Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Sony G-70

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matrix

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:30 pm    Post subject: Sony G-70 Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
SOLD*SOLD*SOLD*SOLD*SOLD*SOLD* PENDING PICK UP

Statement: I have a Sony G-70 in really decent shape with a couple VDC rebuilds and a factory tube, another set of new Panasonic spare tubes, a whole set of spare boards from a working set, Moome HDMI IFB board, a Sony switcher full of IFB's, Chief ceiling mount, Sony cables for the switcher, a whole bunch of BNC to VGA cables. Also have a spare set of stock lenses, the lenses on the set are the upgraded color corrected ones. Service manuals, bottles of glycol;, Sony remote control too. The set has maybe 200 hours on the tubes and was set up and re-tubed by Terry Ferintinos a few tears ago. Now the real question: Is this stuff worth finding a home for or should I take it all to the electronics recycling center for burial? I hate just pitching all of this after the expense and passion over the years put into it. Open to suggestions and any interest for all or part. Items are located in Indianapolis, Indiana. Thanks, Dennis

Last edited by Matrix on Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
AFryia

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah! I was just in Evansville last month.

I've been on the look-out for a green tube for years.

Now I'm not sure I want to bother anymore.

I say give it time, the right person will happen along.

Diopter_Doctor

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Sony G-70 Reply with quote

Matrix wrote:
Statement: I have a Sony G-70... Now the real question: Is this stuff worth finding a home for or should I take it all to the electronics recycling center for burial? I hate just pitching all of this after the expense and passion over the years put into it. Open to suggestions and any interest for all or part. Items are located in Indianapolis, Indiana. Thanks, Dennis

What perfect timing!

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42229&highlight=

I'll be in Evansville/Mt. Vernon this Thurs-Saturday without a vehicle if you'll be nearby.

I really need a DC board.
Newer tubes would be nice too.

Any chance you'd mail some things to SC?
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:32 am    Post subject: Re: Sony G-70 Reply with quote

Matrix wrote:
Statement: I have a Sony G-70 in really decent shape with a couple VDC rebuilds and a factory tube, another set of new Panasonic spare tubes, a whole set of spare boards from a working set, Moome HDMI IFB board, a Sony switcher full of IFB's, Chief ceiling mount, Sony cables for the switcher, a whole bunch of BNC to VGA cables. Also have a spare set of stock lenses, the lenses on the set are the upgraded color corrected ones. Service manuals, bottles of glycol;, Sony remote control too. The set has maybe 200 hours on the tubes and was set up and re-tubed by Terry Ferintinos a few tears ago. Now the real question: Is this stuff worth finding a home for or should I take it all to the electronics recycling center for burial? I hate just pitching all of this after the expense and passion over the years put into it. Open to suggestions and any interest for all or part. Items are located in Indianapolis, Indiana. Thanks, Dennis

Hmmm you're only about 6 hours from me....

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Matrix

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All still available. Maybe the analog stuff will come back in popularity as vinyl albums and 35mm film cameras. But in the mean time, willing to consider driving to meet someone half way. Take it all for $200

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matrix wrote:
All still available. Maybe the analog stuff will come back in popularity as vinyl albums and 35mm film cameras. But in the mean time, willing to consider driving to meet someone half way. Take it all for $200

I'm in SC so I doubt you'd drive almost 5 hours.
But if you'd be willing to ship of some of the boards and/or the tubes, let me know.
thehockeytowner

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM sent.

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sony G70 and all associated parts are sold and pending pickup. Thank You Brian! thehockeytowner
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, a new guy getting into CRT?

CRT.

HD done right!
thehockeytowner

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying to now, been wanting to for a long time Very Happy

I've been into direct-view Sony CRT monitors (PVMs and BVMs) for a couple years now, but I think projectors are just orders of magnitude more interesting. I'll post a proper introduction once I take delivery!

Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you will. Great set to compliment your collection. If he hadn't sold it by the time the virus ban was lifted I was going to pick it up.

Of course I'd rather see it goto someone with no projector. I have a 'few' already.

Welcome to the forum and to CRT projection.

What PVM and BVM's do you have ?

CRT.

HD done right!
thehockeytowner

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnalogRocks wrote:
Yes you will. Great set to compliment your collection. If he hadn't sold it by the time the virus ban was lifted I was going to pick it up.

Of course I'd rather see it goto someone with no projector. I have a 'few' already.

Thank you for the warm welcome, AnalogRocks Smile

My "daily driver" is a PVM-1954Q that was nearly unusable when I bought it. I traded some emails with savon-pat/Pat Gravier and got it working again, about 85-90%. Then I started studying the schematics in the service manual, and little by little have brought it back to, I'd say 95%.

Lately I've been working on a PVM-14M2MDU on and off, and then on the back burner is a PVM-20M4U.

Last year I had the chance to get a non-working BVM-D20F1U but an acquaintance rang me asking if he should get it and, not wanting to throw him under the bus, I convinced him to. But I never did find out what became of it, he sorta fell out of contact and has not responded any time I've reached out.

I'm always on the lookout for a PVM-20L5 or another -D20F1U but the asking prices are absolutely bonkers right now, at least the ones on the "big auction site".

Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thehockeytowner wrote:
AnalogRocks wrote:

Thank you for the warm welcome, AnalogRocks Smile

My "daily driver" is a PVM-1954Q that was nearly unusable when I bought it. I traded some emails with savon-pat/Pat Gravier and got it working again, about 85-90%. Then I started studying the schematics in the service manual, and little by little have brought it back to, I'd say 95%.

Lately I've been working on a PVM-14M2MDU on and off, and then on the back burner is a PVM-20M4U.

Last year I had the chance to get a non-working BVM-D20F1U but an acquaintance rang me asking if he should get it and, not wanting to throw him under the bus, I convinced him to. But I never did find out what became of it, he sorta fell out of contact and has not responded any time I've reached out.

I'm always on the lookout for a PVM-20L5 or another -D20F1U but the asking prices are absolutely bonkers right now, at least the ones on the "big auction site".

Yeah looking back at all the stuff I passed on. I kick myself.

I have 3, a 14" an 8" and a 5 " just before the retro-gaming thing happened and cranked up the prices. I don't have a G70 but do have a D50.

Also some G520 CRT PC monitors. Although one I just powered on after a long time started arking:(

CRT.

HD done right!
thehockeytowner

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnalogRocks wrote:

I have 3, a 14" an 8" and a 5 " just before the retro-gaming thing happened and cranked up the prices. I don't have a G70 but do have a D50.

Also some G520 CRT PC monitors. Although one I just powered on after a long time started arking:(

Right on, it's crazy how one begets two, two begets three, etc.

How is gaming on the D50, if you game on it?

Sorry to hear about the G520 arcing Sad but I do love those Trinitron PC monitors. There's an HP-rebadged FW900 in East Lansing but it's for trade only Mad

Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thehockeytowner wrote:
AnalogRocks wrote:

Right on, it's crazy how one begets two, two begets three, etc.

How is gaming on the D50, if you game on it?

Sorry to hear about the G520 arcing Sad but I do love those Trinitron PC monitors. There's an HP-rebadged FW900 in East Lansing but it's for trade only Mad

Light gun games didn't work off the PS2 on the D50 but I played MANY hours of GTA5 on the PS3. My screen is a Stewart Studiotech 1.3 110" 4:3. Blurays look good on that system.

See if you can score that HP FW900. Awesome monitors. I need 7 Smile

Gaming on the G520P is amazing. 1600x1200 at 100hz

CRT.

HD done right!
HaydnG90

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back when CRT was king I had a Sony Profeel 27" KX-27PS1 with that funky detachable glass panel outboard speakers and control box. Back in the 80's it was THE consumer Trinitron system. Eventually it started having issues which I was able to get fixed but I sold it when I moved to the US from Italy.
In the US my last Trinitrons were the PVM 2950 with its cool industrial design and touch controls. And I also had the last and greatest 32XBR960 HDTV which i picked up from Fryes at the end of the CRT era.
I feel I still have my foot in the past as I have two Pioneer 60" Kuro Plasma screens as my daily viewing monitors. A KRP-600M and a Signature Series PRO-141FD both of which I picked up cheap on CL. The image these monitors put out is still stunning IMO esp 1080p24.
xtimebanditx

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love my XBR960. The colors on the thing are unreal and puts my 4k Sony to shame in the 3D looks department. I am hoping one day I will find the proper stand for it and fix the geometry issues. Welcome to the projector community; I am also rather new. Missed out on a g70 so you'll have to let me know how it is!
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the little brother of the 960 the 30 inch I don't have the model off the top of my head right now.

CRT.

HD done right!
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnalogRocks wrote:
I have the little brother of the 960 the 30 inch I don't have the model off the top of my head right now.

30 XBR 910

CRT.

HD done right!
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 04, 2020 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heds up! New set of G70 tubes for sale: http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42410

CRT.

HD done right!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: