Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Very cool Phase Linear website.. vintage junkies..;)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Very cool Phase Linear website.. vintage junkies..;) Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hey, by chance I stumbled across this site. I've met Ed who runs part of this site in person, I sold him an old Phase Linear amp I had as one of my first ebay sales in 1999. He's working for Boeing in Seattle now, and turned me onto the Boeing Surplus store where I bought my first five Barco 800s , four of which I flipped within 30 days.

"Hey, I'm onto something here" I thought, and a major piece of my legacy (???) begun.. Mr. Green

So here's to Ed and Dean for keeping another area of vintage audio alive... Thumbs Up

http://hometown.aol.com/PhaseTek/
WD-40

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phase Linear made some cool stuff. Solid, elegant, and straightforward. Unfortunately, not all of it was as reliable as we would like. Wink

I have an early 700 power amp... man that thing is a beast. If weight = quality, then this is the best amp in the world. Very Happy

I also have a 3000 Series II pre-amp.. but it required some extensive rework to make it operable. It had a whole line of relays, almost all of which were not making good connections anymore when I got it. It's not uncommon to see these on ebay either needing work, or just having had the relays replaced and the power supply reworked. Shocked

- David

P.S. - Boeing Surplus is gone now. Crying or Very sad http://www.saveboeingsurplus.com/ for more info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: