Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

FAQ: TC1500 RGB to Component Converter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Crescendo-Systems Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeaJL

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi Kim,

Thanks again for the update. Is there an approximate timeframe that you would hope to expect completed products.
As you have made the alterations to the original will this likely cause any difficulties with a first batch?

I'm happy to hold on until you are 100% confident and I have noe idea how your world works all I can say is I am concious of the fact that HK Mod had some issues with a batch of gamer editions where he was trying to keep to schedule and he struggled a little with the amount of tesing time this allowed him.

I'm really looking forward to getting the product and it would be a sad situation if this could be the case.

Cheers

Deano
beun

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deano,

I will be able to send of a few prototypes starting next week. They will probably be without case but all the functionality is there. After myself and a few people here have tested them and found them OK, I will be able to start shipping larger quantities after a week or two. Are you interested in one of the prototypes?

Kim

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim,

Have PM'd you
nomad

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kim,

I've PM'ed you too.

Regards,

nomad

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put the first one together and did some preliminary measurements and it looks good. I nailed the mechanics on its head and electronically there is not much to change either. I will look at it for a few more days and than send out the first prototypes.

Kim

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:24 am    Post subject: TC1500 Reply with quote

Your new product seems ideal for my application. Any new developments? Thanks
View user's photo album (7 photos)
Tom.W

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim Would love to try one of these. Please send me a PM when they are available Smile
beun

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first prototype shipped a few days ago and I will start to built a few more. Be patient.

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick teaser on how the final product will look

First the 2 boards seperated:

The 2 boards in the stack as they will be mounted in the enclosure

And than the final enclosure itself.

Kim

Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Kim! Keep us posted!

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good. I can hear the componnet guys chomping at their bit's.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
WTS

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kim,

Looking good, nice work.

dbaisey

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim,
Looks solid. Are you waiting for the testing to be done before putting up the final TC1500 (?) spec sheet. Doug
beun

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am waiting on the cases and when I get some feedback from a few testers I will make them available for the general population. I will see when I have some time to put a spec sheet together, the function after all is not going to change.

Kim

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: FAQ: TC2000 VGA (RGBHV) to Component Transcoder Reply with quote

kal wrote:

The TC2000 converts a VGA (RGBHV) signal found on some source devices to a component (YPbPr) signal required by most TVs.
Click HERE to order today directly from the manufacturer!

I am interested in one of these items. I am a little confused though. The Crescendo Systems web site says that the TC2000 is Discontinued. Yet they are still selling it through curtpalme. Or has the item become discontinued only in the last few weeks?
If it's still available, do they ship to Australia?

Secondly, I am wanting to use one of these with my Panasonic CRT HDTV. Basically I want to set up a media centre PC. My TV will only support a 50Hz signal input at HD. I'm in Australia. The only HD inputs on the TV are component, and the only supported HD res is 1080i. After much researching I have found that no video card seems to support 50Hz output through component. Only through VGA/DVI. Hence the need for the transcoder!
Anyway my second question is, am I better off with the TC2000 or the internal TCP2200? It says that the TCP2200 adds "support for tri-level sync and a fixed width bi-level sync". I'm unsure whether or not this is something I'll need? I'd prefer the external box, but if the extra functionality of the TCP2200 is required then I'd go for that instead.

Thanks!
beun

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TC2000 as such is discontinued. Kal put it up on this forum to see if there would still be people interested in this product. The interest was definately there and I decided to design a new version now named the TC1500 that would work better together with a HDFury. The functionality of the old TC2000 and new TC1500 is identical with the exception of the VGA pass-through that will not be available on the TC1500.

Some of the Panasonic CRT HDTV's seem to be pretty picky in what they will accept, my guess is that those only accept a non-standard sync signal. Some people have had success with a TC(P)2x00 and some have not. The TCP2200 gives you more sync options to play with than the TC1500/2000. If you want I can send you a TCP2200 so you can try if it works for you. Just PM me your shipping address if you are interested.

Kim

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Kim,

I have PM'd you. Thanks!

And yes, from what I have read the Panasonic TVs are picky.
When I receive the TCP2200 I will give it a good shot, and report my results here if it interests anyone.
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim, is there any sync adjustments with the new TC1500?

CRT.

HD done right!
beun

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there is a width adjustment on both H and V sync.
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! That may help some of the people out with odd ball set's that like strange timing's.

CRT.

HD done right!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Crescendo-Systems Products All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7
Jump to: