Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

need help ! NEC PG XTRA start problem system PWC

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CathodeRayFan

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:58 pm    Post subject: need help ! NEC PG XTRA start problem system PWC Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
urgently need help from NEC professionals ! Confused My 6PGXTRA system starts (warmUp) normally. As soon as I press on "static" where you can normally set the convergence, it breaks in 1 sec. Clock and restart, collapse, restart. The time display (on start) / also no longer appears. BigCap is okay (5,4V ) Error is on the system board. Can it be EEProm ? If so? Reset, how ? EEPROM Exchange ? Board looks perfect otherwise, all capacitors checked, all in order, no leaking. I borrowed another systemboard for the test and the pojector run perfectly. Error is 100% only on the system board.
does anyone have a hint ? Very Happy Don't want to scrap my otherwise very well preserved NEC yet Sad many thanks !!

PostLink    Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, can you explain what happens more accurately?
View user's photo album (1 photos)
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why I threw out all things NEC about 5 years ago. Leaking caps all over the place caused lots of problems with these sets. Check for leaking caps on the system board, but likely if you have that, they have eaten away at PC board traces rendering the board unrepairable. I've seen your problem more than once, including with my little run test chassis. Spent a few hours trying to fix it, but gave up and threw it out.
CathodeRayFan

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:36 am    Post subject: Problem fixed ! Reply with quote

hello dear community. Problem has been fixed. Ic301 fixed voltage regulator was unstable. Have now used a 7812 with 1A. Works fantastic. On the occasion the 4288 exchanged for a 5047 and be sure to drain the coolant or better change it. Ideal MEG 80% glycerine 20%. Leave the air bubble ! Almost ALL the projectors I saw didn't have them and sooner or later the tube burst after a movie night in the summer.
Now the whole machine doesn't get so hot anymore. Yesterday almost 4 hours of non stop movies watched, picture is really fantastic, there is no Electrohome or Sony coming along. 280" picture, full phosphor used, Machine does not get hot. Ground projection. Temperature inside before 79C/ 174F. Now only 52C/152F. A few weeks ago, the thermal compound at the STīs was also renewed everywhere. The capacitors are all still perfect, now no longer a great danger due to heat. I think it is important to eliminate the heat problem and to operate the machines as much as possible on floor projection, not in midsummer under the ceiling in the attic Smile Greetings to all, and if you have shipping spare parts left just a PM Thumbs Up

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: