Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

XG-FULLHD: NEC XG HDMI 1.3 Input Card
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moome

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
nzryan wrote:
Hi Moome,
I have been testing it again, what would make the Select HDMI input button not work on the HDMI Card? because this happens sometimes.
During the new tests, I left the projector off booted the pc and then turned on the projector - and the picture was there! but only one time, the other times I tried this again, the picture was not there but if I pressed the HDMI input select button on the card the light would not move to the other HDMI input socket, could this be something to do with it?

Thanks,
Ryan

if you want to use botton to select between inputs, the card need be powered (when XG turn on), so when botton not work?
nzryan

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the card was powered on, with no picture on the screen - the button not working, but if card powered on and there is a picture the button does work.

here are the steps,
1 start every thing off.
2 turn on pc, wait for boot to finish.
3 turn on projector (XG).

3 a -if turn on projector it shows the picture all is ok, the HDMI switch buttom works, if I press it the red light goes to other hdmi input and the picture goes black (no cable on other HDMI), if I press it again the picture comes back.

3 b -If turn on projector and no picture (this happens most the time), the hdmi switch button does not work, the red light by HDMI input wont move to the other HDMI input when press the button, like HDMI card froozen or crashed.

the steps that always has picture
1 start every thing off
2 turn on xg
3 turn off xg
4 turn on pc and wait for boot to finsh
5 trun on XG - picture always there.

moome

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what will do for 2 3? if you remove step 2 3, will no picture?
YGPMOLE

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I recently done a perfect setting of the CRT (mechanical and electric) and I have a very razor image, with horizontal and vertical lines about 3 mm. thickness for all the tubes at 1280x720@75Hz.

After one year, today I started to use the Moome's HDMI input card with a HDMI-DVI converter connected to the ATI RADEON HD 3850 of my HTPC.

The bad surprise has been that the previously HTPC settings for BNC inputs are not useful with the HDMI input card: Powerstrip timings produce different image size when using the Moome's card, so I have to create a new memory entry!

But, worst thing of all, seems that the signal is so different that the crosshatch pattern lines are not focused like before: the horizontal lines are more fine then the vertical ones!!!

1) Could the different input affect the focus and the sharpness of the images?
2) Am I right if I say that I must set the E.M. focus again??!?
3) Better re-do all the memory entries I have on the CRT using the HDMI input??!?

In the actual situation, I still have not a relevant gamma boost with the HDMI input card and I lost the low ire details.

Best Regards. Leo!

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YGPMOLE wrote:
Hi!

I recently done a perfect setting of the CRT (mechanical and electric) and I have a very razor image, with horizontal and vertical lines about 3 mm. thickness for all the tubes at 1280x720@75Hz.

After one year, today I started to use the Moome's HDMI input card with a HDMI-DVI converter connected to the ATI RADEON HD 3850 of my HTPC.

The bad surprise has been that the previously HTPC settings for BNC inputs are not useful with the HDMI input card: Powerstrip timings produce different image size when using the Moome's card, so I have to create a new memory entry!

But, worst thing of all, seems that the signal is so different that the crosshatch pattern lines are not focused like before: the horizontal lines are more fine then the vertical ones!!!

1) Could the different input affect the focus and the sharpness of the images?
2) Am I right if I say that I must set the E.M. focus again??!?
3) Better re-do all the memory entries I have on the CRT using the HDMI input??!?

In the actual situation, I still have not a relevant gamma boost with the HDMI input card and I lost the low ire details.

Best Regards. Leo!

1. as I know, my XG1351 only need refocus with larger different input, for example 720P to 1080P.
2. if you run almost same resolution, I think no.
3. yes~
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sale Update!

Moome has further reduced the XG-FULLHD HDMI 1.3 input card sale price down to only $360 USD. This offer's only valid for the next 20 orders. After that the price goes back up to $400.

First come, first served! If you're looking at adding an HDMI 1.3 input card to your NEC XG projector, now's the time.

See the NEC XG-FULLHD order page here: http://www.curtpalme.com/NEC_XG-FULLHD.shtm

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
jarseneau

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: GAMMA setting drift due to other remote IR signals Reply with quote

Something I noticed that might be helpful to others..
The GAMMA adjustment made via remote control was not staying where I set it. From time to time I would notice that the picture looked 'darker' than it should and found that the card's gamma setting was no longer the 10 clicks below max that I set it to. I checked this by watching the card's LED that blinks when it picks up the remote and saw how many blinks it took for it to turn steady red which indicates the MAX setting. At that point I wasn't sure if the card was loosing the setting or what.

Later I noticed the picture get darker as I adjusted the volume on the receiver. It turned out that this and other IR signals coming from my universal remote were messing up the GAMMA setting.

Since then I've kept a patch over the card's IR sensor and now the GAMMA stays put. Not a big deal since you should only need to set GAMMA once.

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE:

Moome has further slashed the price of his HDMI 1.3 input card for NEC XG and Runco 991 CRT projectors to liquidate his remaining stock. Originally priced at $450 USD when they were introduced a year ago, they are now down to only $329 USD. That's a savings of $121 USD!

There are only 10 cards left and Moome tells us he is not planning on making any more XG cards as he wants to focus on his other products. So if you're looking at adding an HDMI 1.3 input card to your NEC XG or Runco 991 any time soon, now's the last chance!

To order see: http://www.curtpalme.com/NEC_XG-FULLHD.shtm

Kal

Gannon

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, so I'm finally getting up to speed here...the sabbatical's lingering mental dullness seems to be waning...has ANYONE found a stand-alone BluRay player that doesn't require any form of porch alignment in order to work properly with the XG?

Right now, I'm playing with one, and the Sony player is whacked. Customer is doing a firmware update as we speak, so IF it fixes the problem I'll let y'all know.

But I'm trying to get one of the last cards for an XG that a good customer just gifted me...and this information would be useful.

So again, any BluRay players able to play without wrap-around and/or streaking?!

Cheers

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firmware update on the BDP-S360 didn't fix it.

Curious if the new Oppo does better...

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair, with this card the 1080i looks positively liquid.

Both BluRay and DirecTV are amazing, and the gamma adjustment was a nice final touch.

Got to get me one...and soon. What is the countdown at now, nine or eight?!

Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gannon wrote:
To be fair, with this card the 1080i looks positively liquid.

Both BluRay and DirecTV are amazing, and the gamma adjustment was a nice final touch.

Got to get me one...and soon. What is the countdown at now, nine or eight?!

Actually lower than that if I'm not mistaken. About half gone.

Kal

Gannon

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got one on order now. Thanks for the bump, Kal.

But in the query on compatible BluRay players...that might size well on the NEC XG...has anyone found one that works?

I was aiming for the PS3, since it seems none of the stand-alone players turn on and load discs quick enough.

Cheers

Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gannon wrote:

But in the query on compatible BluRay players...that might size well on the NEC XG...has anyone found one that works?

I was aiming for the PS3, since it seems none of the stand-alone players turn on and load discs quick enough.

Take a look here John for recommended Blu-ray players: http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9912&start=0

Kal

pepehid

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Crystalio VPS 3800 connected via components to my NEC XG 1351... I will have better image on my nec if I purchase this card??
jarseneau

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't work for Moome so maybe he will have a better answer but I'll offer my 2 cents..

The answer depends somewhat on your present hookup. How are you connecting via component since the 1351 on it's own won't accept it (I believe only 1352's had component capability)? Are you using the earlier Moome DVI/component input board? In that case you will get better color rendition with the HDMI FullHd card vs. the DVI card. I've owned both and can see the difference.

On the other hand, the Crystalio also has RGBHV output and if you connected that way the quality would be just as good as HDMI via the FullHD card since in the end the FullHd card converts HDMI to the native RGBHV internally for the projector.

moome

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepehid wrote:
I have a Crystalio VPS 3800 connected via components to my NEC XG 1351... I will have better image on my nec if I purchase this card??

the HDMI card will have more clean picture than component, and for my old dvi/component card, you can connect to both hdmi and component input~~
we have some refreshed unit
YGPMOLE

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I bought a new green tube, and done again an optimal mechanical and electric setting of my NEC XG 110.
I also bought a HIS HD 4670 AGP graphic card for my HTPC which has an HDMI output.
Done once again the 1080p 48Hz (for Blu-Ray) and 50Hz (for PAL DVDs) and centered the image using Powerstrip.

But, I'm not able to see the scanlines and - for what is my experience - I think that the XG 110 is NOT able to resolve all the 1080 vertical lines both with the Moome card: the image seems to be not perfectly focused as it was at 720p (letters and icons are not so clear as before).

I think this projector should drive 720p or 1080i signals. It's just me?

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you adjust the focus setting on XG?
YGPMOLE

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, both mechanical and electric, but at 1080p I'm not able to see the scanlines...

Another thing, please: when the output color is set in YCrCb (both 4:4:4 or 4:4:2) by the Catalyst Control Center I got a very annoying "sparkling" on the vertical surfaces of the images, that are reduced (but they not completely diseappears) when RGB (4:4:4 full or limited) is selected. Can I resolve this issue?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 20 of 23
Jump to: