Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Silencing a Sony D50

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Design & Construction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bpb

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Silencing a Sony D50 Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
hey all,

i know the sony D50 isn't one off the loudest projectors out there, but i'd like it to be quiet!

it is soon going to be installed in the ceiling all the way up against my rearwall(wall between my bedroom and livingroom, its 3,5 inches thick).
so i have to cut a hole in my wall and ad a fan, i was thinking of cutting a square hole the size of the pj's rearend and make a ceil off rubber or silicone to make the connection tight!

The air intake is on the front of the pj, and i cant do anything to my ceiling!
do i duct that intake thought the backwall also or should i just leave the front open on the hushbox?

Can i change those fans to some that are more silent or woudnt it make a differens?

best regards

Panduro
bpb

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so now my D-50 is hanging from the ceiling Very Happy

so next part of the plan is to try to build a complely sealed hushbox, with air out though my back wall, air in though a 5 inch pipe from another hole in the back wall.

I planing on using a large computer fan for the air in, but how much air does it need to push to supply the pj with enough fresh air through a pipe thats 5 inch thick and 30 inches long with one soft 90Deg angle bend?

the 3 fans in the pj's air out will push air though 3 pipes of 4,5inch diameter and only 4 inch long pipes.

Do i need to use another fan than the pj's fanb for pulling the air out, or would that be overkill?

Best regards

Panduro
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Design & Construction All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: