Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Help Connect a First Gen Panasonic HD Ready TV PT-56WG80W

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Crescendo-Systems Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobj4172

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:50 am    Post subject: Help Connect a First Gen Panasonic HD Ready TV PT-56WG80W Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I purchased an HD Fury with the standard VGA connection. Shipping was very fast.

I am now trying to use it to connect a Toshiba HD-A2 to a Panasonic PT-56WG80W.

I have the HD DVD player connected to an HDMI to DVI cable, connected to the HD Fury, which is connected to an RCA VHDC 300, to component cables to my TV. I also hooked this up to a Panasonic Plasma TV, which didn't work well either. The picture has lines in it, and is broken up. On light colored images, the image is less broken up. When I configured the HDDVD player to use 720p on the Plasma TV, the picture was much better. Any ideas on the what the problem is, or if it is correctable.

I connected the HD DVD player to the HDMI to DVI cable, connected to the HD Fury, connected to an Olevia LCD which worked fine. As I was testing the setup I tried 1080i, 480P, and 480i on the the Panasonic TV. I used 1080i, 720p, and 480p on the Plasma TV.

On the Olevia I tried 1080i, and 720p.

An RCA DTC100 works fine through the VGA to component converter I have. I have hooked my HD DVD directly to my TV and it plays 1080i on unencrypted DVDs such as home movies.

Has anyone gotten the HDFury to work with a Component input HDTV?

I want to give new life to my Panasonic PT-56WG80W. It is a nice CRT based projection TV that i don't want to get rid of.

Thank you,
Bob J.
beun

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob,

Are you sure you posted this is the right forum? This sounds more like a HDFury question to me.

I have looked up the manual on the RCA VHDC300 and there is not much information in there. Without looking at your picture, it almost sounds like the sync position is wrong and your TV is trying to sync/clamp on the video signal.

The VHDC300 was designed to work with a DTC100 so I am not surprised that works.

Kim

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had someone suggested I post the question here. I was wondering if the TC2000 would work for my purposes. Has anyone used this combination?
beun

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noone has this combination yet, I am currently designing a more suited version of the TC2000, see the FAQ thread for more info on that.

Kim

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Crescendo-Systems Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: