Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Moome Nec DVI card....is it hdcp compliant?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emdawgz1

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Moome Nec DVI card....is it hdcp compliant? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Someone is asking about the card i have, i dunno. Is the moome card hdcp compliant?

Thanks

View user's photo album (3 photos)
Tom.W

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.
JuzWerkz

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: HDCP compliance Reply with quote

I have the MOOME DVI card installed in my XG110 LC. The only input I send to the XG is the output of my DVDO VP30, through an Accel HDMI cable and an HDMI-DVI adapter. I have my S-VCR, DVD player, Dish ViP622 receiver and PS3 all plugged into the VP30. The Dish receiver/DVR and the PS3 are connected using HDMI cables. The VP30 does not seem to make the HDCP handshake with the Moome card, so the VP30 closes a curtain across the display whenever the PS3 is active. Has anyone else experienced anything similar? How do you get around this?

thanks,

cj
bbgh35

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moome's first generation DVI cards were not HDCP compliant and the second generation although HDCP compliant, needed an EDID update modification done in order to work properly. I have a 1st. generation NEC card I don't need if anyone needs it.
Axatax

TV/Projector: Sony VPH-G70Q (aka Barco Cine8 Onyx)

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it's not HDCP compliant. If it where compliant, the card would have to disable RGB output when fed an HDMI input - it doesn't do this, which is a good thing.

Quote:
The VP30 does not seem to make the HDCP handshake with the Moome card, so the VP30 closes a curtain across the display whenever the PS3 is active. Has anyone else experienced anything similar? How do you get around this?

Dunno. I don't have this problem with BRD through a VP30 into a Moome DVI card (all through HDMI).
yonexsp

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Axatax wrote:
No, it's not HDCP compliant. If it where compliant, the card would have to disable RGB output when fed an HDMI input - it doesn't do this, which is a good thing.

Quote:
The VP30 does not seem to make the HDCP handshake with the Moome card, so the VP30 closes a curtain across the display whenever the PS3 is active. Has anyone else experienced anything similar? How do you get around this?

Dunno. I don't have this problem with BRD through a VP30 into a Moome DVI card (all through HDMI).

Well my XG DVI PWC-M2005A+ card works fine with my HD DVD player with a HDMI - DVI cable, so it is HDCP compliant.

But after the last firmware upgrade on the A2 to 2.7, I now have to plug & unplug the card to get it to display a picture. With FW 2.6 I had no problems.

I suspect I need to do the EDID update to fix this. But aside from that, spectacular picture and HDCP compliant.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: