Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

CRT with deflection mirror possible ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mp20748

TV/Projector: 9500LC Ultra / Super 02 and 03 VIM

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
[quote="pureaudio"]

How do the filament glow get through the cover?[/quote]

Who am I answering this for....can you reveal who you really are to put an end to what appears to be Trolling.

pureaudio

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mp20748 wrote:
pureaudio wrote:

How do the filament glow get through the cover?

Who am I answering this for....can you reveal who you really are to put an end to what appears to be Trolling.

Its a very simple question, why would you call that trolling? Your logic dont make sense to me, so im just breaking it down in pieces for you to explain, i simply dont understand how the filament light is able to reach the screen or mirror.

If you dont know the answer, please just say so, no need to get personal.
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I had mentioned a Cube Setup, I figured I should post an image of what a Cube looks like. You'll be able to see the three main screens and the floor. The floor is being projected from an over head mirror, where a digital projector is also mounted that fires directly into the mirror to floor setup. This particular shot is one I had to take to confirm certain aspects of the setup was properly done on completion. Do note the last black bar on the Step Test pattern.

Oh and you would not believe the actual struggle required to get those convergence grid lines all matched up using at that time no convergence in the menu DLP Digital Projectors.

DSU Cube.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  79.83 KB
 Viewed:  5251 Time(s)

DSU Cube.jpg

mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The attached shot gives an idea of a "not Perfect black" rear Stereo (left and right stack mount digital projectors) projector setup for each of the screens.

This is what was called Stereoscopic. Where each of the two stacked projectors represented right eye - left eye.

Best Low end performance was not a requirement for this setup, but a still a basically darkened area was definitely for those small digital projectors.

P&G.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  74.76 KB
 Viewed:  5245 Time(s)

P&G.jpg

mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the attached shot here is of one of the jobs I maintained that was using three rear (single) Christie Digital (later model at that time) Mirage DLP projectors. It was a three image mirror bounce BLEND setup that used the the Christie Digital SPYDER Blend processor, that projected on an 40 foot wide glass screen.

I would always get asked how did the get that screen into that room. The answer was, when the building was going up, they used a screen to lift the screen up to an open window (window not yet installed). The screen was also very well boxed in wood. That install was at an university. I have more shots that are not easily accessible that shows what's behind the screens and a finished Blend Job. I would also have an larger shot of that same scene that I've posted before.

This setup and the previous two would require special 3D glasses when the system was being used in the Stereo/Immersive mode. Stereo here means Left Eye/Right Eye

ODU.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  17.32 KB
 Viewed:  5243 Time(s)

ODU.jpg

pureaudio

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mp20748 could you share how the filament light gets to the mirrors/ screen on these setups above, and how thats relevant to a front projector setup with 1 mirror and 1 screen ?
jask

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pureaudio, I suspect that English is not your first language, and that potentially can create ambiguity and confusion... for example if I ask a child why the sky is blue they will give me a different answer than person trained in Physics, and they both will give me a different answer than an Ophthalmologist .... to avoid wasting everyone's time the answer is dependent on not only the person giving it, but the person who it is being explained to, and understanding what level of granularity is required.
Given your unwillingness to share any information about yourself or your project, why would you expect others to share with you?

are you the Pureaudio from Surat?
View user's photo album (4 photos)
pureaudio

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jask wrote:
Pureaudio, I suspect that English is not your first language, and that potentially can create ambiguity and confusion... for example if I ask a child why the sky is blue they will give me a different answer than person trained in Physics, and they both will give me a different answer than an Ophthalmologist .... to avoid wasting everyone's time the answer is dependent on not only the person giving it, but the person who it is being explained to, and understanding what level of granularity is required.
Given your unwillingness to share any information about yourself or your project, why would you expect others to share with you?

are you the Pureaudio from Surat?

Who i am and my origin is not a part of the topic and is personal, i have shared it in a detailed post on this site that was deleted, as it was not allowed to post that information, so if you want to know you will have to ask Kal to put that post back in place and ill link and copy past to it whenever anyone asks, for now you will have to take that with the moderators, if i post it i got the feeling i would get banned from this site. Been asked multiple times in all threads i posted in now, most posts been deleted, so please dont go there.

About the topic, i dont think its a issue with my limited english skills, i think the general problem is that mp has stated that a mirror setup introduce elevated black, and reduced light output, later he explained the elevated black to be the filament glow lighting up the screen.

I have never been able to see the filament glow through the CRT cover, and dont think its hard to understand the question.

How is the black level elevated in a mirror setup, and why is the filament glow/ light a problem in a mirror setup.

If you understand how its possible, please share.
garyfritz

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude. You are fixating on a ridiculous detail. MP just mentioned that ANY light source, even the glow a tube filament, would compromise the results. OBVIOUSLY if the tubes are inside an opaque case, none of that filament light will escape to have any effect. Just like the bright lights in another room won't affect it.
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pureaudio wrote:
i have shared it in a detailed post on this site that was deleted, as it was not allowed to post that information , so if you want to know you will have to ask Kal to put that post back in place

*sigh* you've said this before and I've replied before, but to be clear about it, you never posted anything about yourself. You posted rants that we asked you to remove. There was never anything about you.

If you want to post about yourself, please do so. Don't use this "I already did" excuse for a 3rd or 4th time as you did not. Please post away about yourself if you like.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
pureaudio

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys your so sweet, Kal could you get ecrabb to moderate that old post that was deleted where i told where i was from, how i know who and what i know, i think he would be a better man for the job, Curt and you seems a bit jumpy, already got a final warning, i dont want to push the MrRoCo button on myself

You posted this on last page, maybe you could edit it with "this is the CRT and group attack Pureaudio sub-forum"

kal wrote:

This is the "CRT Projectors" sub-forum, for discussing CRT projectors.

mp has shared some great points how the thread starter should not build a cube with 18 uncovered filaments elevating the black like they did 25 years ago, we can all learn from his mistakes, and it can never be repeated to often.

Ill just add a bonus.

These days smart phones should stay in your pocket while watching the movie, the display light totally destroy the black level, even in a well treated HT room without mirrors on the walls Wink
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pureaudio wrote:
Guys your so sweet, Kal could you get ecrabb to moderate that old post that was deleted where i told where i was from, how i know who and what i know, i think he would be a better man for the job

Again, I read all the old info you posted. We logged it all. You posted nothing specific about yourself. Since you're pushing the subject here's exactly what you posted in that different thread back in November 2020:

pureaudio wrote:
I happen to read on that other forum as well, it seems a lot of your banned members are presented there, and there is some interesting opinions about this forum, now that you have posted the link i can only recommend others to go check it out, both regarding CRT and Digitals, as the members there seems to know more and be more helpful without any expectations of financial support, even new members or passive members can post there as there is no Kal or Curt Palme over there afraid of someone they banned in the past pops up again.

Do you have a idea why the kind of information this thread is about can be found over there and not here?

Did you ban your own moderator as well?

ecrabb has not logged into this forum since april 2017. any idea why?

This comment was argumentative and had nothing to do with the topic being discussed so I changed it to: Argumentative OT post against the website owner and mods removed. Please stay [at least reasonably] on topic and be nice to others. See the forum rules.

Then you posted immediately again within the hour:

pureaudio wrote:
Your pushing the subject about banned members, but on the other hand you edit/ delete it if the answer do not fit you, just as the post with my reply that you want me to link to was deleted, so if i post it again will you promise not to delete it again?

The moderator is always right as he have the power to delete whatever prove him wrong.

This was also argumentative and had nothing to do with the topic so I changed it to: Second argumentative OT post removed.

Keep in mind that any other forum would have banned you immediately without warning for being an argumentative troll like this.

Quote:
You posted this on last page, maybe you could edit it with "this is the CRT and group attack Pureaudio sub-forum"

Here you go again. If someone else posted elitist and condescending comments like the ones I asked you to change on the last page they would also be warned to play nice. You've had about a dozen warnings here so far. Others have already asked to have you booted. Keep it up and you will be booted.

Kal

jask

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that clears up all missunderstandings. Right?
Kal has shared facts and you continue to do the weasel dance.... Do you have anything to contribute to this forum or are you just a troll? You want to challenge and dispute, disparage and deflect.. but bring nothing.
You have ..what? 30 posts... And are referencing RoCo...? And joined the forum back around the same time he left.... Half a decade ago..from what I can see you bring nothing to the table beyond a hope for a laser based projection system...
So... Tell us about yourself.... ?
View user's photo album (4 photos)
pureaudio

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal thats not the post im referring to, the right one i told who i am where im from and so on, so that will be in your backup somewhere, you might also be able to recreate it and put it in context. Thanks for helping getting it back up on the forum.

Anyone have a opinion about the subject discussed in this thread?

See some off-topic heroes moved out of the off-topic just to know who i am.

So im thinking i could try make some naughty pictures of myself rubbed in CRT glycol, i get the feeling that could turn some of you on, and we could get some positive vibes back into this forum.

How naked should i be, and do you prefer clear or tinted glycol, and to keep it relevant to the me and mirror topic going on, i could shoot a selfie from a mirror.

Getting excited already ??

Now ill also like to know you guys, so now we are at it let me know who you are.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pureaudio wrote:
Kal thats not the post im referring to, the right one i told who i am where im from and so on, so that will be in your backup somewhere, you might also be able to recreate it and put it in context. Thanks for helping getting it back up on the forum.

That post never existed, at least I can't find it. Feel free to post again with a sentence or two explaining who you are and where you're from. That would be simple. So far you've posted 5-10x as much just to say over and over again that you already posted this info but nobody here remembers seeing it. Wink

Quote:
So im thinking i could try make some naughty pictures of myself rubbed in CRT glycol, i get the feeling that could turn some of you on, and we could get some positive vibes back into this forum.

That should go in the OT forum. Wink

Kal

pureaudio

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
pureaudio wrote:

That post never existed, at least I can't find it. Feel free to post again with a sentence or two explaining who you are and where you're from. That would be simple. So far you've posted 5-10x as much just to say over and over again that you already posted this info but nobody here remembers seeing it. Wink

Quote:

That should go in the OT forum. Wink

Kal

Im not going to repost anything deleted, i know how these gang rapes works, i repost it Curt will be back and ban me for posting it, why would a moderator delete it, and in every thread ask the question over and over again, this is not the first thread you are doing it, and never seen this kind of moderator and gang culture in any respected forums.

So if you want to post it, its fine with me, if you cant find it ask another moderators to help you.

Obviously nobody hear really knows what the actual topic is really about, and can relate to the problem discussed, so you create a off-topic fuzz to cover up your ignorance.

Personally ill never post in the off-topic section, think thats only for pedofiles, racists, political and religious half wits. And just to be absolutely clear thats non of your fine gentelmen on this forum, so dont get insulted by that remark, just to explain why im not going to share my naughty pictures in that section of the forum.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pureaudio wrote:
Im not going to repost anything deleted, i know how these gang rapes works, i repost it Curt will be back and ban me for posting it, why would a moderator delete it, and in every thread ask the question over and over again, this is not the first thread you are doing it, and never seen this kind of moderator and gang culture in any respected forums.

Curt can't ban you by himself. All mods have to be involved and give the "ok".

That said, if you post who you are and it gets you banned, it has to be because you're simply a previous banned member. Like every other forum out there banned members are not allowed sign up again under a new name, for the obvious reasons.

Kal

pureaudio

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
pureaudio wrote:

Curt can't ban you by himself. All mods have to be involved and give the "ok".

That said, if you post who you are and it gets you banned, it has to be because you're simply a previous banned member. Like every other forum out there banned members are not allowed sign up again under a new name, for the obvious reasons.

Kal

So that means you will have to ask ecrabb as well?

How is he feeling about all this mess your creating in every thread i post in, do he think its professional behavior to do personal confrontation in a public thread on the forum?

Is it possible to get you banned?
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pureaudio wrote:
So that means you will have to ask ecrabb as well?

He hasn't been a mod here for years. See the list of mods in the main forum.

Quote:
How is he feeling about all this mess your creating in every thread i post in, do he think its professional behavior to do personal confrontation in a public thread on the forum? Is it possible to get you banned?

Everyone here gets treated equally. If someone is a dick and doesn't play well with others, they may get called on it. If you don't want to get called out repeatedly, stop being a dick.

So with that said, your account's been locked (likely not the first time as you appear to be a previously banned member). You post way too many argumentative and caustic OT posts against the website owner, mods, and others.

Kal

garyfritz

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd almost guess he was Phil's sock puppet, but it's not his style. Different form of being-a-dickery.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: