Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

I've now sold off all my Marquee stuff

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:06 am    Post subject: I've now sold off all my Marquee stuff Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Its official, after some good haggling, I have sold off all my remaining Marquee stuff, including the test chassis, all tubes and all boards, hardware and case parts to forum member

goappsgo92

who recently joined. He's based out of South Carolina. I'll let him post whatever contact info he wants in this thread, or you can PM him here.

Everything will ship out early next week. It's 3-4 skids worth of stuff.

So, your go-to people now for Marquee stuff is either Goappsgo92, or Tim Martin in Scottsdale, Az.

Cheers!
Goappsgo92

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: I've now sold off all my Marquee stuff Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
Its official, after some good haggling, I have sold off all my remaining Marquee stuff, including the test chassis, all tubes and all boards, hardware and case parts to forum member

goappsgo92

who recently joined. He's based out of South Carolina. I'll let him post whatever contact info he wants in this thread, or you can PM him here.

So, your go-to people now for Marquee stuff is either Goappsgo92, or Tim Martin in Scottsdale, Az.

Cheers!

Thanks Curt and hello everyone!

I’m definitely new to this forum and to CRT projectors, but I’ve been an avid collector of vintage electronics for decades. I’m very familiar with CRT monitors and televisions, having restored many 1970’s and 1980’s era arcade games and pinball machines.

Lately, I’ve spent the last three years collecting and restoring video game consoles which some of you may know has a very healthy mod community. I will talk more about this in the future.

It will take me a few months to organize and catalog the items I have purchased, but I do intend to offer items to assist collectors in maintaining their machines at some point. In the meantime, please PM me if you are looking for anything or you are interested in selling projector parts in bulk at wholesale.

Please be patient if I do not respond immediately. I am employed full time as a VP of Sales and Marketing at a large company that builds blue water commercial vessels and railroad assets. While I’m not traveling as much as I used to as a result of the pandemic, it’s still very busy for me during the work week, but I will check this forum as much as I can.

Thanks again!
Tim in Phoenix

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me!

Call me me me me me LOL. I have nearly every part, and 28 years experience on Marquees; possibly the only Electroohome dealer here.

Open 7 days a week. Text please before phoning or you just might get ignored.

Tim Martin, E-Tech Systems Scottsdale

480 253 2781 please text me first or ehometech8022@yahoo.com\0
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: I've now sold off all my Marquee stuff Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:

goappsgo92

Cheers!

wow, Curt, can't hardly believe it. Surprised
are you out of CRT entirely or just Electrohome?
View user's photo album (2 photos)
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, over 20 years in a technology that was dead when I started, more or less. it bought me my house, and I had a lot of fun for 15 of those years. Wink

I got a good offer from Stephen for my E'home stuff, so I sent him 3 pallets worth. (of course the week that they got sent out, I got 3 emails wanting parts. I referred those to him and Tim.

I still have some Barco stuff, but am about to dump the rest of my Sony parts as well. Have had one call for G70 parts in the last year, and while it took me forever to get back to him, he never responded after sending me an email last week. So, may as well dump it so I have more room for reel to reel tape deck parts.

I'll support Barco for a few more years yet, but only have a 909 test chassis at this point.
Tim in Phoenix

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL

They will find me on the floor clutching a Marquee remote in each hand.........and a big grin!
harry27

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt it's good to hear you still have some Sony parts left. My Sony G90 which has sadly has lost a lot of focus controls, so it either needs a board replacement or board repair. I plan to make a post about it soon.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's either going to be the YA board (microprocessor) or the focus board. My bet is on the YA board, I had that on a set here as well, although all other functions worked fine.
harry27

PostLink    Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that's what I heard, specifically the IC421 on the YA board. If the issue is the focus board then idk how that would be repaired unless if I replaced the whole board (or somehow found a guy willing to recap it). But I agree with you Curt that the YA board is probably the issue since it's a pretty well known problem with the G90.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk to Craig Rounds. You will need to replace the board. I may have a spare one here as well.
HaydnG90

PostLink    Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure sounds like the YA. Double check the serial number on the chip. There is one with the defect. Can't be fixed and requires a new YA.
harry27

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HaydnG90 could I check the serial number on the side of the projector or in the menu to figure out if my YA is a defective model or do I really need to pop open the hood and check the chip? I'm not too confident working inside a CRT projector, I know there are parts with high voltages but I'm going to assume that the YA Board is not located near those high voltage areas.

Thankfully I know a guy who is very skilled with CRT TV/monitor repair so he'd probably be willing to look into it.
HaydnG90

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to remove the YA from its tray. Its not close to any high voltages and accessed after rear panel removal. The SN is printed on the chip itself. See details in Craigs Ebay listing

https://www.ebay.com/?mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&siteid=0&campid=5336656890&toolid=20008&mkevt=1
digitalayon

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:02 pm    Post subject: I am a month late to the party. Reply with quote

15-20 years is great.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

harry27 wrote:
HaydnG90 could I check the serial number on the side of the projector or in the menu to figure out if my YA is a defective model or do I really need to pop open the hood and check the chip? I'm not too confident working inside a CRT projector, I know there are parts with high voltages but I'm going to assume that the YA Board is not located near those high voltage areas.

Thankfully I know a guy who is very skilled with CRT TV/monitor repair so he'd probably be willing to look into it.

He won't be able to repair it. You need a new YA board. Many of us tried to repair it when they started failing, including engineers that tried reverse engineering the chip. IC421 is a D-A converter chip, designed by Sony for Sony for the G90 only. Sony ran out of stock about 15 years ago. They are not available.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: