Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

The official Curtpalme.com CRT screenshot thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 124, 125, 126, 127, 128  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mp20748

TV/Projector: 9500LC Ultra / Super 02 and 03 VIM

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I havn't touched the focus or had done anything to the stig on this setup in the longest. And it may never happen on this set. It shows that the better I get the resolve power, the worse the outer edges and everything outside of the center looks. Oh well, I'm bout done, only need to get around to the ringing problem, that I'm sure I'm going to solve one day.

mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's one from Gladiator. I had a few more but boy could you see how bad the convergence is on those shots, so I deleted them. The setup overall is really off, with me not looking at doing it no time soon. This projector will be coming off the ceiling sometime in the near future, so seeing the best of this video chain will not happen for a while.

mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to take these shots again, but this time with my other Moome card.

mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

_in_peace_

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it 16-235 on the moome?
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

_in_peace_ wrote:
Is it 16-235 on the moome?

Most likely it is. I say that because I've been switching between 3 cards, and havn't check that out in a while, as not real calibration has been done.

I really hope to get back to this, but would really rather wait until I get clear direction on what I should do next... I really need to get the setup finished.

I'm also playing with audio and trying some of the same tweaks I've been doing in the analog video chain (and power rails) on various audio devices. DAC's (Digital to Analog Converters) for instance. After further improving on the performance of the Moome card the past few months, I've been trying some of the same techniques on CD players and such. And yes, the digital rails can also be improved for overall better performance.
_in_peace_

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. Dont know much about Electrohome, but is the Ultra feature in 9500LC your mod or is Ultra a stock model?
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Stock model. "Ultra" represents higher scan rates primarily and several other upgrades over the 9500 model.

The "LC" represents Liquid Coupling, that was available in both 8500LC and 9500LC. Non "LC" meant Air Coupled, that was only available on the 8500 model (8" tubes).
SPL800

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject: my barco 1209 Reply with quote

The horizontal band is only because of the picture taken with my Iphone.
on the screen there is no band.

barco test pic2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  427.63 KB
 Viewed:  12255 Time(s)

barco test pic2.png

_in_peace_

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! have you set up the phosphor grain sharpness?
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are also showing the PIP window that pops up during each pause. Same cheap camera.

I am doing somethings very different on the Moome, to include a near flat bandwidth and very fast 02 VIM that also contributes to a very clean (low noise) and no-peaking video chain.

mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, these three are showing the lower end of the range, with the previous ones being the top end. I'm calling this "Texture" range as it can also be seen as the previous being sharper. I'm looking at either making the range adjustable using the "Volume" adjustment on the remote, or to use three mini-pots that would have matching predetermined adjustments. Or of course, preset resistors, is also what I'm also using now. There is still no peaking involved here, though it appears to be so.

mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Switching up for a moment here.

mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pezzettino

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are some last shots of my chaine:

mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pezzettino, your shots look good, and it's good seeing you're still around these days. Is that still your marquee?
pezzettino

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Mike!
I'm glad you don't distinguish (but I don't believe it) that it isn't my old Marquee. It is a simple JVC DLA RS49 with a good calibration. I installed it some months ago because my Marquee has a serious problem. I asked your help but you didn't get me answer. So......
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember you ever asking for help, but would agree that you should move on to something less problematic at this point if the projector was as you said. The Marquee can still be a great projector to own. But for those who are not tech savvy and are not local to good support, it could make more sense to upgrade. Good seeing around again.
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I'll need to still have a few people over, because they still want to see what I have on the screen, and we need to discuss if they would want this version of the boards. They are far different from anything I've done before or has left here, yet I'll fire up the iron they can appreciate what I have now. Otherwise, I still to break down the test bed, with only having to fix that dreaded left edge banding problem, that I'll also like for them to have to really make a fully completed set. I have two that has been waiting on these, and a few others that's been pressing me to do a set or so for them. So I'm seeing this as getting back into selling mods again. Doing a lot of other stuff, to include working on audio stuff.

I've been using some of the same noise lowering techniques I've developed on audio stages and have been getting very similar results. But still prefer the video image, just don't want to keep picking up the soldering iron to make it happen.

My work had been under a lot of attacks over the past couple of years from a few, with them promising that they either had something better or would have something better. Somehow the people pushing me havn't been convince of there being something better. And I'm sure once they see what's on my screen, they're doubt there could be anything better. maybe digital could get close. But being able to have an exceptionally low noise video chain, that's also near flat in CLEAN bandwidth, would of course be the first and only of my knowing. That level of performance creates a very Clean and Transparent image. So my work is finally complete on the video chain. I only wish I could have developed what i have the past year, 20 years ago..Very Happy

oh and I have to do an entire projector, they insist, and for this customer, I'll make it happen. But it's audio and toher things from now on.

A few quick shots from a movie I was watching earlier. Nothing special though.

thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very greatfull that you are doing my new set with working remote and all. Will the set be an Ultra and what year was it made? IT doesn't mean a hell of a lot just wondering.

Ahh soon I will be able to Watch Movies again, been a long time.

Thanks Mike!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 124, 125, 126, 127, 128  Next
Page 125 of 128
Jump to: