Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Switch tubes or board?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toucanb1

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:24 pm    Post subject: Switch tubes or board? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hello to all: I was here a few months ago about a Barco Cine 7 projector. Received some helpful hints. The projector that I was asking about, is all set up now and the picture is quite good, if I do say so myself. As mentioned before the green crt is quite bad. On the light scenes you can see the burn quite well. I know that I have to replace it. Here's my problem. I have
exactly the same projector here, that is not working properly. When I went to use my old Cine 7 projector the blue crt would start to go on and off. It would flicker and then it went totally dark. Tried turning it on a few times and nothing. Tried turning it on a while ago and bingo, it worked and has turned on since. No video but quite bright. Now the green and red crt's are quite dull. Video on the red and green but dull, no video on the blue but quite bright. Now I don't think that the blue crt is bad, I believe it's a board.
The tubes on the Cine 7 with the blue crt that did not work but now turns on, are in excellent condition. My other Cine 7 has the burnt green crt. What do you think. Here's the question. Should I take the green tube out of the one projector and replace it into the projector with the burnt green crt. Or should I take the board out of the projector with the burnt green crt and put that board into the projector that had the blue crt that would not light. Or just purchase a board and put it into the projector that didn't light that has the excellent crt's?
If anyone out there knows what board would cause the crt's not to work and light correctly, I would appreciate it. I hope that I explained my problem correctly. If someone knows what board would cause the crt's in the one projector not to work and they have one for sale at a reasonable cost I may be interested in purchasing it. What's the best solution? Again thanks to all. John
virusc

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased the last of the parts from Curt for the Cine7 projectors. I have been looking for tubes and more parts for a few years now and have not found any. Their was a guy that won a auction for $50 with 30ish new Cine7 tubes. I contacted him but he wanted $500-1000 for a set of tubes. I think you need to do full troubleshooting at this point. Curt maybe can chime in but if you have no error lights it could be a loose connection. I would reseat all the boards and look for damage or bulging capacitors etc... I have 2 Cine7's (one is a runco 870) and one is in really good shape and the other turns off after its warm. That is why I asked Curt to sell me boards when he did his purge of parts.
ElTopo

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not upgrade to a 9 inch CRT ?

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, parts are hard to find for these projectors and they are not going to get any easier. People who have these projectors are like a museum curator.
If you want to see a dinosaur you have to go to a museum to see one. Just like the crt tv's. How many working tv's went to the junkyards, when they went to a digital signal, to flat screen and then to digital tv's. Now everyone is getting rid of their flat screen tv's for smart tv's. People want plug and play with all the bell and whistles, like blue tooth and everything else you can think of. People want projectors they can pick up and move with one hand and not worry about convergence and set up. No one wants these big, heavy beasts around any longer. How many people have record players now? Just us die hard's. We are the last of the Mohegan s. Thanks for your info. John
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: