Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Sony IFB 11 Progressve Scan Jumpers, 1272Q Resolution

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me-Machines

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:07 pm    Post subject: Sony IFB 11 Progressve Scan Jumpers, 1272Q Resolution Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hey everyone,

My Sony VPH 1272Q has an IFB 11 card. All interlaced inputs seem fine but I can't seem to get progressive scan resolutions to display, mostly focused on 480P. I read that on IFB 12 cards moving the jumpers from Sync to Video allows both signals to work. Would this be the same for the 11?

My devices are ran through an Extron Crosspoint to output RGBHV. Specific examples:

-Sega Dreamcast VGA -> Outputs a 480P signal. The splash screen shows up but everything else stops displaying or appears distorted. I believe the splash outputs in 480i. The system is fine as it works with composite outputs.

-Sony Playstation 2 Scart -> 480i and 1080i fine, but 480P has the same issues.

Also having this issue:

-Xbox 360 VGA -> 640x480 and 848x480 work, higher resolutions cause all 3 tubes to distort out of calibration/convergence. The picture is clear, just needs re-calibrated. Changing the resolution back to the lower ones resolves everything. I'd like to use the higher res options but I'm wondering why this is occurring. Higher outputs are: 1024x768, 1280x720, and 1360x768. IT can do 1920x1080 but I know that won't resolve properly so I'd like to get 720P if possible.

Any help is appreciated!
Me-Machines

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: I tried changing jumper 3 from SYNC to Video which resulted in no picture at all so I changed it back. Thinking it might be a sync issue, I connected an Extron Rxi to and bam, problem solved. Must have been a composite sync issue.

For the Xbox I wasn't sure if re-calibrating the image would affect my other devices (since they are not on a switch, just the Extron changing the feed to input A) but I took the risk and it thankfully saved the settings for only that resolution. Thought about deleting this post since I solved it on my own but I'll leave it in case anyone comes across these issues in the future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: