Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Moome V4

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:28 pm    Post subject: Moome V4 Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I think moome should give this Another go. Cleaver minds that give up on themselves really is a shame, I'm sure he can make a another version of it that will last a long time. The features I don't care about only that he makes antoher go at it. One last time for the entusiast and perhaps himself. The last touch on the analog CRT Before going elsewhere where he needs to be.

My take on it is was the horrid experiance I had over a JVC x5900 recently (uncalibrated by experts but used JVC internal whatever) that drooped my jaw to the floor. I can only explain it by as seeing a Star Wars Movie without DNR and with it. Youtube it and you will see how much DNR will make for a greater image and I sure as hell will have it that way. The x5900? Oh yes, without it!

4K77 + 4K83 is as far as I know in both versions with DNR and without it. Can link you to it if you like.
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A go at what exactly? What features are you looking for? What product are you referring to?

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know.. he's the brains he will know. What bugs me is that he gave up on the moome #4 that he was working on. It was never made but told even to me personally he was working on another, and others interested, so you should ask him why he never finished what he seemed to be eyeing on. I know you keep repeating that you sell a very poor amout of moome's but at the same time why stop? Can't it be for the high end user? Sell a few but at far higher price?
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewolfman wrote:
I know you keep repeating that you sell a very poor amout of moome's but at the same time why stop? Can't it be for the high end user? Sell a few but at far higher price?

You answered your own question. You need a certain volume to make any product possible. It can take weeks or months of testing and lots of money to come up with a production ready product. Spending a lot to come up with a product for the few users who would actually buy it makes very little sense. Would you spend $2k+ on a new HDMI card? That said, I have little info as to what moome’s up to. Send him an email and ask for something new.

Kal

thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
thewolfman wrote:
I know you keep repeating that you sell a very poor amout of moome's but at the same time why stop? Can't it be for the high end user? Sell a few but at far higher price?

You answered your own question. You need a certain volume to make any product possible. It can take weeks or months of testing and lots of money to come up with a production ready product. Spending a lot to come up with a product for the few users who would actually buy it makes very little sense. Would you spend $2k+ on a new HDMI card?

Kal

Ok, I was in the $600 at the most. It saddens me though the CRT action has already come to an end.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea on Moome’s costs but sales are most obviously far down from where they used to be. If someone wants an updated HDMI card, email moome and let him know what features you are looking for: moome@curtpalme.com

Kal

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: