Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Burning electronics smell and convergence gone.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
papalek

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I really hate to scrap it. Until this convergence problem it has been rock solid for about 4 years now. And the tubes are mint. When I got this one it only had about 700 hours on it. Now that I solved the HVPS issue it has never had a shutdown problem. It never has HVPS restarts even when it runs all day.

View user's photo album (24 photos)
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem is, the electronics are 20 years old, and things will fail even just sitting there. I'd post, looking for scrap boards here, but don't hold your breath sadly.

I've held onto CRT stuff for years longer than there was demand for, and posted here many times giving warnings that I was throwing stuff out. Very few people ever took me up on stuff, then would email 2 weeks after I turfed it, looking for parts. Happened every time. Smile
HaydnG90

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patience. I had to wait 12+ months for a replacement YA board for the G90 to show up. Lived with a nasty NEC data digital pj for that down time. Another deal like that $675 Ebay 4600 will show up. Also check CL nationwide using Searchtempest.
papalek

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well had someone send me boards for a 3300 and 4300. Horizontal board is the only one that is compatible. BUT I was thinking and realized that I never sold the 3600 that I took down to put up the 4600. I went and dug in the storage and found it. Changed all 3 boards and IT'S ALIVE!!!. It is back working perfect. I had what I needed all along. And I seen markings on one board near a jumper. One setting for 3600-4600 and the other for 2600. So I should have spares for them as well. I still have my 2600 hang on the ceiling of master bedroom. I stopped using it a year ago but still have not taken it down. It was working perfect when I stopped using it.
View user's photo album (24 photos)
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you offered me that 3600 at one point. Glad you kept it for parts!

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: