Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

The Kipnis Studio Standard - Setting a New Cine Experience!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Design & Construction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Congrats on the print article!

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
perisoft

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can spend $6m on a home theater too, if I build it inside a Learjet. That doesn't mean it makes any sense to do, though.

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perisoft wrote:
I can spend $6m on a home theater too, if I build it inside a Learjet. That doesn't mean it makes any sense to do, though.

I imagine it will be a bit more expensive then that considering the weight, shape and noise restrictions of a Learjet. I would certainly want to do a compete study of the exact plane to be used before committing to a price!

But to do justice to both picture and sound quality, I believe it is imperative to build a room from scratch, designed especially for the client's requirements.

And in fact, a larger commercial aircraft would be easier to design for, say, John Travolta's Boeing 707? I can see him now and his guests enjoying the finest flying cinema around the planet!!!

Cheers -

Jeremy

www.Kipnis-Studios.com
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on which Lear you choose, with a $6M budget, you just might not have anything left over for even a DVD player - let alone a whole theater. In fact, $6M won't buy even buy the airplane if you're looking at new.

Besides, it wouldn't be a 'home theater' anymore, it'd be an 'air theater'... or something.

Wink

Can't wait to check out the article, Jeremy. Congrats.

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
DefinerOfReality

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrabb wrote:
Depending on which Lear you choose, with a $6M budget, you just might not have anything left over for even a DVD player - let alone a whole theater. In fact, $6M won't buy even buy the airplane if you're looking at new.

Besides, it wouldn't be a 'home theater' anymore, it'd be an 'air theater'... or something.

Wink

Can't wait to check out the article, Jeremy. Congrats.

SC

But what if you live in the air - like the late Howard Hughes? I seem to recall he and others feel especially at home in the skies. But I do like the concept of a "Theater in the Air"!

If you're really in a hurry to have a look, you might visit my website and go to the "PRESS" page, which is the last page on the site. It's a lot of FUN! Shocked

Cheers -

Jeremy

www.Kipnis-Studios.com

Last edited by DefinerOfReality on Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:36 pm; edited 3 times in total
perisoft

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this case I am presuming that the Learjet would be nonfunctional and placed on stilts in the back yard. This has the advantage of allowing the conversion of the nose of the aircraft into an excellent flight simulator.

Space constraints are not an issue, since true videophiles generally agree that screen sizes over six feet are unwise. And audience size is already a priori restricted to one person wearing a neck-locking device, due to the minute differences in phase encountered with incorrect speaker (and thus head) placement.

Clearly, however, you are correct in that acoustic characteristics must be considered. Therefore I suggest encasing the entire Learjet in cement, and placing a small plastic chip on the DTS receiver which will magically convert the cold, heartless digital signals into warm analog signals of love, which will warm the cockles of any audiophile's heart. What happens to his brain is anybody's guess.

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings!

Kipnis Studios will be concluding formal public demonstrations of The Kipnis Studio Standard (KSS) - Ciné Beta Screening Room on Saturday, September 6th, 2008.

Anyone interested in a complete, hand-tailored tour should feel free to contact me through our website:

http://www.Kipnis-Studios.com

Cheers and Thanks for Looking -

Jeremy

Kipnis Studios

Contributing Editor - http://www.HomeTheaterReview.com

Jeremy

www.Kipnis-Studios.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Design & Construction All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: