Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

looking for a kloss 1000 or 1000a videobeam
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emflyboy

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: advent videobeam 1000 + 7 Foot Projector Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hello,

I'm in the Boston area and I have a 7 Ft Projector screen in perfect condition. I also have the projection system. If anyone is interested please send a PM.

- Ed
emflyboy

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone asked for some pics so here they are:

arlo

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 pm    Post subject: Yes Please is this still available? Reply with quote

I am looking for screen and projector for immediate purchase - can you inbox me a cost?
Also, I am looking for a SONY KP 5010, working or non-working.
mp20748

TV/Projector: 9500LC Ultra / Super 02 and 03 VIM

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang.... I worked on these units seem like a century ago. Why do you guys want to purchase these units. Do you own museums?
arlo

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it's for a film shoot.
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late-70's period piece?

It's not a Kloss 1000, but I ran across this thing the other day:
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=35068781&cat=484&s_cid=E0003

Local to me. I'm surprised it wasn't thrown in the landfill years ago. It has a healthy layer of dust on it, but I wouldn't be surprised one bit if doesn't still work.

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
mr_rye89

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: Yes Please is this still available? Reply with quote

arlo wrote:
I am looking for screen and projector for immediate purchase - can you inbox me a cost?
Also, I am looking for a SONY KP 5010, working or non-working.

I've got a working KP-7220 and the beat up 72" screen (legs missing!) to go with it. You wouldn't happen to be in the ABQ Metro area?

These pics are a couple years old, Oh and I also have the glass top for it.
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best use of 8-Tracks for the win Thumbs Up

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
digitalayon

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was born in 76.....use me...lol
mp20748

TV/Projector: 9500LC Ultra / Super 02 and 03 VIM

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrabb wrote:
Late-70's period piece?

Local to me. I'm surprised it wasn't thrown in the landfill years ago. It has a healthy layer of dust on it, but I wouldn't be surprised one bit if doesn't still work.

SC

That model one used a Phillips TV chassis and so did the model 2. The 1000 was slightly different. There was also Advent and Pulsar, they were all 480I and terrible with drifting and performance.

And at the same time, there was a company named Theater Vision that had a similar screen to the Kloss, but put a small color TV in a box like contraction with single lens that pointed to the center of the screen. Those were the dinosaur days of Home Theater
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mp20748 wrote:
That model one used a Phillips TV chassis and so did the model 2. The 1000 was slightly different. There was also Advent and Pulsar, they were all 480I and terrible with drifting and performance.

My old man had an Advent (I can never remember the model), and while it's horrible by today's standards (or even 20 years ago's standards), it was excellent for the times. Of course it was only 480i - that's all that existed back then. But, with Laserdisc as a source, it was the pinnacle of what was "home theater" for the early-80's, and it's what got me into home theater.

I don't remember ever having any trouble with drift on that Advent, but when it did, it was a 2-second operation to just tweak one of the pots right on the front panel. Those pots were amazing... They were tight, but super-smooth - like cool butter.

With the high-gain screen, it was plenty bright for watching even with some lights on... Perfect for pizza and Coke on a snowy a Friday night with a Laserdisc, or HBO or an ABC Sunday Night Movie off big ugly dish. We watched that set daily for probably six or seven years until about '85 or so when my dad replaced it with an Infinity RSTV.

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
mr_rye89

PostLink    Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnalogRocks wrote:
Best use of 8-Tracks for the win Thumbs Up

Shimming is one of the many uses for 8 tracks Smile I also play 'em pretty regularly and make mixtapes sometimes. warble, warble ker-chunk! Laughing

p.s. I'm one of the weirdo residents of Tapeheads.net Thumbs Up
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mp20748 wrote:
ecrabb wrote:
Late-70's period piece?

SC

And at the same time, there was a company named Theater Vision that had a similar screen to the Kloss, but put a small color TV in a box like contraction with single lens that pointed to the center of the screen. Those were the dinosaur days of Home Theater

I've also seen one that used a Magnavox chassis, which I believe was different from the Philips. We're talking 1980something, when these things had been installed for years in smoking bars. Not only did I have to troubleshoot a defective circuit, I had to deal with the sickly smell of 2"of coated nicotine on all parts, which wafted my way as I desoldered parts. I remember the Magnavox chassis was in such bad shape, along with weak tubes that I nuked it.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For sale post deleted. The guy was on crack Wink
crt projectors

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 26, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject: 1000a Reply with quote

Looking for a unit to be saved from scrap or parts too
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: