Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

XG FullHD not working???

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dstasiuk

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: XG FullHD not working??? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I just removed my Moome DVI input card from my 1351 and installed the FullHD card, but it's not working Confused . The card is in slot C, and the old card worked fine. When I power up the PJ and go to the input list, input C shows up in yellow, and if I select it, I get a message that "input C is not available".

When I plug in an HDMI source to either of the card inputs, the gree light comes on ( I'm assuming that this tells me the card is properly inserted and has power) which I would imagine means the handshake has completed. What could be causing the problem?

Thanks in advance for your help...

Derrick
Gary M.

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derrick, the card works the same as the DVI, meaning there is a slight problem when powering up

make sure all your sources are connected to the HDMI card but make sure they are powered off, power up the PJ after it is on for about 10 seconds turn on the sources

you will need to go into the source entry and create a new block and copy all the data from the previous DVI card calibration/setup block, after that you will need to correct a few things, the phase, convergence and greyscale where slightly off after changing from the DVI to HDMI card on my system

-Gary
jarseneau

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derrick, When I was beta testing the card, I tested many ways to get the 'slot lock' to happen since I had it happen with the DVI card. The good news is that it only happens by combining some very specific events. In your case it was probably that you used the DVI card in slot C last when you shut down the projector before changing the cards. When you powered back up after exchanging the XG-FHD for DVI card, the projector probably rejected it as an input it couldn't recognize.

Here's what appears to cure it:
1. Turn off the pj and disconnect power or flip the switch off using the switch near the power cord.
2. Leave it off for a good 10 seconds until you see the indicator lights/display on the pj dim and go out.
3. Pull the XG-FHD card out to disconnect it. You only need to pull it out enough to disconnect it from the slot.
4. Re-insert XG-FHD with no inputs connected.
5. Plug power back in/switch on and turn power on the pj, making sure the initial input in use is slot A or B. If slot C was your default input, change it to slot A for now.
6. Now switching to slot C should work and you will get a 'new input' message (or something similar depending on your version of NEC)
7. Finally, with the source shut off, connect the hdmi cable and then power on your source. You should see 2 green lights on the XG-FHD, one next to the active input and the other between them to indicate a handshake. At that point you will have an image and will likely need to create a new SIGNAL ENTRY just by copying the one you had for your DVI card setup.

Hopefully this won't happen again unless you make it a habit of swapping out your DVI card for the XG-FHD card. Smile

dstasiuk

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are sure smart (flattery intended Very Happy ). That was the problem. I need to do a little "tweaking", but the image looks very nice so far...

Thanks again.
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jerry. I've added this procedure to the XG-FULLHD FAQ thread.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: