CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
Joined: 22 Mar 2006 Posts: 1614 Location: ottawa, canada
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:44 am Post subject: just trying to clear up a few questions....
1. Any chance that Nvidia will have some method for custom res's in Vista in the near future?
2. Is there any setup where you are unable to tweak gamma? Is it power dvd that has an issue with gamma?
3. I understand that reclock works in vista but has a bug whereby you need to use analog outs, or is it that you need to use spdif if you have an interlaced res?
4. The Nvidia solution is better for Blu-Ray hw/accel while the ATI is better for HD-DVD...but either one will do some degree of hw accel with HD, right?
5. I've been away for a while...I used to download .ts files. Are re-encoded wma's the way to go these days?
6. Will using analog outs for TRUE-HD and or LPC require even more CPU horsepower, or is the soundcard doing the decoding in HW?
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum
Forum powered by phpBB © phpBB Group