Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Marquee Lens options and video chain for a blend

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Melifluonze

TV/Projector: 9500LC Ultra

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:39 pm    Post subject: Marquee Lens options and video chain for a blend Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I could have sworn there was a document or link somewhere that summarized all of the lens options for the Marquee. Like why you'd use each one, what the capabiities were, throw distances, etc... Anyone know where it is?

I'm trying to set up a blend. Screen is an Elite AT, 1.0 gain, 138" diagonal, 2.35:1 (126.9" x 54"). Each 9500LC Ultra would project a 71" x 54" 4x3 image with a 12% blend zone.

I'd like the projectors as close to the screen as possible, with full 4:3 rasters, using all available phosphor. I'll only be projecting 2.35:1 on this. 16x9, etc, uses a different projector.

Any idea on the best lenses to use? The Ultras are recent, NIB, with HD-10L's installed. I can use those or GT17's or HD-10E's...

I'm looking at the following chains, since I have most of the components...:

Lumagen 2144 -> Moome Mux -> DVX 8022 DVI in -> Extron 202xi -> 9500LC VIM

Lumagen 2144 -> TVOne -> Moome HD HDMI input modules for the Marquee

I've been reading a lot, but any opinions are welcome!!!! It looks like if I did this right, it could be 3840 across both projectors, but I'd have to use something else other than the 2144 to split the 4K and feed two TVOnes 1080p24... maybea later Radiece Pro can do that?

I'm planning to stick with stand-alone solutions, so no HTPC stuff, if you wouldn't mind....

Thanks!

We STILL don't need no stinkin' 7.1!
Tim in Phoenix

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys!

Some of the considerations are that each lens type has a minimum and maximum focusable distance to screen. Different signals at different H scan rates have maximum raster widths on the tube face, and on the screen. Different signals have different timing for how many pixels are visible in each scan line. The throw distance charts in Marquee manuals also factored in displaying NTSC video, so those charts usually have the projector too far back.

Any questions? LOL
gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your Marquees are a say post 2008 VDC made then you most likely have the "new-style" Elcan HD10L lenses which are quite good to start with.
Also if you have that new Marquees you may want to consider to revert the neckboards to the old style, if you haven't done that so far...

View user's photo album (1 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Marquee Lens options and video chain for a blend Reply with quote

Melifluonze wrote:
I could have sworn there was a document or link somewhere that summarized all of the lens options for the Marquee. Like why you'd use each one, what the capabiities were, throw distances, etc... Anyone know where it is?

If it's anywhere it'll be mentioned here: http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2761

Or possibly in the Marquee manuals/downloads here: http://www.curtpalme.com/ElectrohomeMarquee_Downloads.shtm

Maybe this one?:

Electrohome Marquee Throw Distance and HD-10L/HD-10GT17/HD-10GT26 Lens Information 0.1mb

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
ElTopo

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What TV One units are you planning to use ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: