Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

IFB-FULLHD v3: Sony HDMI 1.4 Input Card
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
vorlon wrote:
Hi
Does anyone know how much this new card will cost and when it might become available.
Cheers

Nope, no news so far. Once any information is known it'll be posted here.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
Joe Buckstrap

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: It shouldn't be long Reply with quote

Other than my own foibles, I don't think there will be any issues with this card.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

Moome tells me the new Sony IFB-FULLHD (HDMI 1.3) card will be ready to go end of September 2008.
Pre-orders for this card will begin in approximately 1 week. To be notified when the card becomes available, sign up for the CurtPalme.com newsletter here: http://www.curtpalme.com/MailingList.shtm

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moome's sent me the manual/spec sheet for the IFB-FULLHD, see here: http://www.curtpalme.com/docs/ifb_fullhd_v10.pdf

This is a very high end HDMI 1.3 card with separate high-end DAC just like the NEC XG-FULLHD card. In fact, the two cards are nearly identical so any reviews/comments that people have on the NEC XG-FULLHD should also hold true for this Sony IFB-FULLHD. To read XG-FULLHD reviews see here: http://www.curtpalme.com/NEC_XG-FULLHD.shtm

Kal

ilias

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Moome card Reply with quote

Where is the 1080p 72Hz? I am staying in HDFyry2 thank's!!!
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moome emailed me today that he still expects to ship these cards late September. Pre-order page will be up within the week.

For those that don't know, Moome started off with Sony cards. It's what he knows best. He's testing the card right now on a G90.

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:05 am    Post subject: Re: Moome card Reply with quote

ilias wrote:

The IFB-FULLHD card does support 1080p/72Hz. After you wrote this I emailed Moome to verify and the card does indeed support it as I suspected. The manual is wrong. The card supports crazy high bandwidth (resolution/refresh rates). He's currently testing 1080p/75Hz just to make sure PAL users can do that correctly.

Here's the Sony IFB-FULLHD being testing on a Sony G90:

Look for an updated manual soon. Pre-order will be announced in a few minutes.

Kal

bigsilverdisc

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:07 am    Post subject: Image Alignment Correction (IAC) Reply with quote

Image Alignment Correction (IAC):
Does it have this feature as well?.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:24 am    Post subject: Re: Image Alignment Correction (IAC) Reply with quote

bigsilverdisc wrote:
Image Alignment Correction (IAC):
Does it have this feature as well?.

It's not needed as the card is specifically built for the Sony line of CRT projectors. IAC or image centering/shifting is not an issue.

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pre-orders for the Sony IFB-FULLHD HDMI 1.3 card are not available!

See here for full details or to place your order: http://www.curtpalme.com/IFB-FULLHD.shtm

Kal

ilias

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Moome card Reply with quote

kal wrote:
ilias wrote:

The IFB-FULLHD card does support 1080p/72Hz. After you wrote this I emailed Moome to verify and the card does indeed support it as I suspected. The manual is wrong. The card supports crazy high bandwidth (resolution/refresh rates). He's currently testing 1080p/75Hz just to make sure PAL users can do that correctly.

Here's the Sony IFB-FULLHD being testing on a Sony G90:

Look for an updated manual soon. Pre-order will be announced in a few minutes.

Kal

This is very good if rinse down with the centering of the screen, not like HDFury!!!!
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Moome card Reply with quote

ilias wrote:
This is very good if rinse down with the centering of the screen, not like HDFury!!!!

Sorry, but I'm not sure what "rinse down with with the centering of the screen" means. Can you say it a different way?

Kal

ilias

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<Perfectly centered image:

Another world first! HDfury2 is the only device that recreates the sync and timing alignment completely and therefore perfectly centers the image according to the SMPTE standards in all modes. This is a major difference in the architecture. No other converter can compete against recreating the syncs completely. >

That is for HDFury2, can do this the new Sony IFB-FULLHD?
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ilias wrote:
<Perfectly centered image:

Another world first! HDfury2 is the only device that recreates the sync and timing alignment completely and therefore perfectly centers the image according to the SMPTE standards in all modes. This is a major difference in the architecture. No other converter can compete against recreating the syncs completely. >

That is for HDFury2, can do this the new Sony IFB-FULLHD?

Ilias: You already asked this above. It's not needed as the IFB-FULLHD is specifically built for the Sony line of CRT projectors. IAC or image centering/shifting is not an issue as you can adjust everything perfectly within the projector itself.

You seem to be wondering which is better: The HDfury2 or the Sony IFB-FULLHD. The IFB-FULLHD is a higher end product with more features and as such is considerably more expensive than the HDfury2. Choose according to your needs.

Kal

ilias

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry kal and thank's!!! I get one of this card for upgrade my G70!! again thank you for your time!!!
big blue

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Remote Control Reply with quote

I feed all my analogue sources via a lumagen scaler over the BNC to Input A of my G90. So basically I never need to switch inputs on my G90. I only switch on/off power of the unit, thats all.

If I am now connect all my HD sources directly with an HDMI cable to Input 1 or Input 2 of the IFB-FULLHD: Sony HDMI 1.3 Input Card. Do I need now the original Sony Remote Control to switch between the Analogue Input A and the this additional Card? And in addition the Moom IR Remote to choose between Input 1 and Input 2?

Is there no easy way to automate this over RS232 of the G90 as I am running a Philips Pronto IR and RS232 Extender?

PS: Order for this card is placed.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Remote Control Reply with quote

big blue wrote:
If I am now connect all my HD sources directly with an HDMI cable to Input 1 or Input 2 of the IFB-FULLHD: Sony HDMI 1.3 Input Card. Do I need now the original Sony Remote Control to switch between the Analogue Input A and the this additional Card?

I'm not sure I follow. Why would you need to switch over to Analog Input A if all of your inputs are HDMI into Moome's card? I'm not familiar with Sony's, but I would assume that you'd switch to whatever the IFB input slot is using the Sony remote and then use Moome's remote to switch between the two HDMI inputs.

Quote:
Is there no easy way to automate this over RS232 of the G90 as I am running a Philips Pronto IR and RS232 Extender?

Not sure about that. You may want to try the Home Theater Accessories forum.

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moome has confirmed that the IFB-FULLHD will also work at 1080p/75Hz so the PAL users should be happy.

The manual/spec sheet has been updated with new info and pictures too. Take a look: http://www.curtpalme.com/docs/ifb_fullhd_v10.pdf

Kal

big blue

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Kal

Now I have reviewed my installation and manuals and can run all sources direct to the Input 1 of the IFB-FULLHD, so no need to switch between the cards of the G90.

I simply need an DVI-HDMI Adapter on the output of the lumagen scaler to connect it with the IFB-FULLHD via an HDMI cable. And plug all HD sources into the DVI Inputs of the Lumagen using a HDMI-DVI Adapter. With this I can for each source make a calibration in the lumagen.

So the only thing is now to set up the G90 that it always use Input 1 of IFB-FULLHD at power up.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you've got it all worked out!

Kal

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 3 of 24
Jump to: