Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Sony VPL 1100ES says 100v to 240

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
incova

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:14 pm    Post subject: Sony VPL 1100ES says 100v to 240 Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
After many years of owning a barco 808 then an ampro 4300 then a ampro 4600 I went to the other side, sorry!

I managed to get a hold of a Sony VPL VW100ES from the U.S.

When I got it it stated on a sticker on the side,

100 - 240v 5.1-2.1A 50.60hz

So, simple question as I am a simple person.

Can I just take out the U.S lead and put a 3 amp fused UK lead into the projector directly as we are told to round up in the UK as I think it pulls 480 watts and our voltage is 230? The lead is one you use in a PC so I have one handy.

My assumption is that the projector has a SMPS in it that handles the voltage changes so they can ship out internationally with no worries and have that label on the side but would be glad if anyone can clarify if I am correct or just being hopeful?

I remember having to change out the fuses on the PSU on the Ampro with guidance from the forum here.

Basically I trust you guys more than anyone in the other forums so thats why I am asking here!

incova

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:24 pm    Post subject: checked Reply with quote

Just an update, yes you can, thread can be closed.
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What no more Ampro for you? Very Happy

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: