Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Ready to Blend? Two Marquee 9500 Ultras & Processor

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim in Phoenix

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:09 pm    Post subject: Ready to Blend? Two Marquee 9500 Ultras & Processor Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Guys

Two 9500 Ultras with all new tubes, $5900 each, and I'll GIVE you the DVX processor and a Moome Mux. You will need some sources (BluRay, cable, satellite, Apple TV etc) and some cables, and a 1.0 gain screen around ten feet wide.

The projectors shown are twelve years old! and just coast along at Contrast 55. I bump up the G2 slightly every couple of years to adjust for the slight tube wear. This is as far as you can go with CRTs; the advantages over stacking are numerous.

The projectors will ship out in correct plywood crates with IR remotes, manual, lens tools, and my BlendZilla setup guide.

Did someone mention Football season?

Most of my visitors cannot believe it is two projectors

The system includes full technical support, lifetime:

E-Tech has provided part or all of six HT edge blend systems since 2006; no one is more experienced.

Freight is additional, about $600 to the east coast, a bit more into Canada. I can arrange air freight to anywhere. It will take about three weeks to get these ready and tested, the tubes arrived yesterday.

Additional pictures on request, just e.mail me. ehometech8022@yahoo.com

If you don't Blend, you Suck!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim Martin, E-Tech Systems Scottsdale

480 253 2781 please text me first

Last edited by Tim in Phoenix on Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tim in Phoenix

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys

I have restored some of the pics
Tim in Phoenix

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys

You're gonna blow your tax refund on something huh? LOL

I have enough new tubes and 9500 Ultras to build one more system $11,800 plus shipping. All projectors will get three new tubes, the fan noise mod, new clm battery, and the best nicest covers I can find. Add $500 each for custom lid paint any color. Add $1000 for parts spares kit. I will include a DVX processor, a Moome MUX, my BlendZilla Setup Guide, a Joe Kane BluRay disc for test patterns, and a laser level.

Unlimited e.mail and phone support and 90 day parts warranty. Correct wooden crates for the projectors.

I will order you a new Stewart screen any type at my cost, 1.0 Snowmatte is preferred, nine or ten feet wide.

Ready for inky blacks and awesome punch?

Tim Martin, E-Tech Systems Scottsdale

480 253 2781 please text me first\0

ehometech8022@yahoo.com
Tim in Phoenix

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys

I have acquired two more Moome MUX processors and can part with one for a blend system. Since I have several 9500 Ultras here I can quote a complete system, pricing to depend on what mint or new tubes I can find. Figure $15,900 plus a new Stewart screen at my cost.

Take CRT to the limit on an eight to ten foot screen width!
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim, no offence but $15,900 USD is a bit out to lunch in 2021 for a quality projector setup that can do a 8-10 foot wide image.

A quality 10 foot wide image is easy to do on just about any single digital at 1/2 less of that asking price (like a high end JVC DLA-NX7), or go whole hog with a JVC DLA-NX9 for about that price (MSRP is around $17K) and higher contrast ratio. There are laser models available too from both Sony and JVC.

It'll be (a) brighter, (b) do 4K as well as HDR (neither of which CRT can do), (c) not require any input cards, (d) not require a blending video processor (put that money towards a Radiance Pro instead), and (e) not take up a 5 foot wide spot on your ceiling and require a dedicated hushbox due to the noise level and cooling due to the heat.

I get the allure of CRT (I built this website and forum afterall and love CRT) but these days people are lucky to give away nearly brand new CRT projectors. If you want my 2 cents, lower the price while you still can. The older they get, the less value they have.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
jask

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agreed, and regardless of what you sell it for make sure the new owner finds their way here to the forum, it will take a special type of tech geek to want to build that system a new home and they will fit right in with us!
View user's photo album (4 photos)
Tim in Phoenix

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys

I like new tubes in the projectors I sell, and they have become hard to find. Lexel still makes LCP09s but has no interest in working with me. We have some flight sim customers, they tell me. So with new tubes priced at $2400 each, no I am not giving stuff away.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's kind of my point... two projects with new tubes is $2400 x 6 = $14,400 just in tubes alone (your cost price, no markeup yet). I get why some flight sim customers would pay this for specialized setups but for home use on a screen that's only 8-10 feet wide? Either way, I do wish you luck with the sales.

Kal

Tim in Phoenix

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal

I have yet to buy one tube from Lexel. When they pack it in Then maybe at 75 off. Stop analyzing what I do Thanks
jask

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeesuz Tim, you put out the number.. I read that as Kal reaffirming the relative cost VS the digital alternatives.
View user's photo album (4 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm seriously not analyzing anything frankly. I just see someone offering an 8-10 foot projector experience for just under $16K USD that uses CRT and *lots* of ancillary equipment / setup and from what I'm seeing based on customer emails nobody's going to bite as it's kinda insane given how far digital has come over the last 10 years.

If Tim's looking for 1 person in a million then fine. Anyone can sell anything for whatever they want, but I'm only commenting as Tim's mentioned in the past that buyers are hard to find... So if this stuff doesn't sell, you know why. I do wish you the best of luck in your sales Tim. My suggestion would be to offer some explanation as to why this is a better option than a digital selling for a similar price. Provide that value add incentive to educate people.

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've split the follow on comments into a new thread here as it's really getting off-topic (sorry!):

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42847

Kal

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: