Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Sony 07MP(B) VPH-1271QM PJ Blue tube needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrCRTing

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:39 pm    Post subject: Sony 07MP(B) VPH-1271QM PJ Blue tube needed Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi all.

Been away for long time from the forums as my workhorse 1271qm PJ has been working great for the last 7 years however.

The last few days the blue has been going dim to off them back on again to then repeat, a thump to the unit cures for a while then back to intermittent.

Today blue not come on and no output at all, green and red are fine.

Ripped her off the ceiling in 5 bits and to my horror found the heater in blue tube open circuit, no orange glow, got voltage sitting across pins on tube base, on ohms its open circuit.

So old faithful is out of service )o: she's dead Jim!

I have a brand new red and green both boxed in original sony boxes but never managed to pick up a blue.

Anyone out there especially in UK got a new 07MP(B) tube going or even a good used one?

Like looking for hens teeth, blood from stone, rocking horse poo I know buy worth the post.

Cheers

CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's super rare, to the point I've never seen it before. Try swapping the CRT socket between tubes. I had a G90 once where the solder joint to the CRT filament pins on the small PC board had a hairline crack around it, causing exactly what you describe.
MrCRTing

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
that's super rare, to the point I've never seen it before. Try swapping the CRT socket between tubes. I had a G90 once where the solder joint to the CRT filament pins on the small PC board had a hairline crack around it, causing exactly what you describe.

Hi Curt

Thanks for your reply, I've stuck multimeter on the 2 pins on the tube out of the PJ its open circuit, got a new one out of box to measure (save taking another tube out of PJ) and that's good / confirmed the correct pins.

Cheers

John

CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, OK!
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still need one? Clearing shop, and I found a nice condition 07MP blue and red here with minimal wear. $20 USD for the pair, and figure on $65 for shipping on the blue tube, and probably $80-90 USd for both of them, well packed in one box.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: