Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

HD-A2 firmware update 2.7/T23

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Source Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom.W

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: HD-A2 firmware update 2.7/T23 Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Just received the disk from Toshiba last night. Anyone tried loading this or know what it adds ?
zaphod

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frm the toshiba website:

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q1. What does this update do?

A1. This firmware update adds support for 1080p/24Hz output and for more on-screen language display options. In addition, this firmware update improves network connectivity for supporting the download of web- enabled network content associated with certain HD DVD discs, and also addresses certain disc playback and HDMI/DVI related issues identified by Toshiba.

Q4. When I connect my HD DVD Player to my HDTV or HD Monitor using a HDMI to DVI adaptor cable or a HDMI to DVI adaptor, the output resolution of the player remains fixed at 480i. Does the new firmware address this issue?

A4. This firmware update addresses the issue. Should you continue to experience problems, please contact Toshiba Customer Solutions at (800) 319-6684.

Q5. The HDMI output does not work or works intermittently with the HDMI or DVI input on my HDTV or monitor. Does the new firmware address that issue?

A5. The firmware update addresses and improves HDMI and DVI connectivity issues. If you still experience such issues, try disconnecting and reconnecting the HDMI cable. Make sure your display input is set to HDMI (or DVI). If your display has more than one HDMI/DVI input, make sure that all connected HDMI/DVI source devices are powered on (even if not in use). If none of these solve the issue, please turn off the TV and the HD DVD player. Check all connections. Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable. Turn on the TV first and then turn on the HD DVD player. Should you continue to experience issues, please contact Toshiba Customer Solutions at (800) 319-6684.

Q6. During HD DVD playback I sometimes experience pixelization, block noise or audio dropouts. Sometimes playback freezes or stops. Sometimes, playback is not smooth. Does the new firmware address these issues?

A6. This firmware update addresses various playability issues. You should also check to be sure that the disc is clean and, if the disc will not operate at all, that you are inserting the disc with the right side up. In the event that playback freezes or stops, press and hold the ON/STANDBY button on the front of the player for approximately ten seconds. This will cause the player to turn off. After the player turns off, turn the player back on by pressing the ON/STANDBY button, and then press the OPEN/CLOSE button to remove the disc. Should you continue to experience issues, please contact Toshiba Customer Solutions at (800) 319- 6684. Should you continue to experience issues, please contact Toshiba Customer Solutions at (800) 319-6684.
Moose

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's easy to download the update from www.toshiba.com and burn the update to CD-R than wait for the replacement disc. The site also describes what the update does. For some reason, Toshiba waits until the next firmware update is available to mail the previous update.

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i just downloaded hd-a20-2700n.iso and will apply it over the weekend. it will go well with the copy of corpse bride that i just snagged Smile

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i didn't wait and upgraded the f/w with 2.7 last night. it probably adds lots of things Smile but it definately adds a "up to 1080p/24" option to the resolution menu.

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zaphod wrote:
well i didn't wait and upgraded the f/w with 2.7 last night. it probably adds lots of things Smile but it definately adds a "up to 1080p/24" option to the resolution menu.
so are you saying that with FW-2.7 you can now get 1080P out of an HD-A2? Shocked
View user's photo album (2 photos)
garyfritz

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a scaler to run it up from 24 to 60/72 fps, yup I think so...
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to the A2, that update upgrades the XA2, A20, and D2. I assume the 1080p/24 issue probably refers to the XA2, right? (Did it only do 1080p/60i before the update?)

That update was released about a month ago - there should be lots of info on the 'ol interweb about it. I'd help, except I have an 'ol XA1, not one of them new-fangled players like you boys have.

SC

Last edited by ecrabb on Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's photo album (10 photos)
JustGreg

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for veering off a tiny bit but if I could, a quick question regarding HDMI audio out on the current line of Toshiba HDax(x) line of players. I THOUGHT I read that one of their models outputs (edit) UP TO 7.1 via HDMI and 5.1 analog but I can't find it again. Was I thinking of another manufacturer or just reading bad blogger info?

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Greg

"Is it ignorance or apathy? Hey, I don't know and I don't care!" --Jimmy Buffett
zaphod

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrabb wrote:
In addition to the A2, that update upgrades the XA2, A20, and D2. I assume the 1080p/24 issue probably refers to the XA2, right? (Did it only do 1080p/60i before the update?)

That update was released about a month ago - there should be lots of info on the 'ol interweb about it. I'd help, except I have an 'ol XA1, not one of them new-fangled players like you boys have.

SC

nope, i was referring to the A20 - i now have TWO resolutions settings for 1080p - 1080p and 1080p/24

what i'm hoping is that the problem i've been having with the HDMI output not actually pushing bits will finally go away.

it was the weirdest thing - the HDFury would have a blue light, but there just wasn't signal coming out. i was blaming the HDFury but trading out for a second one didn't solve the problem. i was convinced that it was either the cable or the A20 looks like it was the A20.
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to beta tester land

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Source Devices All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: