Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

A ? About Updating the Toshiba HD-A2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Source Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moose

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: A ? About Updating the Toshiba HD-A2 Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I recently bought a Toshiba HD-A2 and for the first time today, I updated the firmware. Everything went exactly according to the instructions, except for one thing - it only took maybe an estimated 12-13 minutes to complete although the instructions said it should take about 30 minutes. Everything works fine. I checked the update level and it's correct. I did not see an error messages, either on screen or on the player. Is this according to everyones experience or might there be something wrong with mine?

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My updates have all been much closer to 15 minutes than 30. As long as the player is working fins, I would not worry about it.

I don't recall the exact steps (look in the manual for online updates), but you can get to a screen that tells you the current SW rev.
rabies_70

TV/Projector: Sony G70Q

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My last update lasted around 12 or so. Did off of the cd you can burn....sweet........

I am an iconoclast
Moose

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No sooner had I updated my player than another update was available - 2.2. Burning a cd was sure a swell idea as my PC and player are no where near each other and I don't have to wait for a disc in the mail.
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did my XA1 over the net, and I think it was a pretty hefty download. I assume if you had a fast cable connection vs. a slower DSL connection, just that could account for a pretty big time difference. I looked for a CD image, and didn't see that - I'll have to check it out.

EDIT - I see the update for the XA1 is about 70 megs. I suppose if some people are downloading the image on a computer, burning a CD and updating, while some are running the update from the player connected to the internet, that would account for a big difference, too.

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CD's are not that large of a file, but I am betting the ability to slipstream-like the code from the net directly to the player is the biggest hangup. Can someone post a link to where these are located--and with readme files to know what is of benefit and what is not?

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WanMan wrote:
CD's are not that large of a file, but I am betting the ability to slipstream-like the code from the net directly to the player is the biggest hangup. Can someone post a link to where these are located--and with readme files to know what is of benefit and what is not?

I find the HD-DVD Player forum on the "A" site to be the best source of information on the updates.

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curious, how does one update the firmware? I was configuring the network information and it wanted a username and password. Nevermind, I am d/l it now to burn to disk. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Source Devices All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: