Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

recomendation on PJ mounting in my room

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Design & Construction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fujifrontier

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: recomendation on PJ mounting in my room Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Here is our crap filled living room.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c234/FujiFrontier/FrontierAssets/livrm2.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c234/FujiFrontier/FrontierAssets/lirm2.jpg

And here is a more easily understandable layout.
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c234/FujiFrontier/FrontierAssets/livingroom.jpg

It's a 13,5x18ft room. Ceiling is about 8,5ft tall. I would like to have a CRT projector and it's beginning to look like it's going to have to be ceiling or shelf mounted. Do you think if I mounted the PJ above the sofa that's against the wall, there'd be enough throw distance to properly utilise the phosphor? Since there's a TV already sitting in that space, the screen would have to come down right in front of, or in back of it. Any ideas or suggestions? If it were MY house I would mount a screen on top of the fireplace, alas, that would cause a shitfit around here....
perisoft

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems that over the fireplace IS the best place. If you can't stick something there permanently, why not have a rolldown? And if budget's an issue there (bastards are expensive...) you could grab a big-arse piece of foam core, hang it from the ceiling, and then pull it back up flush against the ceiling when not in use. I'm doing something like that for my temporary setup in the living room, although I eventually said 'screw it' and left the thing hanging down, because it's my house and I can do what I damned well please. Twisted Evil

PS: There must be something really good in that room the blue square is over... Wink
Fujifrontier

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's where I keep my stack of G90s Smile

I'm looking for something i can easily take it down and pack up, when I leave the 'rents. Perhaps I'll just put it on a rolling cart, and put the screen up against the fireplace.

One additional frustration is that I'd like to use it as a display for my computer... it would be bad ass to come home, turn on the PJ and use it as a monitor, then switch over to another source...
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Design & Construction All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: