Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

The official Curtpalme.com CRT screenshot thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 126, 127, 128  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pezzettino

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
mp20748 wrote:
pezzettino wrote:
I got a very good image after many hours of calibration but I'm not be able to take good pictures with my cameras
Can anyone help me to find the right settings?
Thanks

Get you a point and shoot camera, they are cheap (US $69.00 - 99.00) Fuji is good one to start with..

Once you get something worth using for the shots post back, or let us know what camera you're using.

I have a NIKON D50 but I choose the wrong settings probably
mp20748

TV/Projector: 9500LC Ultra / Super 02 and 03 VIM

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pezzettino wrote:
mp20748 wrote:
pezzettino wrote:
I got a very good image after many hours of calibration but I'm not be able to take good pictures with my cameras
Thanks

Get you a point and shoot camera, they are cheap (US $69.00 - 99.00) Fuji is good one to start with..

Once you get something worth using for the shots post back, or let us know what camera you're using.

Yep, you're going to have to spend some time finding the best settings. To start check your manual for getting the best low light or dark scenes. To include making sure your 'ISO' is 100 or lowest setting.
pezzettino

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mp20748 wrote:
pezzettino wrote:
mp20748 wrote:
pezzettino wrote:
Thanks

Yep, you're going to have to spend some time finding the best settings. To start check your manual for getting the best low light or dark scenes. To include making sure your 'ISO' is 100 or lowest setting.

This is the problem
My camera doesn't work under ISO 200
gregstv

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few shots from the Barco SEOS

SEOS13.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  58.81 KB
 Viewed:  7417 Time(s)

SEOS13.jpg

SEOS 12.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  86.34 KB

SEOS 12.jpg

SEOS14.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  288.25 KB

SEOS14.jpg

pezzettino

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pezzettino wrote:
mp20748 wrote:
pezzettino wrote:
mp20748 wrote:
pezzettino wrote:
Thanks

This is the problem
My camera doesn't work under ISO 200

My actual camera is a Canon Powershot sx400is
The settings are
Mode P
ISO 100
White bal. cloudy

But the pics are always very lightly blueness, livid
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pezzettino wrote:

My actual camera is a Canon Powershot sx400is
The settings are
Mode P
ISO 100
White bal. cloudy

But the pics are always very lightly blueness, livid

What does your camera manual say the "Mode P" is for?

And what other "white Balance" options are there?
pezzettino

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mp20748 wrote:

What does your camera manual say the "Mode P" is for?

And what other "white Balance" options are there?

The P mode is like personal or manual mode but only few settings are possible.
The white balance options are:

auto
day light
cloudy
tungst
fluoresc
fluoresc H
personal (very poor)
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the contrast is too low on a few of these..

thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LG BP240 Bluray player + ASUS GeForce STRIX GTX 960 2GB + Cooler Master G750M, 750W PSU ordered.. + Baraka bluray for the penny's left. Very Happy

I'm hoping that this beefed up power supply will resuscitate the computer, as it has been down for some time and still is, but also solve the weird blue on the left. I read somewhere that an underpowered PC can make the graphics card work overtime with all sorts of strange phenomena. Maybe that's it? Should know by Friday.
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what version Moome card are you using....or did I miss seeing what you use to convert HDMI to RGB.

thewolfman wrote:
LG BP240 Bluray player + ASUS GeForce STRIX GTX 960 2GB + Cooler Master G750M, 750W PSU ordered.. + Baraka bluray for the penny's left. Very Happy

I'm hoping that this beefed up power supply will resuscitate the computer, as it has been down for some time and still is, but also solve the weird blue on the left. I read somewhere that an underpowered PC can make the graphics card work overtime with all sorts of strange phenomena. Maybe that's it? Should know by Friday.
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mp20748 wrote:
And what version Moome card are you using....or did I miss seeing what you use to convert HDMI to RGB.

thewolfman wrote:

I figure I would hold on to your boards until the new V3 gets here, but for now it's the old V1 something. I'll send you the close ups of that particular card as soon as I fix the PC.
jbmeyer13

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewolfman wrote:
mp20748 wrote:

thewolfman wrote:

I figure I would hold on to your boards until the new V3 gets here, but for now it's the old V1 something. I'll send you the close ups of that particular card as soon as I fix the PC.

From personal experience I can tell you that if the Moome isn't tweaked it can prevent you from getting the best possible performance out of your setup and not do the MP chain justice. Kurt first mentioned this to me a while back as he was testing various Moome cards he has in his seemingly unending arsenal of Marquee parts. When I recently hooked up a pattern generator and began running 200+ MHz signals via RGBHV I started seeing differences from what my Oppo-Radiance-Moome was displaying. The pattern generator is the proper benchmark to evaluate BW since there's no HDMI B.S. to deal with and the signal is super clean. I realize that it's not possible for everyone to utilize a generator but it validates just how important each component is in a top performing video chain.

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbmeyer13 wrote:
thewolfman wrote:
mp20748 wrote:

thewolfman wrote:

From personal experience I can tell you that if the Moome isn't tweaked it can prevent you from getting the best possible performance out of your setup and not do the MP chain justice. Kurt first mentioned this to me a while back as he was testing various Moome cards he has in his seemingly unending arsenal of Marquee parts. When I recently hooked up a pattern generator and began running 200+ MHz signals via RGBHV I started seeing differences from what my Oppo-Radiance-Moome was displaying. The pattern generator is the proper benchmark to evaluate BW since there's no HDMI B.S. to deal with and the signal is super clean. I realize that it's not possible for everyone to utilize a generator but it validates just how important each component is in a top performing video chain.

I always wondered about those pattern generators.. care to share a link with what you've got?
jbmeyer13

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewolfman wrote:
jbmeyer13 wrote:
thewolfman wrote:
mp20748 wrote:

thewolfman wrote:

I always wondered about those pattern generators.. care to share a link with what you've got?

Kurt actually bought it off ebay and had it shipped to me to play with for a while. I think it's a Chroma 2337.

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My last untouched pics of new Marquee setup and calibration

The screen images are best. This is all that I'm able to get by my camera. Sorry
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pezzettino

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand!
It is a real war!
I hope to have the right guns
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pezzettino wrote:
I understand!
It is a real war!
I hope to have the right guns

No war at all. And you do have the right guns. It's just going to take time to get those images into the camera the way you'd want.

The thread is simple about posting shots period. Don't matter what display you own or what it looks like on here, because we know it's not easy to get that same image to show the same way it looks on the screen.

Stay with it..Thumbs Up
pezzettino

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was ironic
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine with me. just keep posting. You got my mods looking good, and I'm not being ironic.. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
Page 80 of 128
Jump to: