Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

IFB-FULLHD v3: Sony HDMI 1.4 Input Card
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ygi

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I am planning to be part of the next IFB-HD for my VPH 1252, but I saw this thread and now, i am wondering if it worths the wait for the FUllHD and its 2 HDMI inputs and its HDMI 1.3 angainst 1.2 for IFB-HD ... what brings 1.3 vs 1.2 today, what would you do ?

regards
oliverg

TV/Projector: Sony G90 X2 - Vidikron Vision 1

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a 1252, if you want to do "Full HD" you would be better off first upgrading to at -least- a 1292 or a G70
ygi

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
It'll fit anywhere the IFB-HD fit, that is, any IFB slot. So yes, the switchers will work too. The interface is the same, it's just the internals that are different between the IFB-HD and the new IFB-FULLHD.

Kal

Ok, I've missunderstood then, I was refering to kal's post telling IFB Slots

ygi
barcoed

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I missed the first round of deposits - am I too late now? If not how can I secure one of these wee beasties?
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The IFB-FULLHD has not been available for pre-order yet. It's still a work in progress.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
barcoed

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh. So presumably there will be an announcement at some future time when it is available? And at that point there will be enough to satisfy all the hungry Sony CRT owners out there?

Wink
Bruce 09

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
COMING SOON! Sony IFB-FULLHD HDMI 1.3 input card with Gamma and IR remote

Specifications

- Fully HDMI 1.3 compliant! Including Deep Color support! A first!
- Higher bandwidth of HDMI 1.3 allows for 1080p/72Hz support and beyond (Maximum under HDMI 1.1/1.2 is 1080p/60Hz)
- Better D/A converters (12bit DAC) and op-amps than in any of his previous designs for the best image quality possible!
- *TWO* HDMI inputs!
- Toslink output, supporting up to 2 channels of PCM (uncompressed) or 8 channels of compressed audio
- Gamma adjustment/correction
- Remote control

This was quoted mid November Smile ANY updates on this card ?

BUMP
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No updates from Moome. He's been too busy finishing the EXT-HD batches, the new XG-FULLHD, and getting the MUX-HD out the door.

In retrospect, he should never announce things until they're ready.

Kal

Joe Buckstrap

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: IFB-FULLHD Input C overriding Input A Reply with quote

I installed an IFB-FULLHD on a G-90 and Blu-Ray and HD Cable looks great. However, I do have a peculiar problem. I upconvert component DVD signals through a Faroudja VP400 and bring it into the G-90 via 5-wire RGBHV in Input A and I'm not seeing that at all. Instead, everything seems to be processed by the Input C IFB-FULLHD card. Is there a way to turn off this card or disable it short of having to pull it everytime I want to watch a DVD Question
hlmiii

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any help for you. Sorry.
BUT - you have a Sony FullHD Card? For how long? When did they become available?
Thanks.
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe, you should be able to simply switch G90 inputs with your Sony remote or the built-in control panel. Input A when you want to watch DVD, and input C to watch Blu-ray or cable through the IFB-FULLHD card. This is in contrast to switching between Blu-Ray and HD cable, where you're probably using the Moome remote to switch between HDMI and component... right?

hlmiii, he's obviously talking about the IFB-HD (which is still on sale) and not the new FULLHD card which hasn't shipped yet. The new card is what I'm waiting for.

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
hlmiii

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, SC. Wanted to make sure the FULL version had not been released (and then gone away Crying or Very sad ).
Whew!
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, the new card is not ready yet. Actually haven't heard a thing about it from Moome for a long time...

Kal

Joe Buckstrap

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:05 am    Post subject: Input A and Input C issues Reply with quote

No I am not mistaken . I am testing a beta version of the FULLHD that I obtained under considerable difficulty. Moome wants me to change a jumper on it to solve this problem. Presently I cannot process Input A signals whilst this card is installed. It interferes with Input A processing. The projector won't switch to Input A. If I manually try to switch to Input A the projector responds with a "not applicable" warning. Anyway, Moome will release the card when these problems are solved. He wants these cards to work correctly for you.

My cable box has an HDMI output, btw. So I have both the cable box and Blu-ray routed through a Yamaha RX-Z11. This receiver has two HDMI outputs that I run to the IFB card. My DVD is component which I run through the Yamaha to a Faroudja VP-400 and on to the G-90's 5-wire RGBHV.

So now you know why the IFB-FULLHD cards haven't been released yet. It would be irresponsible of Moome to ship cards that have known issues.

You'll be much happier with cards without these problems.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Joe.

Though I'm curious why you're posting here given that nobody (other than yourself and possibly 1 or 2 testers) have a pre-release version of the card. You really should be talking to Moome directly about this as I would imagine that you're under an NDA agreement no?

Kal

ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe - the input switching problem aside, it's exciting just to know the card is on the way. Thanks for posting.

Like Kal, I am curious. Why didn't you think it was relevant - even important - to mention that you're using pre-release beta hardware... In a post about how to fix a problem you're having with that particular hardware, no less? To be brutally honest, that's downright strange. No offense intended, of course.

I even find interesting your use of the word "peculiar". If I were testing alpha or even beta hardware and found an issue, I likely wouldn't find much "peculiar" about it. I would probably assume it was a bug and simply report the behavior per the beta testing agreement I had with the developer.

I'm also surprised a beta tester wouldn't be under an NDA.

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrabb wrote:
Joe - the input switching problem aside, it's exciting just to know the card is on the way. Thanks for posting.

Like Kal, I am curious. Why didn't you think it was relevant - even important - to mention that you're using pre-release beta hardware... In a post about how to fix a problem you're having with that particular hardware, no less? To be brutally honest, that's downright strange. No offense intended, of course.

I even find interesting your use of the word "peculiar". If I were testing alpha or even beta hardware and found an issue, I likely wouldn't find much "peculiar" about it. I would probably assume it was a bug and simply report the behavior per the beta testing agreement I had with the developer.

I'm also surprised a beta tester wouldn't be under an NDA.

SC

This is Moome we are talking about...."Bless his Heart".

Like my southern touch?

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: About the FULL-HD Reply with quote

It was lousy communication - mostly on my part - that brought me to speak about the card when I should've just kept the discussion of any bugs in-house with Moome. I wasn't even aware how limited the beta testing was, thinking that there might be other testers in this forum. The card exists and this problem I brought up here - which I shouldn't have - will be resolved. Now maybe I should keep my mouth shut before I ruffle some mote feathers. But anyone out there who thinks that the card is just a fantasy are just wrong.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problems Joe. The card is definitely 'real'. I don't think anyone's ever questioned that it's in the works. Moome just works in weird and wonderful ways sometimes. Wink

Kal

vorlon

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Does anyone know how much this new card will cost and when it might become available.
Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 2 of 24
Jump to: