Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Apple ruins the hollidays for Peanuts

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Movie & Media Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:05 am    Post subject: Apple ruins the hollidays for Peanuts Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Apple stold the rights to all the Charlie brown TV specials. Previously on ABC since 2000 and CBS before that.

This will be the first year since 1966 that broadcast won't get "It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" 2020 FTW

Best youtube comment about it:

By: tc mora
5 days ago
apple: I GOT A CHOCOLATE BAR!
7 billion people: we got a rock

I hope apple gets worms this Halloween!

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So CBS owned the rights from the initial year (1966) until 2000, showing it with commercials to turn a profit.
In 2001 ABC purchased the rights and showed it until 2019, again with commercials to turn a profit.
Now Apple has purchased the right and will be showing it in 2020 on their Apple TV+ streaming service, with no commercials as it's a streaming service you pay for monthly/yearly.

Not sure how you can say Apple "stole" the rights. No different than what ABC did in 2001.

It's just yet another example of everything is shifting away from broadcast TV to streaming, for better or for worse depending on your point of view. I vote for better myself. Less cost, less equipment, less power consumption, more content, and (mostly) no commercials.

We subscribe to 4 different streaming services and the total is less than we used to pay for cable/satellite back in the day. Never mind the equipment cost difference too. Hell, I had bought two HD satellite receivers around 2000 time frame for well over $1000! (Bell ExpressVu). Specialized equipment that only worked with their network. Today you can buy a streaming stick for $50. That's less than the price of a replacement remote for one of those satellite TV boxes, uses less than 1/10th the power, and has free apps for dozens of services.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Movie & Media Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: