Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Nidi's Mike Parker Marquee board mods
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mp20748

TV/Projector: 9500LC Ultra / Super 02 and 03 VIM

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
nidi wrote:
why are you so hard pressed on the agreement?

I thought would have great regard for agreements, being something you're always made sure was honored.

Quote:
if I wouldn't have sent those boards to someone who knows what he's doing, I'd still be sending money your way to fix something, that probably cannot be fixed

The problem you were having with the boards were not Mod related at all, I was doing you a favor by doing the repair, and doing so at NO CHARGE. And did so by your request.

Quote:
be a man of your word, everybody on the forum can see it (post 3), and send me a set of unmodified VNB's

That's not going to happen without you sending me your modified set of neck boards first, you will not get a set of boards from me without them. So let's look at what's in post #3:

Quote:
And yes, I would love to exchange those boards for a set of stock boards. Just remember the part of our agreement that you were not to send them to Kurt

Do you see the stipulation?

Now that we're getting somewhere, when are you going to send me your modified neck boards that I've done for you, because that has always been my policy and that's not going to change here.
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nidi wrote:
and again Mike, how did you check your work?

I have both skill, ability and equipment on hand, to include nearly a half century of electronic technical experience

Quote:
why are you so sure that the boards worked?

Let's see, the boards were sent back to you and you claimed they were working fine, months and months go by, and you still say things are fine. Somehow later the name Kurt shows up as checking my boards and finding problems. And without having neither technical knowledge, equipment or tools to PROPERLY determine what he imagined, nor did he contact the person who was responsible for doing that version of the mods with the necessary questions any and all really qualified persons would have needed to ask, he has simple determined the boards to be defective. Though his summery of findings seem right, they said absolutely nothing, because he would have needed both required test gear and experience to justify even the ability to be what you claim. There are several very qualified person on this forum that I would have agreed with their involvement, because of their expertise..and I've pointed them out several times in this thread already. Plus you knew already to not involve Kurt.

Quote:
what did you check?

As I had already told you and indicated that I would hold onto them for a few days to make sure they were OK and you seem to have verified that after you got them back.

Quote:
what about the low light output I kept telling you for a least 2 times?

That problem that Kurt listed did not exist on those neck boards. just remember that if I would have been involved before any testing, or if the proper thing could have been doing when the low light problem was discovered, I would have been able to explain why the low light was showing as a problem. And this is why it's important to have stuff properly looked at. You had the same problem after getting them back and the problem was solved after you mentioned to me...you see, you have verified yourself that the boards did not have a light problem after I told you what was going on and needed to go with them, to later trusting in what Kurt had told you, rather than involve me once more. All I'll say is those boards would need the entire video chain to work properly, something I've been saying over and over about the, and was confirmed by you, who told me what your calibrator had said about the light output.

I hope if you ever need a serious surgery, you would make sure the person doing it has the years and necessary experience need for the right outcome.

Light output problem..Rolling EyesMr. Green
nidi

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:16 pm    Post subject: this might explain a bit Reply with quote

Top quality work, I have to admit

how do you know , that it didn;t exist before.

HOW DID YOU TEST IT?

we are still waiting for an answer......

mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: this might explain a bit Reply with quote

nidi wrote:

And we're still waiting for you to send them to me..Wink

And thanks for the compliment on my great work there. I also think it's quite good considering it's Mod work..Mr. Green
nidi

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: this might explain a bit Reply with quote

mp20748 wrote:
nidi wrote:

And we're still waiting for you to send them to me..Wink

And thanks for the compliment on my great work there. I also think it's quite good considering it's Mod work..Mr. Green

by now we all know that this would make no sense sending you the boards.

you can't even make up you mind.

first you say you will send me unmodified boards , then you don't, then you can't , then you want the boards.

there is a medical explanation for this and I think you know what it is.

didn't you have the same problems a year ago when we almost had the same back and forth.

do you even remember.
nidi

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

more pics of the great work Mike did on my VNB's

nidi

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone else like to comment on those pictures other than Mike?
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: this might explain a bit Reply with quote

nidi wrote:

by now we all know that this would make no sense sending you the boards.

You wanted the exchange, and now you're acting like you want to hold onto the neck boards, and you're saying there's something mental going on with me...

Let's see, it has ALWAYS been my policy to have the boards sent back to me, which is something that has been required of me since day one. And it is something you like everyone else should be well aware of.

If you are having second thoughts about doing the swap, that would be fine, but please decide which way you intend to go with this soon. Like today, so we can move on.
nidi

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can we have a vote on the forum,

who would want me to send those boards back in the hope they will finally work.

anyone against me sending them back?
nidi

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone of the preferred commentators of Mike

like Barclay66 , Tim , Gjaky or Curt

like to give a comment on Mike's fabulous work
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nidi wrote:

Do you not have anything worthwhile to spend your time on?

And if someone did chime in with their opinion, what would be accomplished?
nidi

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mp20748 wrote:
nidi wrote:

Mike, 'm still giving you the chance to admit that you did a horrile job on my baords.

it's not too late.

And you dont need to confess next weekend at church
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nidi wrote:
can we have a vote on the forum,

who would want me to send those boards back in the hope they will finally work.

anyone against me sending them back?

Oh are you NOW saying you are considering sending those terrible boards back to me to repair?

When did that change of mind take place, and do you not want to do the board swap now?
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nidi wrote:
mp20748 wrote:
nidi wrote:

Mike, 'm still giving you the chance to admit that you did a horrile job on my baords.

it's not too late.

And you dont need to confess next weekend at church

No, doing that would not be the truth.
nidi

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send them back man, so I can check them out and then send you a set of stock boards that look factory fresh and does not have that goop on them.

I'm all for that, so let's make that happen and get this over with..
HaydnG90

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My vote, send the cards back and get the factory fresh non goopy replacements. Perhaps MP can pay shipping both ways as a 'goodwill' gesture?
dvh99

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be honest its not the best soldering job i have ever seen.
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dvh99 wrote:
to be honest its not the best soldering job i have ever seen.

And it's not the best I've done either. But this being a close up of an Re-solder joint, it wouldn't be a fair thing to point, because that solder joint has not been determined to be defective. It's a re-solder joint, not what you would expect from factory board soldering.

HaydnG90 wrote:
My vote, send the cards back and get the factory fresh non goopy replacements.....

This is the ONLY solution here. Let's stick to what we agreed to and get this over.

nidi wrote:

it's not too late.

You have a bigger problem here that involves more than an admission. You are going to have to send those boards back to me to be checked out. You have an entire thread here devoted to defaming me and my work, and yet there is nothing clearly showing or proven that a problem exist. You pop up out of nowhere attacking and accusing me of sending you defective boards, but nowhere is there proof of this. And you've been very honest that the boards were sent to an known adversary and someone that we have in writing that you were not to send them to. So it would be very important for you to get me to "admit I did a horrible job" because you have not proven your right to publicly and internationally put me out there the way you did here, accusing me of sending you boards that were defective... boards that have been very well tested before sending them back to you, and not once hearing that anything was ever wrong with them after thy were delivered to you, to later (more than six months) find myself being publicly lynched on a dedicated thread for something that has yet to be proven, with accusations based on the testimony of my adversary only... These days, you just can't make this stuff up.

The only thing that needs to happen here, is that you get those boards to me.

Our Service Policies here, shares in our protection under the 14th amendment:

In the United States, a person is considered innocent until proven guilty. The 14th amendment to the US Constitution guarantees to every person, aliens included, “equal protection under the law.”

Stuff has to be proven FIRST before conviction...

"In law, a conviction is the verdict that usually results when a court of law finds a defendant guilty of a crime. The opposite of a conviction is an acquittal"

So before a conviction can happen, there must be evidence to get an indictment...I've been both indicted and found guilty - where is the evidence??
nidi

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, I'm considering getting the boards to you, but first, I do need a pictures
of a complete standard working board set with an unmodified Moome card.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7
Jump to: