Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

new Metallica Album, all ANALOG

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: new Metallica Album, all ANALOG Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
nice to see my ears aren't the ony ones telling people that digital masters and "pro-tools" digital manipulation of the music is pure CRAP Laughing

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=121304
View user's photo album (2 photos)
Joust

TV/Projector: Marquee 8501LC

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol
they say that the last one was "so ProTools sliced-n-diced and completely brickwalled mastered, that it is an almost impossible listen"
they didn't mention that the songs were simply crap.
I love Metalica, have since ride the lightning came out. but St anger was sh*t.
as long as the master is sampled at 48Khz or more then it should be good.
But if they want to go analog then so be it. I don't want to get into that argument. (But I'll gladly kick it off Twisted Evil) There are technical reasons why analog sucks and why the current implementation of digital sucks. But a better, modern digital implementation would definitely be better.
View user's photo album (1 photos)
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MMMMmmmmmm Analog. I'm gettting happy in the pants. I like this guys post. He's my kinda zealot:

Analogic wrote:
at http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=121304&page=2

Wrong. For rock and metal nothing sounds like tape. AmateurTools is no match for a Studer or any other 2-inch analog multi-track recorder. AmateurTools sounds like crap. Sometimes I think it is not even a match for a good cassette deck. I never liked the sound of it. Drums, electric guitars and bass simply sound better in analog. Digital recordings have no soul. No air. No life. They sound dry, sterile, lifeless, boring, flat and one-dimensional. They give me ear fatigue.

And every single damn time there is discussion about tape or analog on some discussion board, some AmateurTools fanboy chimes in about how awesome AmateurTools is, and how tape is worthless and useless and etcetc.

Grunge did not kill heavy metal. AmateurTools did. And nothing sounds like tape. End of story.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Metalica can put out a decent album this time around too. Thumbs Up

CRT.

HD done right!
jask

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnalogRocks wrote:
MMMMmmmmmm Analog. I'm gettting happy in the pants. I like this guys post. He's my kinda zealot:

Analogic wrote:
at http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=121304&page=2

Wrong. For rock and metal nothing sounds like tape. AmateurTools is no match for a Studer or any other 2-inch analog multi-track recorder. AmateurTools sounds like crap. Sometimes I think it is not even a match for a good cassette deck. I never liked the sound of it. Drums, electric guitars and bass simply sound better in analog. Digital recordings have no soul. No air. No life. They sound dry, sterile, lifeless, boring, flat and one-dimensional. They give me ear fatigue.

And every single damn time there is discussion about tape or analog on some discussion board, some AmateurTools fanboy chimes in about how awesome AmateurTools is, and how tape is worthless and useless and etcetc.

Grunge did not kill heavy metal. AmateurTools did. And nothing sounds like tape. End of story.

Aint it true!! someone buy that man a beer. Metallica is MORE than good enough to play every song they have live,to tape,(then send it to me!!)I don't think digital magic has improved the music-it just makes the producers job easier as they can cut and paste,twist and tweek,etc
I wonder how Lars feels about analog bootlegs Twisted Evil
View user's photo album (4 photos)
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd hope Lar's would shut up. That's how they made it big. The underground -hey man can you make me a copy of that tape on the highspeed dubbing- tape trading thing back in the '80's.

CRT.

HD done right!
Analog_Alpha

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I thought I was going crazy for buying Analog synths of the past and present. Buying vinyl, and CRT projectors. It seems vinyl is more popular then ever these days. Every month there is an annoucement of a new company that will build modular synthesizers. Now two days ago there was a new annoucement that a new Poly-Analog is coming out. Something is going on.

Thank you
Chris.

pro tools killer.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  22.78 KB
 Viewed:  9712 Time(s)

pro tools killer.JPG

Last edited by Analog_Alpha on Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Analog_Alpha

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, here is my all analog room. Yes there is one synth that is digital (MonoMachine), but it's been shipped for a trade this week. Overpriced junk. And finally the 1972 ARP Odyssey will be in the house this weekend to replace it. And by the way, I'm still using Atari ST running Notator for sequencing to sync all the boxes. I'm in heaven. Very Happy
Cheers
Chris.

DCP_1988.jpg
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  DCP_1988.jpg
 Filesize:  470.48 KB
 Downloaded:  579 Time(s)

DCP_1995.jpg
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  DCP_1995.jpg
 Filesize:  401.64 KB
 Downloaded:  580 Time(s)

Last edited by Analog_Alpha on Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
jask

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all you need for that chair is leather wrist straps and a tin helmet with a thick wire....damn that looks uncomfortable!
very cool toys though!
View user's photo album (4 photos)
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey buttons and knobs and switches and things. MUCH better than those danmed d!gital menus.

CRT.

HD done right!
Analog_Alpha

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jask wrote:
all you need for that chair is leather wrist straps and a tin helmet with a thick wire....damn that looks uncomfortable!
very cool toys though!

Actually, I just got a new house, so this is pretty temporary until I finish my "man cave" in the basement. The chair is OK to sit on. I know it doesn't look like it, but it is. Most of the times, I stand when I get into the groove anyways. But yeah, one day, a better chair will appear in my posession.

Chris.
Analog_Alpha

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnalogRocks wrote:
Hey buttons and knobs and switches and things. MUCH better than those danmed d!gital menus.

You know funny thing is that I went to visit a buddy of mine last week with another buddy of mine. Anyways, after 'few' beers we went into his studio and demanded that he would show off his gear and play something. He started setting everything up, going through menus, making sure everything is in sync, choosing sounds etc. After about 20 minutes, he said, 'f... it I can't do it when you guys are watching me'. You get into my room, I press one power on button, and everything is set up and ready to be tweaked. I call it 'what you see if what you get'.
Analog FOREVER!

Chris.
StylinLP

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news. Alot of artists in the industry understand the superiority of vinyl and analog. Alot of them refuse to touch digital. You know a band sucks when they can't fathom making a record without the digital crutch.

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering the politics of Metallica in this day and age, I can say I am sure this album will be a killer bootleg in short order. Why just yesterday ...

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs Down Lars
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: