Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Barco 909 scan fail

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaredjaric

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject: Barco 909 scan fail Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hope you guys out there can help me on this,

Paging Curt and HUlio :0

Am having issues with my pj, it has the dreaded red led scan fail on the smps.

Swapped out the the hv parts( eht, quads and splitters) still no hv and scan fail red led.

Reseated the front tray , my pj has a bad locking system of the sliding trays and comes loose after sometime, which causes scan fail also.

Prior to the scan fail there was large pop near the quads causing the video to go blank, but it came back again.

And the screen showed an i2c error code , video went on for a few minutes but started to go on and off.

So i shut the pj down , but now am not able to bring it back on.

Please help me find the suspect guys.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It won't have anything to do with the quad or EHT board. You most likely will need to send me boards to test in my test chassis, although next month I will have 5 spare 909 chassis (split packs). Two are sold complete, but I could sell the electronics section only if you're interested.

With an HV arc, the problem could be anywhere.
jaredjaric

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
It won't have anything to do with the quad or EHT board. You most likely will need to send me boards to test in my test chassis, although next month I will have 5 spare 909 chassis (split packs). Two are sold complete, but I could sell the electronics section only if you're interested.

With an HV arc, the problem could be anywhere.

Thanks Curt, please pm me for the price of the available boards

Found the culprit, Thanks to H for this. It was the smps again, good to have spares.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't have any SMPS until mid August, as I am getting 6 more Barco 909 split packs in. Can you send me an email and I'll let you know when I get them in, but figure August 15. I will be in Los Angeles on August 9 to pack them up to ship to me. Otherwise, you can send me your SMPS for repair, which will be cheaper than selling you a replacement.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: