gold¡± is designed for digital/analog terrestrial and digital cable reception within PC in compliance with the North America digital terrestrial standard ATSC as well as analog TV standard NTSC.

The PCB board color will be black from mass products.



Please see the key features as below.


1. Supports digital cable (64/ 256 QAM)/ Clear QAM.

2. Real-time clock (RT) function to support power-on-PC recording.

3. Window Vista Premium Logo certified/ Designed for Window XPTM certified.

4. Single tuner PIP (Picture-in-Picture) and Multi-view in simulcast HD environment.

5. Lowest heat emission in non operating mode for eco-system.

6. Real-time digital video recoding (DVR).

7. True HD time-shifting with FF/ REW/ Positioning.

Thank you very much.

_________________
Follow my blog
www.thesinglebrother.com
Back to top
View user's photo album (3 photos)
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator


Joined: 08 Mar 2006
Posts: 24971
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G


PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if it'll record in .TS format?

emdawgz1 wrote:
from the dvico website

http://www.dvico.com/news/pressReleaseContentsView.asp?ItemID=408

FusionHDTV7 RT Gold


Here comes another upgraded model named ¡°FusionHDTV7 RT Gold¡±, which is one of the 7th generation of superb Dvico¡¯s high definition ATSC TV card series. The ¡°FusionHDTV7 RT Gold¡± is designed for digital/analog terrestrial and digital cable reception within PC in compliance with the North America digital terrestrial standard ATSC as well as analog TV standard NTSC.

The PCB board color will be black from mass products.



Please see the key features as below.


1. Supports digital cable (64/ 256 QAM)/ Clear QAM.

2. Real-time clock (RT) function to support power-on-PC recording.

3. Window Vista Premium Logo certified/ Designed for Window XPTM certified.

4. Single tuner PIP (Picture-in-Picture) and Multi-view in simulcast HD environment.

5. Lowest heat emission in non operating mode for eco-system.

6. Real-time digital video recoding (DVR).

7. True HD time-shifting with FF/ REW/ Positioning.

Thank you very much.

_________________
Tech support for nothing

CRT.

HD done right!
Back to top
View user's photo album (27 photos)
all_american9



Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Posts: 7



PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if the FusionHDTV7 RT Gold uses LG’s 6th generation tuner? CyberEStore.com Sales <sales@cyberestore.com> emailed me stating that they have this available on the 15th of January but didn’t state what chipset it is using & the information on Dvico’s website is vague at best.
Back to top
rlobianco



Joined: 29 Jan 2008
Posts: 4



PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dvico FusionHDTV7 gold uses the Xceive XC5000 silicon tuner. It's received great reviews and from my personal test is preforms better then the 5th gen LG tuner/demodulator the previous generation Dvico gold card used. And it runs a hell of a lot cooler!

Regards,
Ralph/CyberEstore
Back to top
AFryia



Joined: 09 Mar 2006
Posts: 905
Location: S.E. Michigan VPH-G70Q


PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ralph,

I did not see a remote option for the HDTV7

Will that card work with a standard MCE2005 remote with all the features of the previous HDTV5 Gold?

You know, remote power on/off for the PC etc. or do I need to purchase the Dvico remote?

_________________
My Volt Blog
Back to top
View user's photo album (28 photos)
rlobianco



Joined: 29 Jan 2008
Posts: 4



PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, It comes with a remote and will work with the standard MCE remote with the IR tranceiver, etc.

Feature wise its the same as the previous generation FusionHDTV5 Gold card. Dvico is still working on getting the info updated on the English side of their website. But if you goto the Korean Side you can see more pictures.

Heres an image I hacked together from some pictures from their Korean side of the website but with English info I found on the web or on the box it comes in.

Back to top
jkruger



Joined: 24 Oct 2007
Posts: 2435
Location: Carlsbad, CA


PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will it work with an Athlon 64 based system?
Back to top
rlobianco



Joined: 29 Jan 2008
Posts: 4



PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it will work with athlon 64 bit systems.
Back to top
AFryia



Joined: 09 Mar 2006
Posts: 905
Location: S.E. Michigan VPH-G70Q


PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rlobianco wrote:
Hi, It comes with a remote and will work with the standard MCE remote with the IR tranceiver, etc.

Feature wise its the same as the previous generation FusionHDTV5 Gold card. Dvico is still working on getting the info updated on the English side of their website. But if you goto the Korean Side you can see more pictures.

Heres an image I hacked together from some pictures from their Korean side of the website but with English info I found on the web or on the box it comes in.


rlobianco,

So this card is an OTA HD capable tuner? It lists 1980x1080i as the resolution. will it handle 720p broadcasts?
Back to top
View user's photo album (28 photos)
AvgOrdinaryGuy



Joined: 03 Dec 2006
Posts: 123
Location: Northeast Arkansas USA


PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rlobianco wrote:
will it handle 720p broadcasts?
Yes, it does.
Back to top
all_american9



Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Posts: 7



PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Terrible Perfomance Reply with quote

I just received this card today. The performance was awful. After picking up 6 ATSC broadcast channels with the ATI 650 & Air GT the FusionHDTV7 RT Gold will only pick up one channel in windows media center & that channel was even in & out. The GUI that comes with it picked up one channel but was not able to even display it as it came up with no signal. If you want good reception stay away from this card at all cost. I was really looking forward to the PIP function and now I am totally disappointed & will have to return this item asap.
Back to top
emdawgz1



Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 7949



PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Terrible Perfomance Reply with quote

all_american9 wrote:
I just received this card today. The performance was awful. After picking up 6 ATSC broadcast channels with the ATI 650 & Air GT the FusionHDTV7 RT Gold will only pick up one channel in windows media center & that channel was even in & out. The GUI that comes with it picked up one channel but was not able to even display it as it came up with no signal. If you want good reception stay away from this card at all cost. I was really looking forward to the PIP function and now I am totally disappointed & will have to return this item asap.


It's soooo tiresome. Guys showing up trashing a product.

Rolling Eyes

_________________
Follow my blog
www.thesinglebrother.com
Back to top
View user's photo album (3 photos)
all_american9



Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Posts: 7



PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are in doubt feel free to try it yourself. It’s better to let people know so they don’t have to return it. If the card would have performed I would have been the 1st to post a positive review.
Back to top
emdawgz1



Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 7949



PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all_american9 wrote:
If you are in doubt feel free to try it yourself. It’s better to let people know so they don’t have to return it. If the card would have performed I would have been the 1st to post a positive review.


The problem is, there are sooo many variables in picking up OTA HD.

How far are you from the Broadcast towers? Where are you located. Is your signal strong, faded, reflected?
What antenna do you use?

Just posting " It doesnt work! I'm sending it back" is useless to most readers here.

_________________
Follow my blog
www.thesinglebrother.com
Back to top
View user's photo album (3 photos)
rlobianco



Joined: 29 Jan 2008
Posts: 4



PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Results have been really positive on the new card so I'm surprised to hear you had that bad of results. Here at my office I had been using a HDTV5 series gold card that has the LG tuner,demodulator and I was having problems with our local CBS station certain times of the day. My guess is it was some kind of multi path interference but in any case once I swapped to the HDTV7 card those problems went away. I'm about 35 miles away from most of the broadcasters and they all come in great.

Maybe your card is defective?
Back to top
all_american9



Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Posts: 7



PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I understand there are many variables. I have two other ATSC cards to compare it against. One uses the LG 5th chipset and the other uses a Samsung chipset. My stations vary between 10 & 50 miles. My local CBS affiliate is the strongest station I receive & I can easily pick it up using the single pull up antenna that comes with the Air GT. I use a UHF antenna with a 25 db preamp mounted on my roof & I have an additional amplification on my splitter. On two of the 6 channels I receive I max out on signal strength "CBS & NBC." The HDTV7 struggles to even hold & receive one of those channels. Additionally I checked Dvico’s site & I am using the latest drivers. In fact the drivers I have supersede the ones they have. Possibly the card is defective or it doesn’t work properly with Vista; however the card is working albeit terribly so. I would think if they chip is defective it would fail to work at all. I usually don’t buy anything till a pro has had to the opportunity to review it; since this is a new item I haven’t been able to find any reviews on it. But I took a chance on purchasing it anyway.
Back to top
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator


Joined: 08 Mar 2006
Posts: 24971
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G


PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all_american9 wrote:
. My stations vary between 10 & 50 miles.

My local CBS affiliate is the strongest station I receive & I can easily pick it up using the single pull up antenna that comes with the Air GT.

I use a UHF antenna with a 25 db preamp mounted on my roof & I have an additional amplification on my splitter. On two of the 6 channels I receive I max out on signal strength "CBS & NBC." The HDTV7 struggles to even hold & receive one of those channels. Additionally I checked Dvico’s site & I am using the latest drivers. In fact the drivers I have supersede the ones they have. Possibly the card is defective or it doesn’t work properly with Vista; however the card is working albeit terribly so.



Any chance you are running TOO strong a signal into it?

_________________
Tech support for nothing

CRT.

HD done right!
Back to top
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum