Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Here's your chance to start Edge-Blending cheep!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim in Phoenix

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 01, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject: Here's your chance to start Edge-Blending cheep! Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Guys

Analog Way "BlendZilla" processors, this guy has several, from $995. They were $16,500 ten years ago. Be advised that no one has parts for these.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2FANALOG-WAY-Di-VentiX-DVX8022-Computer-Video-Up-Down-Mixer-Scaler-Switcher%2F202302707823%3Fhash%3Ditem2f1a2e586f%3Ag%3AWkEAAOSw8Pda6K97&campid=5336656890&toolid=20008

A Moome MUX lets you feed it almost any HDMI signal. You will need an HDMI to DVI-D cable and an old Windows laptop with RS232. I have the remote control software.

I will provide technical advise and my setup guide for those considering going full-tilt.

If you don't Blend, you Suck! LOL
ElTopo

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's cheaper with 2 x TV One Units Wink

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 02, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElTopo wrote:
It's cheaper with 2 x TV One Units Wink

Is it? Please detail your many years of experience using Edge Blending. I have eleven years experience.

Nash had problems, the overlap zone is stepped not curved with TV Ones, he couldn't make it look right. Nash?

Last edited by Tim in Phoenix on Wed May 02, 2018 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
ElTopo

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 02, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said cheaper Very Happy

I haven't tested it myself so i cannot say if the TV One's are good enough.

Nash where are you ? Mr. Green

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 02, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh?

Less than $995? What sort of toys will that buy you? LOL
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO, I’d rather put the $2K towards a JVC digital. You can get some pretty good b-stock units for not much more than that, no special setup or HVAC system required, no hushboxes required.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
jbltecnicspro

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
IMHO, I’d rather put the $2K towards a JVC digital. You can get some pretty good b-stock units for not much more than that, no special setup or HVAC system required, no hushboxes required.

Kal

If this forum had a "like" button I'd "like" this post. I get the love for CRT but at this point newer digitals are good enough they're a moot point.
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 02, 2018 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're old school (like CRT). No "like" button. Wink

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
Jeremy112

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 03, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take a couple of Sony digital's with Edge Blending built right into it. They're cheap enough and its fairly easy to setup. Edge blending on CRT is jut not worth the time and effort, though I have seen the results on a good CRT blend and Thumbs Up

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 03, 2018 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, just wanted to clarify Tim that I'm not saying it's a bad thing to pursue. Just from a cost perspective not worth it. Although I would love to see a correctly setup CRT blend.
Tim in Phoenix

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 03, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys

Blending solves a lot of problems. Inky blacks, no motion artifacts, short throw, insane light output, and now great pricing.

But I have always said, buy the thing you like.
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't insanly difficult to match colors with two projectors?
Tim in Phoenix

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewolfman wrote:

Not in my experience. The DVX processor has a horizontal gray bars stair step test pattern that lets you see exactly where black, grays and white are set. Only a badly worn tube would mess that up.
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim in Phoenix wrote:
thewolfman wrote:

Not in my experience. The DVX processor has a horizontal gray bars stair step test pattern that lets you see exactly where black, grays and white are set. Only a badly worn tube would mess that up.

Ok, so that is how its done, I can see how step pattern can make things easier. Since I have my pj horizontally leveled in chains it is very tempting to just raise my not working one and install the new working one underneath, and of course try and fix it so I have both working to make a stack. That would be fun and does not require any more gear to make that happen. Very tempted.
Tim in Phoenix

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 04, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys

I was PM'd, this is the conversation:

Tim

I have 2 9500 lc. Having one finally set up by a professional. Was considering a stack of this tech says both projectors are in well enough shape. Is a blend harder or easier than a stack.? New to posting here. Thank you for any reply. One 9500 is from hi rez. The other from Curt Palme within least 2 years. Tech coming on Sunday to calibrate one 9500.

Say James

I have a side-stack customer four miles from me in Phoenix on a ten foot diagonal screen. It is difficult to align. All signals to the projector are 1080p but I can only feed a correct test pattern from the VE BluRay disc. And 1080p from that is not aligned on the eight other signals. The satellites and Apple TV have no patterns internally so the best I can do with those is put up some text and try to get the center correct.

Stacking pushes several geometry adjustments to the limits; H Linearity especially. The corners might not converge. One has to throw trapezoids from the tube faces to be squared at the screen. You cannot align a side stack of 9500s on screens smaller than ten foot diagonal; there is not enough range of adjustment. Thermal drift is another problem; any work on the projectors requires a two hour warm-up after.

Blending has the projectors looking straight ahead with moderate geometry correction; H Keystone mostly and some H Linearity. My setup only needs alignment every 1000 hours, and slight alignment at that. The DVX outputs all signals at one scan rate so you would only need one memory in each projector.

Look me up if you get into Phoenix; blending is the coolest thing you can do with CRTs. 480 253 2781
UncleWill

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn. I was in Phoenix. Totally should have called you, Tim.
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Tim in Phoenix

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys

One left; reduced!!!!!!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2FANALOG-WAY-Di-VentiX-DVX8022-Computer-Video-Up-Down-Mixer-Scaler-Switcher%2F202302707823%3Fhash%3Ditem2f1a2e586f%3Ag%3AWkEAAOSw8Pda6K97&campid=5336656890&toolid=20008

Last edited by Tim in Phoenix on Wed May 23, 2018 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
ElTopo

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 22, 2018 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: