Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Horizontal scan lines

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huntington

TV/Projector: LG Cinema smart 3D/Sony VPH-1271Q

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Horizontal scan lines Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hello once again,

I have set up my 1271 and from time to time the screen gets very distorted. The horizontal scan lines don't line up. This is intermittent. I wonder if this might be cause by the cable set up i have. I currently have a 6 foot 5bnc to VGA cable that is then coupled to a 15 foot VGA cable to a DVI adapter. I do not have a VGA signal booster so im wondering if this may be the cause. I have never seen it on the setup screens. I have read through the forum and have also seen that leaking power supple caps can cause this as well. Any advice would be much appreciated.

BH
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post a pix of the internal crosshatch the next time it happens. Unless the projector is jumping to a random memory location (doubtful), this should have nothing to do with the signal. My guess is that your vertical board is bad, causing the convergence to jump out of alignment. very common at this point.

Tap the case the next time it does it and see if the image lines up again. If so, the V board is bad. I can fix that.
Huntington

TV/Projector: LG Cinema smart 3D/Sony VPH-1271Q

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Curt,

I talked to you yesterday about the lenses and PS. It don't do it in the crosshatch, just when its putting up a picture from the HTPC and most of the time it seems like it does it on a bright screen. the whole screen kind of goes dark and then when you get close to the screen you can see the scan lines are off horizontally. I thought it was my HTPC GPU but i changed it and it still does it but not as often so i thought that maybe the signal was weak or something. Ill try to remember to post picture tonight when i get home, if i can get it to do it. I'm off to NC first thing in the morning so i have some packing to do.

Could this be a refresh rate problem?

BH
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: