Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

looking for a kloss 1000 or 1000a videobeam
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crt projectors

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: looking for a kloss 1000 or 1000a videobeam Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
looking for a kloss 1000 or 1000a videobeam, please PM me if have one with your phone # and a pic, no screen ok

ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious... why? Roadside consumer electronics museum? Movie set prop?

Wink

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
crt projectors

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Past up chance to get one a year or so ago and just want one.
betel

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was my first projector back in '92. Didn't think I would ever buy another CRT projector after that experiance.
jask

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is that anything like a runco videobeamII ?? I just saw one of these for sale...
View user's photo album (4 photos)
cmjohnson

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be difficult to choose a more primitive or lousy example of a CRT projector. I'm a scavenger by nature, but having had a PJ
in that general class some years ago, I would not pick up a free one from beside the street if it came in its original box and the box was
still factory sealed.

You REALLY should reconsider. You could hardly do worse. Why waste the effort?

CJ
betel

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://nashville.craigslist.org/ele/407177228.html
crt projectors

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all of your info and replies. I just wanted one of these to have to see how good or bad. I had a kloss novabeam one pj years ago and for an early projector, I was happy. I have also had at one time the cheap sony crt projector, which had a great picture with low brightness. Please let me know if anyone finds a 1000 videobeam will pay good money .
I have had several early advent or kloss products overall. A TOTAL advent kloss fan.

Smile

Last edited by crt projectors on Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:40 am; edited 2 times in total
crt projectors

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look up

Kloss novabeam faq

on web search, somebody upgraded a kloss with better crt tubes for a better picture and or brightness. I know most projectors have better features and quality wise, does anyone here in this forum have a upgraded Kloss projector??

ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt anybody around here even has one anymore, let alone uses it for anything. They're just not worth anything to most guys - even just to screw around with. Everybody around here is mostly concerned with getting the best image quality we can possibly get our hands on. Since even mid-90's projectors that will display full HD signals have gotten extremely inexpensive (as in a few hundred bucks sometimes), the older gear like you're talking about is worth practically nothing. It's not exaggerating to say that, unless you had something special, you couldn't give it away. The sets are in that awkward time in their history where they're so inferior technologically to lots of other very inexpensive gear... yet they aren't old enough to have gained much, if any "vintage" or collectible value.

Give it another 20 years until they're 50 years old and who knows... Maybe they'll be worth a few grand and we'll all be kicking ourselves because we didn't throw a $50 Advent or Kloss set on the shelf back in 2007.

My Dad took took his old '78-79 vintage Advent "VideoBeam" - not sure of the model - up to a family friends' cabin in northern Minnesota to throw down in the basement to have something to do on snowmobile trips up north. It's still very useable and still ticking away. I can't imagine how many hours it has on it. We watched that damn thing all the time from probably '78 or so through '85 or so when he bought an Infinity RSTV. It sat on a shelf ever since until just a couple years ago when he dragged it out. It still works perfectly after nearly 30 years. Try that with these new POS plastic digital shoeboxes.

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
crt projectors

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the kloss units were around for most of the CRT pj's useful life. If the master Henry Kloss didn't get the ball rolling, then when would of serious crt pjs begin?? CRT pjs are competing with dlp boxes with less contrast . Even if the Digital boxes catch up to CRT performance in video fidelity, it has taken years to do so. CRT projectors are a bargain Now!!

Last edited by crt projectors on Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
kodothedrum

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Novabeam 1000, pristine condition Reply with quote

Hello.

I have a Novabeam 1000 and an original screen that are both in pristine condition.

I sent a you a PM with my email address.

Interested? Please email me.

Ted
drice1234

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your wish has been granted.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kloss-Novabeam-CRT-projector_W0QQitemZ150190077865QQihZ005QQcategoryZ32862QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
crt projectors

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:10 am    Post subject: starting to find some!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Hello one and all!! I found two videobeam 1000a units! I'm to have them shipped out to me in a few months. Can anyone or Curt, does anyone have lens upgrade to project onto flat wall or can make one. Would like to purchase service and installation manual from somebody, and need to know best crt tubes this unit if can can upgrade to , to at least increase max lumen brightness. please anyone who has actually had these units give needed info, thanks. The old novabeam I had had a great picture and ran for many years. I'm to do the initial cleanup of controls, case, unit and everything else, I have a very good video tech near me if either or both units need service, one company still claims to have parts and people from when these were around! Should be great as a extra projector, have HD lcd PJ, just want to preserve these, I've heard they run for a long time once working. Thanks for ebay tip drice, that's a novabeam one PJ, same as I had, but looking for Kloss's first industry changing invention. I'm intersted in purchasing from anyone who has original paper color ads for the 1000 with this avatar pic or other color ads for videobeam 1000, the avatar pic I have is cool, but is low def since pulled from web.

Idea Thumbs Up

Last edited by crt projectors on Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:45 am; edited 1 time in total
crt projectors

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:44 am    Post subject: Interested Reply with quote

KODO,
Check your inbox. I'm interested- I'm going to get probaly a few units, restore one, maybe two and keep any others as a spare parts source for future repairs .

crt projectors

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still looking for one more unit, If anyone here has one, please state price you want when contacting me so I can budget with freight shipping of unit. Having the screen is not important, and reply with your phone # when you PM or email Me. The pictures of working units screens are good to great for old ANALOG RGB standards, will be good enough to flip on once in a while and watch a movie on.
Tinman

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The schmidt tubes in the novabeam are optically fixed focus tubes. No modification possible. They are set for a certain screen size and curvature. You are stuck with that. Having had one myself, it was a novel system. But it IS what it is.

Marc

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alerting other forum members of a bad experience I had recently. A good sign is not being clear what price they want to sell a videobeam unit for. Ask up front from KODOthedrum OR anybody in the NY area trying to sell one of these. I had a total run around from kodo about pricing, who would pay $1000 for a unit most people don't want without the screen!! Previously another person in same area had the same Model # for sale and never got back to me, then kodo does post here in the same time frame .

Avoid the Shei$t for an obsolete unit most people wont even touch that's usually donated to a thrift if not trash canned.

Confused Sad Crying or Very sad Thumbs Down
crt projectors

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's pic of unit with actual screen shot , ad says in closed circuit tv.
saw old magazine article comparing novabeam one to videobeam 1000A, should be close to 150 to 229 lumes. How does someone measure lumens??

that picture IS horrible!! Someone throw away these sets! Seriously, These are decent, just low light output. How quickly everyone forgets these were watchable AND durable units. Henry kloss was the man.

next pic is Kloss the master working on a Videobeam prototype, starting the home theatre industry!!

videobeam aqua.jpg
 Description:
nice picture
 Filesize:  159.03 KB
 Viewed:  34544 Time(s)

videobeam aqua.jpg

kloss the master.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  92.16 KB
 Viewed:  34545 Time(s)

kloss the master.jpg

Sonynut

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There WERE lenses for a flat 100 inch diagonal screen made. I believe they have a white dot in the middle of them(trying to remember from the service manual). That was the whole thing behind the "newer" Novabeam 100 unit that I once had. Unfortunately I sold that one a couple years back, and it had the black dot 72" curved screen lenses on it anyhow.

A friend of mine still has the Novabeam 1A I sold him running strong.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: